Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 4:59 PM Last edited by colazocker13 : 14th Sep 2020 at 9:03 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default 4gb patch not working after new Windows 10 Update
Hi all,

I had my game crash again after a long time recently, so I looked into the config-log in my Logs folder to find the issue. It seems that the 4gb patch does not seem to work anymore (it shows me it's using 1024MB of memory instead of 4096MB, as it did before). This issue is not new with Windows 10 users and usually fixed by moving the .exe file into the CSBin folder. This time that didn't work either, and maybe it has to do with a new Windows 10 update I did recently. I also found that if I launch the game by just clicking the .exe file, and not via a shortcut, that it uses the correct amount of memory again.

I'm lost here, there seems to be an issue with using a shortcut on my desktop. I guess just launching it directly from the .exe isn't that much of a problem, but it prevents me from playing in windowed mode, which I do like to do.

Any ideas?

Edit: In case anyone is wondering, I fixed the issue (for now), by moving my .exe file into a new folder (I named it TSBin1). I created a new shortcut and disabled compatibility mode, which apparently causes the patch to not work, and ran it as administrator. Checked my config-log and it's now showing 4096MB of memory. This could also be the result of Win10 updating once again, but I doubt it.