Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 11:52 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Too many sims on community lots
Hi guys,

Whenever I visit a community lot the game becomes barely playable, as too many sims are generated and it lags like crazy. My own sims can barely move around the lot because it's so crowded, and large lots are a no-go entirely.

It used to be the opposite problem - very few sims were generated and there was nobody to interact with, therefore going downtown was very dull. I don't know what made it change from one extreme to the other.

Is there any item I can download that lets me choose how many visitors a community lot can have? Please note I am not using intprop maxnumofvisitingsims before visiting community lots.

Thanks guys :D
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 1:17 PM
Maybe you got some mod recently that may be causing that. If not, then try with that cheat with a low number. You can put it in your userstartup.cheat. That cheat was discussed here: https://modthesims.info/t/556571
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 5:42 PM
I used to use that cheat code on my old computer though it wasn't always very effective and I use teleporter objects from Simlogical and a lot visitor controller to limit how many visitors show up and my community lots are always almost empty with the use of those hacks.
I used to have your problem when switching to UC on my newer laptop though the lagging wasn't an issue.What was an issue was that smaller shops got very overcrowded and it just didn't look realistic at all to have tons of sims all swarming every community lot in a newly settled town.
@Borja20 -That lot visitor controller cheat is at best very unreliable and often dosen't even work like downtown.I'd advise using Simlogical objects and the lot visitor controller to fix that overcrowded community lot issue instead of the cheat.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 8:52 AM
This mod has a configurable (I’m not sure that’s the right word haha) version of it which you can adjust in SimPE. There’s a tutorial on how to edit it there as well, maybe you can give that a try?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 1:52 PM
@Vegan_krakus -That is about getting more sims to your community lots when the op is wanting to reduce the numbers visiting the lots which I advised using a lot visitor controller Mod to reduce the visitors and a Mod from Simlogical to set limits on numbers.
@JoeTeeth -I've had your issue with too many sims on community lots at once though it never lagged my game out like it did with you.I does cause other issues to have that happening like fights breaking out on those community lots and overcrowding is an issue which can cause routing fails.
I've got a link to the Lot Visitor Controller Mod HERE
Forum Resident
#6 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 6:41 AM
Yes, I know! but the mod is adjustable in SimPE so OP could use it to change to fewer sims (I think).
Mad Poster
#7 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 3:14 PM
@vegan_krakus -That might help if they're able to figure out how to do that though my suggestion is much easier to use and it really can reduce the visitor load on community lots.I used to have that same issue without the lag though I had other annoying issues like brawls breaking out between npc sims and routing failures from overcrowding and sims getting stuck.I also use Simlogical teleporters to set limits on numbers on smaller community lots like corner stores where overcrowding is a major issue and can cause major problems like fighting between sims.Your idea might work for anybody wanting to be able to edit the munbers who knows how to edit a Mod and just wants to set a global limit to lot visitors in their game.I use non-global options because my computer is more than capapble of running the game and it's even overpowered for TS3.