Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 7:38 PM Last edited by Noa1500 : 3rd Sep 2020 at 9:02 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SOLVED Brand new computer, game installs but wont run (DirectX9 error)
Hi, I've stuck this under "other" because it might be install or crashing since its not gameplay because that's not happening

Anyways, I got me a new Lenovo Legion 5 the other day (16gb ram, Nvidia gtx 1650) and found that I have a DirectX9 error when I ran UC. Not really sure what that means but I've never encountered this before. Pretty sure that the problem is that my computer is just too new and fancy for the game that both are going "what is that?". But like, you know I'm not great at this stuff so someone out here might know better? Searching here, only stuff from like 2006 appeared and that's probably not gonna help. According to my googling it seems to be both fixable and not at the same time? I took a look at the stuff on Leefish and it's way over my head, I managed it 5 years ago but no longer can!

Should it be fixable, would someone please explain (as one would to a child) what I need to do and how?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 8:31 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 2nd Sep 2020 at 8:46 PM.
Guessing you first need to (forcibly) introduce your game to the card.

Try GraphicsRules/Video Cards fixes and 4gb fix, from this link:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=610641

I think they're all explained in that link. Hold off on the memory allocation fix for a bit, though. The fix in the new version of the GraphicsRulesMaker seems to work a bit better for some if you get pink flashing, and 4gb may be a bit better for crashes (the allocation thing didn't seem to do a lot for my game, but the line added to the file removed pretty much all the rest of the pink flashing I had. I have the 1070 card).

This method is also a possibility, but see if the above works first.
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=633003

Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 9:01 PM
Good news: method 2 works! Thank you!

I've followed the instructions and now it runs the way it should in windowed mode using that helpful fullscreensizer. The only mystery is why its pretending the resolution is 640x480 when it totally isn't. But as everything is behaving normally (edge scrolling rip), I'm going to ignore it