Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 10:54 PM
Default Expansion pack hack questions
I have the Sims 2 University Expansion Pack, but so far my houses won't load. I was wondering if this may be due to any hacks I have. I'm planning to delete them all and try it again, but there are a lot I'd like to keep, so I was wondering if anyone knows which ones work and which ones don't, or if the hacks are types are even the problem. I know custom careers are messed up, but I've deleted those already (for now). I do know for sure that I've got the Insiminator, the same sex pregnancy and teen pregnancy hacks, and the one that lets you get triplets and quads. I've got a lot of others, but those are the ones I use often and would really like to keep. So, if anyone can help me out, I'd be really grateful. Thanks!

-Abby
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 12:34 AM
You don't have to delete them all, what you can do instead is to move them all into a different folder outside of the EA Games folder so the game can't access them and then add them back one and a time so you'll be able to tell which ones are causing problems. The Insiminator and teen pregnancy hacks are already known to conflict with some of the changes in the expansion. You can find more information about this here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=48195. You should probably ask any more questions there as this isn't really the appropriate forum.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 12:48 AM
wow Abby your avatar is making me have a seizure!
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 1:55 AM
I uninstalled...
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 12:58 AM
I've uninstalled all my hacks and mods, and it's still not working. Is there any chance it's the number of downloads I have? Should I go through and start deleting the ones I rarely use?
Forum Resident
#6 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 1:13 AM
Abby, staring you in the face when MTS2 opens is detailed message from Loverat regarding EP installation with a link to an awesome how to compiled by Daysies.

How on earth could you possibly have ignored it for so long since posting this unnecessary thread?

We urge everyone who has or will be installing University to check this post and keep it bookmarked for updates!

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=47692
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 3:12 AM
Maybe because I've already installed it and am now trying to figure things out. And maybe because I've already read that, and done what it said. And maybe because all that I have and am trying to put in are genetics, clothes, makeup, floors, and walls, which it says are already compatible. Please don't assume I'm some computer illiterate idiot with no clue what she's doing, and please don't be rude about it.
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 3:22 AM
Regardless of all that, this is STILL the wrong forum, and your avatar is going to give someone a seizure.

Back up all your games and downloads. Reinstall the game. Then reinstall university and see if it works. Then put your saved games back. Then put your downloads back--bit by bit. Don't bother putting back the teen pregnancy hacks and insimenator. They are already known to be incompatible. Are you system specs close to the minimum?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 10:14 PM
Default University Errors and Warnings
What is up with all of the AppErrors, AppWarnings, AudioErrors, ProuctionMessages, TextureErrors?

Anyone else seeing this?

Before installing University I desided to uninstall / reinstall Sims2. I wanted it to be a clean install and then I would add my hacks and mods back as I saw fit.

I have added nothing to the game and yet I see tons of errors and warning in the console and in the "log" folder.

Any ideas? I was thinking that this EP was released with these errors and I will have to wait for a patch.