Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#551 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 2:12 PM
I have one problem; I got some wierd random cartextures replacing the terrain of my neighborhoods at times ( such as when I just entered a neighborhood and etc) and decided to uninstall sims 2 Freetime, in case the problem was too high strain on my computer. Now when I open Bon Voyage, All my old Neighborhoods that I backed up and put into the neighborhoods folder wont appear. Is there any way to sort this out ?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#552 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 4:08 PM
When you install a new EP, its features are integrated into your existing game, but the process does not work backwards. Uninstalling does not remove, or unintegrate (if that's a word) those the features of the EP. So unless you have a saved game from before you installed FT in the first place, you're stuck with resetting and starting over, or reinstalling FT to reintegrate the features your current game must now have in order to function.
Lab Assistant
#553 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
When you install a new EP, its features are integrated into your existing game, but the process does not work backwards. Uninstalling does not remove, or unintegrate (if that's a word) those the features of the EP. So unless you have a saved game from before you installed FT in the first place, you're stuck with resetting and starting over, or reinstalling FT to reintegrate the features your current game must now have in order to function.

I believe the word you sought where "disintergrate" . So since I cant reinstall Freetime unless I begin to consider killing my computer I suppose thats the end of the line fo my neighborhood. Buggers me why that issue really happened (groan, 1,5 years of work gone waste!). I might however have a saved game since earlier left, seeing as I have used this neighborhood in Bon Voyage earlier when I didnt have freetime. Could that somehow help me get it to refunction in it?
Site Helper
#554 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 6:13 PM
The simplest solution is to restore from the most recent backup that you have, from before you installed FreeTime. You will, of course, lose everything that you did since that backup.

If you don't want to lose everything that you did, you can attempt to recreate your neighborhood. You should be able to salvage your neighborhood view, including terrain, roads, trees and deco using HoodReplace. You should also be able to salvage the appearance of your sims, then create new sims with that appearance and use SimPE to restore their relationships, family ties, memories, skills, etc. However, the lots that you played with FreeTime will be incompatible with Bon Voyage, so you'll have to recreate them from scratch.
Lab Assistant
#555 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
The simplest solution is to restore from the most recent backup that you have, from before you installed FreeTime. You will, of course, lose everything that you did since that backup.

If you don't want to lose everything that you did, you can attempt to recreate your neighborhood. You should be able to salvage your neighborhood view, including terrain, roads, trees and deco using HoodReplace. You should also be able to salvage the appearance of your sims, then create new sims with that appearance and use SimPE to restore their relationships, family ties, memories, skills, etc. However, the lots that you played with FreeTime will be incompatible with Bon Voyage, so you'll have to recreate them from scratch.

For the restoration, do I have to have a sample of an older back-up of my documents folder, or is it some other file demanded? I believe I've deleted all older back-ups, but I think I might be able to restore it with an un-eraser utility if thats the one I need for this. Freetime was a pretty new aquirement, so I wont lose much anyway, though stinks that I wont have that pretty restoreable car anymore.. but there's me sobbing when prio one really is my precious families back ( Silly me, hehe).
Site Helper
#556 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 10:04 PM
Yes. Restore your backup of your Documents folder.
Test Subject
#557 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 9:50 AM
Default Oops!
I accidentally posted a thread about this! Sorry :/

Operating system: Windows XP
Computer specs: 1.4GHz, 40GB HDD, 256MB DDR, Intel Celeron M 360 processor, 1MB L2 cache
Games: Base Game and Seasons, and I don't THINK I have any patches
Details of Neighbourhood loss: All three of the main neighbourhoods disappeared (Strangetown, Pleasantview, Veronaville). I didn't play any of them that much. Riverblossom Hills was OK. It happened when I either uninstalled SimPE, or uninstalled TS2 Clean Pack Installer
Sim PE Investigation: Don't know, because SimPE doesn't work well on my PC - EXTREMELY slow.
What changed on your system immediately before the corruption: Deleted SimPE or Sims 2 Clean pack installer :/
Any other relevant information: I've tried doing the finding them again in Program Files, and deleting the neighbourhoods folder then starting up the game, and neither of them work.

Thanks
Test Subject
#558 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 12:58 PM Last edited by Kierne : 12th Jan 2012 at 6:19 PM.
I don't know if what I'm experiencing is the beginning of this same issue - I'd love to hear from someone more savvy than I.

System Specs: Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
Computer Specs: AMD Athlon 3.30 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HD, GeForce GT 520 with 1 GB RAM
Games: Everything but Teen Style Stuff, no patches. SimPE Investigation - ::SimPE walks in, looks around, then wanders off to go sit under a tree somewhere:: Everything's peachy! No worries!
What changed recently: I downloaded a couple of new objects, and got a few mods for the game. I'm not going to name names, but this person is a respected member of the Simming Community, and I had no trouble with their stuff - until now. (But removing it makes utterly no difference.)

I haven't lost any neighborhoods, but someone mentioned back when this thread started that the Sim became unselectable.

For me, this has happened in all hoods, when I'm at any community lot, and I try to do something like get a witch to turn my sim, the Live button goes grey. On owned lots, the owner shows up, blows her whistle, then taps her watch - and promptly leaves. On four of ten occaisions, just telling the Sim to leave caused the Live button to grey out. My only choice was to exit without saving. I've never had a problem of this level before, and I was hoping maybe someone could throw me a crumb. Perhaps this is the Sims Gods telling me I was a bit too hasty in bragging that I'd never borked my game to the extent of needing to do a full reinstall...

(If there's a thread about ths exact problem somewhere else, my apologies. This was the only thread I found that mentioned the Live button greying out.)

ETA: Sorry, Mootilda. I noticed that one of the posters had mentioned a similar problem, then their 'hoods went asplodie. I followed the fix it help given, but that's not the problem.
Site Helper
#559 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 3:49 PM
Kierne, this is not the "disappearing neighborhoods" problem, since none of your neighborhoods have disappeared. You should start a new thread in the Sims 2 Help forum, after following the Game Problem FAQ (which is required before you are allowed to post). The Game Problem FAQ will likely solve your problem:
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...lp:Game_Problem
Test Subject
#560 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 8:32 PM
Maybe this has been previously addressed; I'm not sure. I haven't read through all twenty-something pages.

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional
Computer Specs: 2 GHz Pentium processor; 2 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce 7100
Games Installed: Base through Apartment, plus Glamour Stuff
SimPE: *crickets chirping*

I can trace the issue I'm having to a select event: using SimPE. I had used SimPE to edit a character and somehow -- I assumed through not properly saving/closing the 'hood -- it borked my neighborhood and it vanished from the menu. I reinstalled the 'hood from an old backup and tried to recoup my losses. A month or so later and the same thing happened again, although I had been sure to save and close all SimPE files beforehand.

The neighborhood doesn't appear in SimPE when I browse for it, though the N007 folder and all(?) contents are still in My Documents.

(I did try replacing the NeighborhoodManager file to no avail.)

Humbug.
Site Helper
#561 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 1:28 AM
You should always backup your neighborhoods before using SimPE, just in case there's a problem.
Test Subject
#562 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 5:25 AM
You think I would have learned that by now.
Lab Assistant
#563 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 3:36 AM
Default Wtf???!!!
I have normal XP, I have no idea what specs are, I have NL, UL, OFB, SE, PET, FT, IKEA, TS, CS and the base game. I lost my custom neighborhoods, Viper Canyon and Awesomeland, as well as my AWESOME characters, custom stuff and my Riverblossom Hills lot, and I was fooled by Sims Wiki in a tutorial that said I was SUPPOSED to put my SavedSims, Downloads, and Neighborhoods folders on my desktop. When I came back, my lot, 'hoods, Sims and custom content dissapeared. I loved that stuff
WHAT THE FROG IS GOING ON?!
Site Helper
#564 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 5:30 AM
This doesn't sound like the "disappearing neighborhoods" problem. It sound like you are having problems following the instructions in one of the FAQs. Perhaps you should start a new thread in the Sims 2 Help forum and explain what FAQ you were attempting to follow (link please), what you actually did, and what the results of those steps were.

Also, less smileys might make it easier to understand your problem. A lot less smileys.
Test Subject
#565 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 10:18 PM
im using a mac 10.6.8
first only had the original sims 2, got a few expansions and installed them, the last one being bon voyage, now the only neighbourhood i can access is riverblossom hills.
spent so long making a house in pleasantview that if i cant access the original neighbourhoods is there a way to get the family/lot files and bring them to another hood?
Site Helper
#566 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 10:39 PM
What happens when you try to play Pleasantview?

Lot files are relatively easy to move. Just copy all of your lot packages to your LotCatalog folder and rename them to match the naming conventions in that folder.

Families cannot be moved, but you might be able to extract the appearances of your sims and clone them in a new neighborhood:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...act_In-Game_Sim
Test Subject
#567 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 11:12 PM
there isnt even an option to go into the neighbourhood upon startup,
thank you, ill try that with the lot file
Site Helper
#568 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 12:10 AM
What happened right before the neighborhood disappeared?
Test Subject
#569 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 1:28 AM
nothing really, i just installed my expansions and everything loaded fine but all the old hoods were gone and just replaced with riverblossom
Test Subject
#570 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 4:39 AM
Operating system: Windows 7

Games: Sims 2, Open For bussiness (all most recent patches)

Well, i recently got a new laptop and wanted to install my sims 2 on it. I installeverything (The sims 2 followed by Open for bussiness EP) and it all loads fine when i get into the neighborhood menu there are no neighbourhoods? When i go to create one the pop up menu is just blank. I also went into my files (My computer/ EA games/ The sims 2 and the only folders that are present are Config and Downloads. Could this have something to do with my problem?

Neighbourhood File details If you go to Documents/ EA Games/ The Sims2/ Neighbourhoods are the neighbourhood files still there? I DONT EVEN HAVE A NEIBORHOOD FILE Can i just create one myself?

PLease help i am getting withdrawl symptoms!!!
Site Helper
#571 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 5:22 AM
This is not the disappearing neighborhoods problem. It sounds like an installation problem. You'll probably have better luck starting a new thread in the Sims 2 Help forum. More people will see your problem and the people who see your problem will be more likely to be able to help you.
Test Subject
#572 Old 3rd May 2012 at 5:07 AM
The Problem: About two months ago my laptop's hard-drive was replaced but luckily I had backup files of my Sims 2 game and was able to recover the game on my new hard-drive. For two months now it was working perfectly with only a few glitches in the game, but today my computer had a BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH attack and I had to turn it off.

The next time I turned my computer on and loaded the Sims, the neighborhood that I usually use had disappeared. What is strange is that all of the files are still in My Documents Folder, including the Characters, Lots, Storytelling and Thumbnails, but the neighborhood is gone when I start-up the game.

Another thing is, is that when I click on My Computer and locate The Sims 2 Folder there, there seems to be a difference between the content in the My Documents Folder and the My Computer Folder. For example in the My Documents Folder the content contains all of my saved data, etc., while in the My Computer Folder the content looks like it re-installed itself. Could that have anything to do with it?

However, why did my neighborhood just disappear all of the sudden when it was working perfectly fine early today?

Is my neighborhood gone forever even though its files are still on my computer like characters from this neighborhood, etc.?

Thank you,
Desiree
Mad Poster
#573 Old 3rd May 2012 at 5:15 AM
The two sets of files aren't redundant; the My Computer files are the program that runs the game, and the My Documents files are the data that result from the game. The neighborhood folders in My Computer won't change until you go deliberately changing them (ideally). This is why you can always reset a premade hood by deleting it from My Documents and copying the version in My Computer to My Documents. So that's a distraction from your main problem.

That said, I don't know what happened to your neighborhood. Can you still look into it with a package editor? Is there anything wonky when you look in their properties? Does your custom content still work? Has anything detectable changed in your unused neighborhoods?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Site Helper
#574 Old 3rd May 2012 at 4:06 PM
When your computer crashes, it can leave any open files in an indeterminate state. This means that all of your neighborhoods could have been corrupted by the crash. I would recommend that you try restoring from your most recent backup. backup your existing neighborhoods first, just in case. If your previous backups don't work, then you have a different problem than what I've suggested.
Test Subject
#575 Old 3rd May 2012 at 5:06 PM
The strange thing is, is when I load Sims 2 Desiderata Valley [my most used neighborhood] does not appear in the selection of neighborhoods. Like you said my neighborhoods may have been corrupted, yet what's strange is that all of the files are still in the folders, as if nothing happened.

The game was just working perfectly fine; as said before; but right after I turned it off "POOF!" Desiderata Valley disappeared.Could this just mean that I need to re-install Freetime to get the neighborhood back?
Page 23 of 28