Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 6:50 AM
Default Petition to get The Sims and The Sims 2 onto Origin, 200+ signatures so far!
I don't know about you, but I jumped onto the sim bandwagon fairly recently, about a year or two ago. I've loved playing the fourth and third installments tremendously, but after diving down the youtube rabbit hole, I've grown curious as to what the first and second installments had to offer. Sadly, there's no official way to obtain either. All we can do is buy them from online market places and hope the discs aren't scratched and the codes aren't missing. I, for one, would love it if The Sims and The Sims 2 were put on Origin. Whether they are free, or priced reasonably doesn't matter to me, nor do I believe it would to others that feel the same as I. Please, give the petition a sign, we have nothing to lose and so much to gain!

http://chng.it/8MXtN9WmGW
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 7:31 AM
Why? Why would you want it on EA's malware/spyware/trojan? I wouldn't let Origin anywhere near my computer. That's why I don't play any new EA games.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 9:25 AM
I signed it. It's a shame that no one new can get Sims 2. Origin can be bypassed.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 10:17 AM
Signed.
Here where I live, I could not find a single copy of the Sims 2 Base Game after my disk had broken.
The UC then became available. I was still on Win 7, moved it to Win 10, never had any problems in bypassing Origin.
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 1:59 PM
For those opposed to Origin, there's also the community wishlist at GOG. Everything GOG sells is DRM-free, so if (admittedly, it's a big IF) they did a deal with EA, theoretically the games would be standalone, and not have to be run through Origin.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 2:58 PM
I wish that EA would let GOG sell the game. I've got a lot of old games off GOG.