Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2020 at 8:44 PM
Default Help With Interaction Ages and Relationships?
Hello all! I'm having some difficulty with coding social interactions. I want to restrict certain interactions to just specific family members and sims of specific ages, and I found the codes in other tuning files that I believe would allow me to do that, but I'm clearly not doing it right, because the interactions are still available to all sims. If someone could take a peek at the coding and let me know where I'm erring, that would be fantastic. I have this section at the very end of the interaction tuning file. If you need to see more of the file let me know, I can either post it here or upload it to Mediafire or something. Thanks for reading!

<V t="sim_info">
<U n="sim_info">
<V n="ages" t="specified">
<L n="specified">
<E>CHILD</E>
<E>TEEN</E>
</L>
</V>
<V n="species" t="specified">
<U n="specified">
<L n="species">
<E />
</L>
</U>
</V>
</U>
</V>
<V t="sim_info">
<E n="participant">TargetSim</E>
<U n="sim_info">
<V n="ages" t="specified">
<L n="specified">
<E>CHILD</E>
<E>TEEN</E>
</L>
</V>
<U n="specified">
<L n="species">
<E />
</L>
</U>
</V>
<U n="specified">
<L n="species">
<E />
</L>
</U>
</V>
</U>
</V>
</L>
<E n="participant">Actor</E>
<V t="relationship">
<U n="relationship">
<T n="num_relations">1</T>
<U n="required_relationship_bits">
<L n="match_any">
<T>8824<!--family_stepsibling--></T>
<T>8802<!--family_brother_sister--></T>
</L>
</U>
<L n="Actor"></L>
</U>
</V>
<T n="visible">True</T>
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Nov 2020 at 9:35 PM
Was Zer0 able to help you? Also in the future use the code inserter (looks like # at the top right when you edit your post, next to the other options) so it keeps it's format.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MizoreYukii
Was Zer0 able to help you? Also in the future use the code inserter (looks like # at the top right when you edit your post, next to the other options) so it keeps it's format.

Unfortunately no, their advice didn't quite help me solve the problem (which is definitely my fault and not theirs). Adding the global testing now makes it so the interactions don't show up at all. And thanks, I knew there was a way to preserve formatting, I just couldn't figure it how to do it.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jessienebulous
Unfortunately no, their advice didn't quite help me solve the problem (which is definitely my fault and not theirs). Adding the global testing now makes it so the interactions don't show up at all. And thanks, I knew there was a way to preserve formatting, I just couldn't figure it how to do it.

Majority of tests belong in the TestGlobals so that's correct. Can you send the file?

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon