Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 12:09 AM Last edited by ilove2laugh14 : 6th Sep 2020 at 4:40 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default 3D Septum Piercing recolor kinda transparent
Hi there, I recolored this piercing so it can be black. In body shop and cas it shows up perfectly, but once in game it turns out to be this transparent color/texture. Does anyone know why or if it's fixable? Thanks in advance! The pictures attached are showing the difference between my recolor and the original as well as the working preview in cas.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 1:31 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th Sep 2020 at 1:42 AM.
Open up the file you want to fix in SimPE, click the "cMaterialDefinition" tab in the "Frame" TXMTs, and change all of them to "SimStandardMaterial" instead of "StandardMaterial" (no need to change the "lens" TXMTs), click "commit" between each change, and save the file when you're done. That should take care of most of the weird texture bugs.

When you're done, delete the cache files so you don't get any ingame bugs lagging behind.

Just curious, but did you remove the sim's eyebrows, or did they disappear when you applied the accessory or recolor? I've seen accessories that made eyebrows disappear before, but the original accessory seem to have working eyebrows, which is why I'm asking. The disappearing eyebrows act can be a pain...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 4:39 AM
Thank you for the reply! It worked and I'm so happy and grateful!

I think it's because cc was disabled and the custom eyebrows were removed!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 6:04 AM
If you want the originals to work better, you can do the same for them, too - they also have the wrong settings.

Strange transparency bugs in accessories tend to be caused by this problem. It's a shader issue from the original EAxis glasses, not sure if it ever was fixed from their side, or if it was patched with a fix that doesn't quite stick for recolors. Recolors directly from the glasses or from unfixed recolors of accessories tend to get these issues because they get the wrong lines, so if it ever happens again, you know where to look