Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2020 at 10:47 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Screen issue and miscellaneous
Please help me.

Today I'm going to open the game and I see this screen
The game is bought is not cracked (I want to clarify this)

I noticed that the settings no longer exist, although I have changed everything

I didn't download files or anything.
I remember that this problem happened after I went on Simcity4 game properties, going to put "-w" between the settings.
But I deleted it because it wasn't working
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 10th May 2020 at 11:04 AM
He also deleted the 4 gb patch >.<
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th May 2020 at 12:06 AM
Who is he?

It looks like you might have had a complete reset. I would check that your anti virus can't read your sims 2 files.

The first screen is saying what CC you added, turn that off under settings. Then you will have to reset everything and apply the 4GB patch again.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th May 2020 at 12:54 AM
To stop the warning screen in your first image from appearing every time you run your game, change the setting in the picture that I attached to this message.

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Who is he?

Romance languages like Italian, Spanish, French, etc. do not have a neutral prounoun, often causing translations to use "he" or "she" where English would normally use the word "it". OP is saying "It (the game) also deleted the 4 gb patch."
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th May 2020 at 11:34 AM
Thank you!
Scholar
#6 Old 14th May 2020 at 5:09 PM
Quote:
Romance languages like Italian, Spanish, French
yes, it was my motivation to learn in the highschool

Do a full reset of the game (rename "Sims 2" folder in the "My Documents" and run the game once after to repopulate these folders with defaults) and start over with the mods. You may check the "last modified" entry in important files (like the sims2 executable, config files) if something wasn't messing around.

Excluding the whole game installation *and* data (in Documents) folders in Antivirus settings may help in the future. It will speed a bit the game anyway.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"