Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 3:31 AM
Default Will EA's Rebranding from Origin to EA Desktop App Impact the Ultimate Collection?
As EA plans to transition to the EA Desktop App (see Polygon article here: https://www.polygon.com/2020/9/14/2...subscription-pc) will this impact the Ultimate Collection? Will it remain accessible for those of us who currently rely on Origin to play TS2? I'm worried that it will end up lost to the ages, as it isn't currently available on Steam or any other digital retailer.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 12:04 PM
The article does say that

Quote:
When the transfer happens, players will maintain their EA Origin game licenses and friends lists on the EA Desktop app

so the game itself should still be playable, and they ended support for it years ago.

Other than that,

Quote:
Origin, which launched in 2011, has a reputation for being slow and cumbersome, as a platform, which may be a factor in EA’s overhaul.

Ya think?

Just make the game playable offline again... Please...
Forum Resident
#3 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 4:14 PM
"Just make the game playable offline again... Please..."

I agree. Even using the EP9/SP9 shortcut still requires origin to run it so I had no choice but to take origin offline to play it. Running sims 2 UC independently I would love to see again.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 6:55 PM
Thanks, Ovenhole, for the response. I agree that an offline-playable game is highly desired.