Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#5726 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 9:03 PM
I have bad memories for romance sims fixed with mod. https://modthesims.info/d/524868/ea...mance-sims.html
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#5727 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 5:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
For the romance issues, I use mods--No Instant Love by Pescado, to be specific. I know a lot of simmers have switched over to Simler90's Romantic Standards, but I still have ACR & Inteen, so I use Pescado's mods. No Instant Love makes it so that sims don't automatically fall in love--attraction level, personality, and aspiration all factor in when a sim falls in love or gets a crush. And of course, that affects the proposal actions, and even some romantic ones sometimes, because if one sim is not in love with the other they'll say no. Case in point, just last week I was playing the Summerdreams. For context, I recently restarted Veronaville and I did play Capp Manor first so Hermia and Puck already dated, and even slept together. When I got around to playing the Summerdreams, Puck rolled a want to go steady with Hermia. I let him go for it, because like I said, they already dated for a while and I was pretty sure Hermia was in love with him. But, to our surprise, she rejected him. Twice. Puck had to ask a third time and take Hermia on another date before she agreed to go steady. So yeah, definitely more challenging for Romance sims and couples with low chemistry to commit to each other, without additional mods.

I used to also use Pescado's Romance Mod, which makes sims show loyalty to existing relationships. I personally found that one a little too constricting, as some of my playables would find dating townies difficult because the local Romance sim(s) got to the townie first. Then the townie wouldn't want to start a new relationship because they were in involved with someone else. I'd prefer that townies see their dates with Romance sims as one night stands, so I ended up nixing that mod, but if you want to make it harder for sims to cheat on each other and to fall in love with multiple sims, then it's a good option. For me, though, No Instant Love is good on it's own. It takes a while or very high chemistry for sims to fall in love. And Family sims fall in love faster and more easily than Romance and Pleasure sims, which makes sense in my head.

I use Pescado's RomanceMod as well and it works well for the way I play. I just wish Romance Sims would sometimes say "Not my thing" to proposals now and then, even even if they have a 100/100 relationship with the other person. I'm not against them gaining the bad memory if they accept, after all it is contrary to their aspiration, but they should just say no sometimes.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Mad Poster
#5728 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crazyangrysim974
Yeah exactly! Just like EVERY single romance sim always rolls wishes to cheat on their partners or alike. It would be nice if their wants and fears would vary from their personality or if it would be completely random after aging up and selecting the romance aspiration or if you could choose between a "good" romance sim or a "housewrecker".

I don't play Romance sims often, but I had one who was in a serious relationship. After a while of ignoring all his cheating wants he started rolling woohoo in bed/in public/in hot tub wants instead. His boyfriend was happy to satisfy those and he stayed in platinum easily.
Forum Resident
#5729 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 3:12 PM
I stopped playing romance sims because they were way too clingy and they ignored their own needs to the point of critical mass. And the three bolt chemistry made them extremely volatile when it comes to jealousy. The lowest romantic action toward another sim could easily set them off.
Scholar
#5730 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 3:16 PM
Wants are not orders. Sometimes I fulfill them; sometimes I see them as just daydreams. Some Romance Sims never want to get married but would rather be carefree singles with lots of lovers. Some do and stay faithful, while occasionally fantasizing about cheating. And some are just dogs who don't care who they hurt. Variety makes the game more interesting. If you let wants roll away, they will eventually roll them less often. If you fulfill them, they will roll them more often. And that helps determine their personality.

As for what makes me go grr--when someone is invited over, rings the doorbell, and then wanders all over the lot or goes to the backdoor and won't stay still long enough to be greeted! Aarrrgh.
Forum Resident
#5731 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
Wants are not orders. Sometimes I fulfill them; sometimes I see them as just daydreams. Some Romance Sims never want to get married but would rather be carefree singles with lots of lovers. Some do and stay faithful, while occasionally fantasizing about cheating. And some are just dogs who don't care who they hurt. Variety makes the game more interesting. If you let wants roll away, they will eventually roll them less often. If you fulfill them, they will roll them more often. And that helps determine their personality.

I agree. I only fulfill a want if it makes sense for that character. Hence why I call my playstyle 'loosely wants based,' because that's what I do.

As for what makes me go grr--when someone is invited over, rings the doorbell, and then wanders all over the lot or goes to the backdoor and won't stay still long enough to be greeted! Aarrrgh.

Oh my, I forgot how much that gets on my nerves. It happened in uni; Dirk would invite Lilith over and she'd keep wandering around until she got fed up and left. Pausing to greet helps that issue, though.

I'm noticing this a lot more in my games lately, but sims have been preparing to put something in the bin, drop it, then leave it. Fortunately, I find the rubbish piles in time so that they don't get ill.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Lab Assistant
#5732 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 4:33 PM

Weird, my sims keep rolling the same wants forever non-stop, no matter if I ignore them.
Mad Poster
#5733 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 5:03 PM
I ignore most of the wants but they still manage get themselves to platinum.
The most popular want nowadays for all my sims is "Get a skill point"
Scholar
#5734 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 5:24 PM

I know I have a mod that stops this. I'm going to have to go digging to find out which one but I know it exists cause I also hated this behavior and now my sims all wait politely by the mailbox to be greeted.

I also only occasionally fulfill wants and often times play directly against them if I want them to roll different ones. I find Fortune the hardest because all you have to do is buy one thing and it will start all those "buy" wants to start coming back.

EDIT: wasn't that hard after all it's called "frontdoorhack" and it's by Pescado.
Mad Poster
#5735 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 8:27 PM
Sometimes, when moving a sim into the dorm, the UI doesn't come back and the only way to fix it is to tab out of the game and force close it. I have the cut screens disabled, so it's not the video getting in the way.

Happened again last night. First sim in newly built dorm in neighborhood, but it's so rare I haven't noticed if that's a pattern with it or not.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
#5736 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crazyangrysim974
Weird, my sims keep rolling the same wants forever non-stop, no matter if I ignore them.

Maybe you need to shake up things for them a bit. Try taking them to a community lot. That will at least reroll wants.

Thank you, clashfan! I'm off to get that now.
Lab Assistant
#5737 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 4:42 PM
The attention desperate friendships. I use a couple of mods to make sim friends more reasonable but sometimes it's just too much. I once made a friendship with my sim's co-worker and immediately 1 day later I simply received a message telling me she's no longer a family friend. WTF I just didn't talk to you for like 5 hours wtf is wrong with you???
It's even annoying during university. "ggggg why u no talk to me? u no me friend anymoar?" bitch i'm busy studying 24/7 I have no time for this
Link Ninja
#5738 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 2:44 AM
This one has been happening forever but when I do a home office it usually has a computer desk, bookshelf and a nice cushy chair but what grind my gears is when sims choose to sit at the chair at the computer desk to read or study rather than the nice reading chair I put in there for them. It happens nearly every time. FINE! sit in your uncomfy chairs! Ungrateful pixels.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

#5739 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 3:16 AM
^It's even worse when you have one Sim reading a book at the desk and they're blocking someone else from using the computer
Mad Poster
#5740 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 4:18 AM
I play my sims where I fulfill wants if it makes sense like wanting a baby when they've been established in town for a while and I'll lock it if they're already on a homestead lot and have just started to decide how their family home is to be laid out.I'll not take too long in getting started on building it and getting it finished before they start trying for that baby.I also make sure their cash savings isn't too low as well and if that's what the issue is they'll start playing with the career reward charisma podiums to build that cash up fast.I got the career rewards unocked in buy mode though a hack because it used to be a royal pain to have to unlock them using that cheat.
Scholar
#5741 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 4:45 AM
@Charmful Try to not put the bookshelf close to the desk. If it's a small room put the comfy chair between the bookshelf and the desk. It might help, I've found they tend to sit in the chair closest to the bookshelf. If the bookshelf is in the middle they always choose the desk chair for some reason.
Alchemist
#5742 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 6:38 AM
Clashfan, I do that, but I double checked my folder and discovered I have a mod for that, too. Ladyangel's Read – Not in dining chair at simfansuk.

@TadOlson, maybe consider some mods to increase the profits for gardening, for less work. Then they won't need career rewards and things to make extra money. Monique's Harvest Yield or BoilingOil's More Realistic Yields will let you increase the number of crops you get after a harvest. I use Monique's mod and it's very simple to edit, so you can customize it for your game and get the right yield for you. I started using it after I created a BACC hood a bit like yours in which everyone was starting from scratch and had to grow their own food to survive. I liked farming but I didn't want it to be the main goal of every family, plus my sims barely had time to do anything else besides maintain the plants. It felt like they were always weeding and talking to plants. Monique also has Harvest Time to change the amount of time it takes for plants to grow, Talk to Many, so that you don't have to manually queue the "Talk to" command, and Auto Seasons Garden, which calls sims to garden.

@Sunbee, try hitting F10, or some of the things in this thread: https://thesims2.livejournal.com/5781299.html. If stuck aging is the cause, you can keep the blender, etc. on the lots to manually age up sims. Or I think the sim manipulator has an option to summon it via pie menu. Finally, I think it might be a dorm issue; if so, you can move sims into a private residence first and then move them to a dorm.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#5743 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 10:10 AM
I have Cyjon's Smarter Chair Selection, so they never block computer or dining table.
Theorist
#5744 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 1:26 PM
@TadOlson
I use BoilingOil's More Realistic Yields along with No Fresh food for my farming family who provide fresh food to the entire hood. My farmers are not filthy rich.
Things are automated with Pescado's Macrotastics-Garden. It may be not to everyone liking since spraying is automated too but I never had a Plantsim with that mod though.
Mad Poster
#5745 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 2:25 PM
I've got a Mod that stopped plants from decaying making them always healthy though I still habe to tend them to improve it.Some of the links will help myself and others who want to play a challenge like the BACC or an apocalypse challenge where they're going back to the land or colonizing new land.
Forum Resident
#5746 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 5:08 PM
The one thing that really bugs me is that food has a short expiration date. It seems after the sims make a meal and after they get done eating it immediately spoils.
Scholar
#5747 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
I have Cyjon's Smarter Chair Selection, so they never block computer or dining table.

Oooohhhh! I had not seen that mod. *snags it* The fact it covers pizza eating and coffee drinking is more to me than just the reading. Thank you very much!

@Essa Those Boiling Oil gardening mods are so awesome. I hated the fresh food effect and so would rarely stock the fridge. I like to have family meals and with the fresh food everyone would take two bites and be done. One toaster pastry could feed a family of 4. I can see where some people like this but it drove me crazy. It's even better that is covers the fish cause now my sims eat a lot of what they catch. I just discovered those recently and I'm loving them!
Link Ninja
#5748 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 7:30 PM
^ I concur. The more yield did wonders for my level 10 home farmer's market business and I love not having to call the grocery service on other sim lots because if I look into their inventory they have a crate full apples or something I can use to stock the fridge!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Alchemist
#5749 Old 2nd Oct 2020 at 2:33 AM

Oh, it be nice if Mortimer could have an observatory, I thought. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? I'm thinking I should give up and either make everything living space or create a second floor deck.
Screenshots

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Lab Assistant
#5750 Old 2nd Oct 2020 at 9:49 AM
This isn't so much about the game but just something that happened to me recently that has me needing to vent.

An unreleased song for The Sims 2 by Jerry Martin was shared on Youtube for years and was interesting to see his take for the soundtrack. I noticed it was taken down a couple years ago and decided to upload it on my own channel to preserve it and let other Ts2 players stumble upon it just as I did.

Two days ago I got a copyright violation for the video in question by Jerry Martin. I have nothing monetized, I only thought it was my way of contributing to the legacy and development of The Sims 2 as it approaches being decades old. I thought well sheesh, take it down I really don’t care I CAN listen to my copy whenever I want but now with the way I was just whipped with some stupid “strike” I don’t think the song will resonate any happy thoughts anymore.
OK so he made the song, he has the copyright of some unreleased song, created probably in 2003, so he can do whatever he wants (Which is to keep it locked away which would be stupid, OR he could be releasing it officially--if so, good for him).

I love TS2 so much but lately it just triggers an OCD trait in me that makes me irate and that shouldn't happen when you're gaming so I've been on a hiatus and especially with this just happening I feel like its just furthering me away from the game and entire series.
Page 230 of 274