Replies: 9014 (Who?), Viewed: 795994 times.
Page 361 of 361
Forum Resident
#9001 Old 20th Jun 2020 at 12:26 PM
Are you wanting to take a single family on vacation?
Move a single family to a new world?
Move the entire town to a new world?

For vacationing I would suggest you get Traveler from NRass.
https://www.nraas.net/community/Mods-List
Helps track errors and allows you to vacation in any world.

For moving sims I use Porter from NRass .
https://www.nraas.net/community/Porter-FAQ
This can move a single family, a couple households, or your whole town, If your town isn't monster sized. It does have limits and can error 12 you if you try to go to big.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Follow Friendly
Mad Poster
#9002 Old 20th Jun 2020 at 2:25 PM
I want to move myself (not any family) to another world screen.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#9003 Old 20th Jun 2020 at 2:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I want to move myself (not any family) to another world screen.

If you are using NRaas Traveler, you can transition active gameplay to a different world. This is done by traveling "with no one on board," set up a trip for one sim as you usually would but shift them to the left side of the travel selection screen so that there is no one left on the right side. The household you are using for this purpose must have enough in funds to afford the trip at the price quoted, but with no one traveling they won't really be charged anything. When the next world loads up, you will be asked which household you would like to play. When you are done, transition back to the original world in the same manner. Is this what you had in mind?
Alchemist
#9004 Old 20th Jun 2020 at 3:39 PM
  1. Does anyone know why the front desk in unowned resorts are always empty? My Sims can never check in to any resorts.
  2. Does anyone know why my Sims can't click TV at all? In my observation, it only happens if Sim is a nerd, the first day after reloading the game I can still interact with TV, but the next day I can no longer interact with it. Children can still use it in the meantime.

Just call me Nikel
Mad Poster
#9005 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
If you are using NRaas Traveler, you can transition active gameplay to a different world. This is done by traveling "with no one on board," set up a trip for one sim as you usually would but shift them to the left side of the travel selection screen so that there is no one left on the right side. The household you are using for this purpose must have enough in funds to afford the trip at the price quoted, but with no one traveling they won't really be charged anything. When the next world loads up, you will be asked which household you would like to play. When you are done, transition back to the original world in the same manner. Is this what you had in mind?

Seems like it worked. Thanks!

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#9006 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 9:11 AM
https://youtu.be/F_pqt1rnp6k

Started on a new playthrough with a semi-new household and I was filming the proceedings in windowed mode because apparently that's how you make it look normal instead of super dark like in full screen mode from my past recordings. But it still looks like utter crap! Why is the recording so fuzzy?
Forum Resident
#9007 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackjackGabbiani
https://youtu.be/F_pqt1rnp6k

Started on a new playthrough with a semi-new household and I was filming the proceedings in windowed mode because apparently that's how you make it look normal instead of super dark like in full screen mode from my past recordings. But it still looks like utter crap! Why is the recording so fuzzy?

If you go into your Options menu you will find the Video Capture settings. It's the tab with the movie camera on it. Make sure it's set to the highest levels.

Edit: Scratch that . You aren't using the in game capture I realized.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Follow Friendly
Forum Resident
#9008 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 10:51 PM
Right, I'm using xSplit.
Forum Resident
#9009 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 11:45 AM
I don't know anything about xSplit, but I was able to find this.
I would try adjusting your settings.

https://www.xsplit.com/gamecaster/f...-it-look-better

Follow Friendly
Forum Resident
#9010 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 10:01 AM
It seems to have fixed itself...somehow...idk what happened. Thanks for the help even with that!
Forum Resident
#9011 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 3:44 PM
Has anyone ever had a problem where your apartments aren't charging rent? They allow my sims to move in normally w/o purchasing the property, but they never charge them rent. Then if I move the sims out it give them the funds to cover the cost of the entire building and all its items.

I have tried switching the lots to other types and then switching them back, but nothing changes.
They are all displaying the correct apartment icon also.

Follow Friendly
Mad Poster
#9012 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 4:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderPrincessK
Has anyone ever had a problem where your apartments aren't charging rent? They allow my sims to move in normally w/o purchasing the property, but they never charge them rent.

Under EA Standard, actively played sims do not pay rent as they always own their residential lots or at least the portions that are meant to be their living space. All the Apartment lot type as seen in Edit Town does is switch on the town's roommate service for up to 7 NPC rooomates to show up, share your living space, and pay you rent (I think). It's really the homeworld equivalent of a dormitory.

Are you maybe using an apartment mod and, if so, which one? There's Ani's (most recent version is at NRaas) and then there's pjsutton's mod , but the two handle things differently from each other and should never be used together.
Forum Resident
#9013 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 5:24 PM
No mod for apartments in my game. Maybe I did at some point in time and that's why I'm thinking they actually function differently than they do. I'll have to take a look at them and see if I want to add one to my game. Thanks

Follow Friendly
Instructor
#9014 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 5:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderPrincessK
No mod for apartments in my game. Maybe I did at some point in time and that's why I'm thinking they actually function differently than they do. I'll have to take a look at them and see if I want to add one to my game. Thanks

I haven't used Ani's, despite having several of her other mods in my game. But I have tried pjsutton's mod and personally enjoy that one immensely. It feels very seamless, and accounts for playing as both an occupant and landlord. It does require a bit more setup (it requires NRaas Story Progression and its Money optional module for the purpose of being able to purchase rental properties. You'll also need to change the Rent Multiple to 0 in NSP Money's options like it says in pj's description, otherwise your tenants will be charged twice.) Other than that, I can attest that it's a fantastic mod.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Forum Resident
#9015 Old Yesterday at 6:46 AM
I must have had pjsutton's in my game years ago, before the landlord additions. I think I'll give it a try again.

Follow Friendly
Page 361 of 361