Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 11:32 PM Last edited by lefterisxo : 8th Sep 2020 at 10:22 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Duplicate Sims found in SimPE
Hi all, I have not posted on here for a long time as I have not had any issues since the last serious problem you all amazingly helped me deal with. I believe that I have signs of corruption inside my neighbourhood of Pleasantview as I have discovered that there are two sims inside of one-character file. In my case, there are two 'Skip Brokes' inside of the file N001_User00881.package. They both have red backgrounds when viewed in SimPE as it is the blue-eyed Skip Broke that does not have any character data. About 5 years ago, I watched a tutorial about how to resurrect sims with no tombstones or character data and did this for Skip Broke which worked perfectly for the last 5 years and I have never had an issue with it until now.

The error I receive in SimPE is:
"This is just a Warning. It is supposed to keep you informed about a Problem. Most of the time this is not a Bug!
The Sim with GUID 0xE4A6318F (inst=0x0017) exists more than once. This could result in Problems during the Gameplay!

I really do not know what happened but it has started to affect my game play as Beau Broke has been entirely removed from the family tree and replaced with a blank icon labelled as Skip Broke but is just a glitch.

Is anyone able to help me out or understand what exactly is going on?

Thanks
Lefteris
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 8:06 PM
Default An Attempt at Help...
I think I'm a little late here, but I'll try to answer anyway.

Having two Skip Brokes is normal, as is having two Darleen Dreamers and if you play Strangetown, you'll notice a duplicate Nervous Subject, too. These duplicates, I believe, are early versions of the sims we know today that could have gotten accidentally deleted somehow by Maxis.

The Skip Broke with blue eyes is Dustin and Beau's genetic father, but he has no character data. The one with green eyes is the one seen in the family tree and the remade version with character data (at least I believe he does when relinked).

After rereading your post, you seem to know this anyway and I don't think it concerns Skip Broke...or does it?

What I'd suggest is load your 'hood in SimPE. Then, go into Tools-->Neighbourhood-->Sim Browser. Click on 'Name' to sort the sim's names in alphabetical order and keep scrolling to see if there are any duplicates. Alternatively, you could load your 'hood in SimPE, go into the 'Sim Description,' and I believe it has their instant numbers in the table (the Sim Browser may do this, too. I'm not on the computer right now, so I can't check). Click on the 'Instant Number' to see if it sorts the sim's names that way. See if you can find two copies of 0x0017.

From what I've read in older topics, it's usually not two sims that are identical just their GUID, which is usually unique to one sim. I could be wrong, though. I don't know how it occurs, or how to fix it unfortunately, only how you can, hopefully, find the culprit. There are a lot of people more experienced in this topic.

As for Beau Broke on the family tree issue, go into the 'Sim Description,' and click on 'Name' to sort the sim's names in alphabetical order and find Beau. Click on the 'More' tab, and find 'Family Ties.' See if there's any discrepancies there, it could just be the family tree having a hiccup.

Not the most helpful advice, but I wanted to give it a go. Hopefully, this gets solved for you.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...