Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 3:13 PM Last edited by Katie Turner : 25th Feb 2019 at 7:07 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Simpe 0.75 can't open package in the SimPe GUI
OK first off I apologize for being such a bother and posting so much. Secondly I wasn't sure if this should go in the create fourm since the problem is when I tried to recolor...but since it's SimPE I put it here.

OK Information: I have UC and Windows 8.1 as well as SimPE 0.75 and also the alt sim surgery plugin everything works as it should. Except when I tried to recolor

I get to the point where you create the package? and I get this and it doesn't matter what object I use I am trying to remain positive and not give up considering this is the closest I've gotten

Ok didn't realize text in the picture would be so small here is the zoomed in version
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 5:19 PM
I have tried to do a text change in SimPE, and failed. Then it occurred to me that I have all the game objects 'read and write' protected.

Maybe that's the reason?

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Alchemist
#3 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 9:41 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 25th Feb 2019 at 9:58 PM.
I usually get errors similar to that, maybe not that one, exactly, not sure, when I forget and leave the game running. I also had weird issues setting up when my virus protection was quarantining part of SimPE (the company fixed that).
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 9:56 PM
Did you ever find out why? I'm sorry I know it's been a year over past this but I was just wondering.
Scholar
#5 Old 25th Aug 2020 at 3:43 AM
SimPE Version 0.75.1.31289 has a lot of missing components, the missing hoods.xml from the Data folder is what causes this error. You can replace the missing files from an older or newer version to stop the error.

(package=SimPe.Packages.GeneratableFile)
package (not file) means it's not yet a file but the package exists only in RAM.
SimPe.Packages.GeneratableFile is the temporary package name. Before displaying the new file to the UI (user interface) SimPE needs to work out what type of package it is, to 'know' how to display it. SimPE uses hoods.xml as part of testing if the package is a neighbourhood file.