Replies: 3690 (Who?), Viewed: 123276 times.
Page 148 of 148
Instructor
#3676 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 1:43 PM
This is Magda's beauty salon. An old man came to her and asked her to arrange a new formal outfit for him. She chose a stylish dark tuxedo but the man wasn't delighted. He paid her 1 simolean, took offence and left. You know what man? Just get out with your shit, will you?

#solidaritywithbelarus
#solidarnośćzbiałorusią
#солидарностьсбеларусью
Mad Poster
#3677 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 11:57 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 9th Sep 2020 at 1:10 PM.
With the closing of the Off-Topic section because it was ruined with politics, I guess this is going to force me to get back into Simming.

I haven't played with the Starlight Shores families since I build them. It's like I left a cliffhanger in my save.

Not to mention, the Juuban, Tokyo world is still missing a number of characters I worked on for the world.

Tomorrow and the rest of the week, I guess I could fit some time into playing my games.

I will be away from the computer for a family reunion\birthday on Sunday, so I should spend time with my Sims. I bet they miss their merciful goddess.

PS I tend to personify my creations. And haven't even started on Kanto. I guess my schedule for Wednesday through Saturday is packed!

9/9/2020
In The Tri-State Area (Starlight Shores)

Set up the beds and got Satoshi Sakamoto home. Moved in Apolo Anton Ohno.

Next maneuvers, relationship goals.

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Scholar
#3678 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 7:34 PM
Well, my sim in Starlight Shores just did level up and now gets paid the big money. So far she have two weekly shows in town. Congrats Bonita Q, you made it! No more sing-a-grams for you. I did try to get a friend to move in whit her but have no luck as my game wanted to assign random sims as "roommates". And you can not ask the same sim twice because they get bored. Oh well, I have to try it again. Part of the trouble was that my game was running very bad. I think i found the problem but I'm not sure. There were a bunch of "gnoms" (or what ever the small magic figures are called) on the lot and as they are moving around the game just can not run well). I did put them in my sims inventory and after that the game did run well again. I still don't know where Master Controller do find 19K vehicles to remove every night (the number use to be half as high before) but I don't care.
Lab Assistant
#3679 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 3:39 PM
I have an Origin copy, is it normal to have multiple script errors & HTTPS errors? I remembered there were only HTTPS errors for 1.67.
Scholar
#3680 Old 18th Sep 2020 at 12:40 PM Last edited by Elynda : 18th Sep 2020 at 8:57 PM.
Sometimes things don't quite work out how you planned. I was bored and wanted to get away from story telling for a little and just play, so I started a new save in Sunset Valley. I created a teen witch, named Cathy, and thanks to Master Controller Integration I managed to have her move into number 3 Song Avenue, with the beach close at hand, and no adults about to spoil the fun, since I intended her to get up to some mischief around town. When the welcome wagon arrived it consisted of Agnes Crumplebottom and Connor Frio. Connor spent the entire time chatting to people on his phone (how rude!) so Cathy concentrated on Agnes.

Cathy has the childish trait, and she goofed about and pulled silly faces which Agnes seemed quite charmed by. But she didn't hit it off with Connor at all, in fact (and only partly assisted by me) things eventually came to blows. Cathy won I'm glad to say, which seemed to impress Agnes no end. Before she left she invited Cathy over to her place and I had her accept. WelI I had a sort of idea to begin my campaign of mischief and mayhem by booby trapping her shower and toilet but, well... something changed my mind.

I had Cathy ask to sleep over and Agnes accepted although there was only one bed in the place, so I used Testing Cheats to place one in the nursery. Oh yeah, that sad little nursery with just a crib and a teddy bear sitting there all forlorn: that was what changed my mind. I understand that Agnes had been married to Erik Darling, but he died before they had a chance to start a family. Poor Agnes! Well, I just couldn't bring myself to do anything unkind to her after that, so Cathy was on her best behaviour the whole time. I even finished decorating the nursery because it was giving me the 'unfinished room' moodlet.

Anyway they are now the best of friends and I like to think Cathy will be like the daughter Agnes never had. Call me an old softy if you like, but I can't resist a happy ending.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Lab Assistant
#3681 Old 18th Sep 2020 at 3:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elynda
Call me an old softy if you like, but I can't resist a happy ending.

And when Cathy maxes out her spell casting skill, you can hit Erik's grave with the spell reanimation (which brings him back as a zombie) and immediately follow it with sunlight charm (to cure the zombie moodlet). That will bring him back to life as a fully human sim- though he will be one of the homeless non-service sims and at a 0 relationship with Agnes. That's nothing master controller can't fix though.
Scholar
#3682 Old 18th Sep 2020 at 8:55 PM
Interesting. I think I'll do that, though Cathy has a way to go before she reaches the top of her skill. Thanks for the idea.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Lab Assistant
#3683 Old 18th Sep 2020 at 11:00 PM
I've been pretty much play testing a world I've been working on for eons, and I've been playing through every season. Currently, I am in winter:
Screenshots
Test Subject
#3684 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 1:07 AM
My Sim is currently exploring Al Simla and loving it. I'm using some cool objects from Around the Sims 3 for decor (including snow-globes). She's collecting gems and all and is having the time of her life!
Instructor
#3685 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 12:25 PM
Finally someone appreciated Magda's efforts after years of practice in the profession.

Unfortunately, not everyone is satisfied. Go to hell!

#solidaritywithbelarus
#solidarnośćzbiałorusią
#солидарностьсбеларусью
Space Pony
#3686 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 5:33 PM
Oh, for some reason I thought this was a necro thread! I was wondering if folks would be peeved if I resurrected it. But now I don't know why I thought the last post was in 2018. Maybe I thought I was on the last page but wasn't.

My Gen 6 patron died. He was 102 and overdue, but it was still hard to see him go. He died as he lived -- flirting with his wife. Poor dear.

My Gen 7 patroness still hasn't reproduced, but I think she has finally found her mate -- a mermaid whose face I replaced because it was Face One and I accept only real races in my legacy. She's more interested in sailing and scuba than romance, but I gotta see some Gen 8 soon!

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Space Pony
#3687 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 5:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitala
And when Cathy maxes out her spell casting skill, you can hit Erik's grave with the spell reanimation (which brings him back as a zombie) and immediately follow it with sunlight charm (to cure the zombie moodlet). That will bring him back to life as a fully human sim- though he will be one of the homeless non-service sims and at a 0 relationship with Agnes. That's nothing master controller can't fix though.

This is an awesome idea. It never occurred to me. Though that's partly because I've never managed to max spellcasting. It takes a lot of work. My Gen 7 spare had the magical healer LTW. It took me forever to get him to level 8, and then the actual LTW took about 2 days....

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Scholar
#3688 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 1:10 AM
I used to play Sims constantly but haven't in years. I just started playing Sims 3 again and decided to start playing with a pre-made to get reacquainted with the game (in Sims 3 I usually made my own Sims) but i'm already attached to him! Lol I am playing with Christopher Steel. He already got himself a girlfriend, Monika Morris, who moved in. Chris is a self employed Angler and so far has 2 (out of his LTW of 13) perfect fish. A goldfish named Ariel and a minnow named Fred. Monika is a toddler sports coach right now.
#3689 Old Yesterday at 5:06 AM
Piers just had an alien baby. He named her Roxie after his Unovan rock star friend (I...don't think they know each other in canon but I don't care).
Test Subject
#3690 Old Yesterday at 11:01 AM
Haven't played ts3 in years, but my urge to do it got reignited after having YouTube push Pleasant Sims Pleasantview play series as recommended to me, and I am glad I began watching it out of curiosity. Otherwise I wouldn't have picked the game up again. So after reinstalling ts3 and then spending somewhat of 2 days setting it up to actually be able to run as smoothly and efficiently as possible (add tweaking NRaas +other mods to that list too), I finally got to play some.
Started with the Goth family in Sunset Valley, and got totally surprised by Gunther and Cornelia having twins. A boy and a girl. I'm also playing the Bachelor household a little and do intend to stick to the "history" of having Bella and Mortimer get married further ahead. I'm currently playing primarily observational, getting to know their wants and wishes a little bit better, before I begin meddling with their faiths.
Test Subject
#3691 Old Yesterday at 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonerbum
I have an Origin copy, is it normal to have multiple script errors & HTTPS errors? I remembered there were only HTTPS errors for 1.67.

Hey, I recently reinstalled this game and I can only recommend following this guide for bugfixing and performance as you'll otherwise risk running into serious issues very quickly. Ts3 wasn't exactly famous for being well optimized, and running into errors and corruption of save files were very common. And still is, unless you spend some time setting the game up properly. It is quite a long list to work through, so it can feel like a daunting task. However, it is well worth time spent.

The above guide recommends a save cleaner which did not work for me (I run Windows 10), however I found a working save cleaner program on this forum. Save Cleaner v1.1 by Kuree link here and that one runs flawlessly for me. Having your saves cleaned will reduce the size of your save file with about 30-60%. Which is huge! And this do reduce the chance of corruption a lot, but it also reduce the load time of your game. By a lot.
Also, after playing your neighborhood for about a weeks worth of time I'd recommend you reset your entire neighborhood. This will stop sims in your neighborhood from getting stuck in places or in actions they can't get out of, and by that, reduce the risk of your save ending up becoming corrupted. You'll do this with the NRaas Mastercontroller mod (the guide I linked will take you through all necessary mods): NRaas -> MC -> Town -> Reset Everything. Do save your game before running this operation (just in case) and then let the mod do its job.

As for saving. I personally always save my games with this type of system "[insert whatever you want to name your save file] v1.0" and for each time I save I change the number. For example, v1.1, v1.2 etc. This way if I run into something which breaks the game, I can go back to a previous save and avoid doing/or fix whatever it was that I did that ended up with a broken game. I continuously delete older save files as I progress through the game tho. I keep like the previously 5 versions, and delete the older ones.
Page 148 of 148