Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 12:53 PM Last edited by didyouevenmakeasound : 28th Sep 2020 at 5:46 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SOLVED: Criquette's Lighting Remedy makes my NH terrain flash red
Hi all
I downloaded and installed Criquette's lighting remedy in my game, and placed it in the Fun With Pets/SP9/TSData/Res/Lights folder (I play with UC). When I did this, however, the terrain flashes red. The lighting issue itself is solved, but of course I can't play with flashing terrain as I'd be swapping one graphic issue for another. Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this? Should I place it in a different folder? I asked Criquette about it but I didn't really get any information that can help me. I do have the actual mod file in the correct place in my downloads folder but I'm not sure what else I can do.

If you need my specs for this, just let me know. I'm currently trying to figure that out.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 3:21 PM Last edited by CrystalFlame360 : 28th Sep 2020 at 4:23 PM. Reason: I thought I sounded vague in the last sentence.
Could be some sort of memory issue, or a conflict. I only got flashing red once and that was fixed by turning the game off and on again... technically, it crashed, but it fixed itself.

Do you have the 4GB patch and done any of the memory allocation fixes?
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=610641

If so, it could be that your system can't handle the lighting mod.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 10:04 PM
Having the same problem! Let me know how you solved this.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 5:46 PM
Hey! With the help of someone on tumblr who messaged me about this, this has been solved. Turns out that instead of the Fun With Pets/SP9 folder, you need to place the Lighting.txt in the Double Deluxe/Base folder. Who knew, eh? Could have sworn I tried that before, though...

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!