Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Marriage: Last Name Chooser [FIXED 2008-10-26]

by Marhis Posted 11th Mar 2007 at 3:28 PM - Updated 16th Mar 2009 at 12:41 PM by Marhis : Reuploaded BV-FT version

295 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 256 Feedback Posts, 38 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 12
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 2:49 AM
i like this.
Field Researcher
#77 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 8:23 PM
Hey, great idea!! This will come in handy
Forum Resident
#78 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 8:51 PM
Nothing I can say that hasn't been said, but I wanted to add my cent-and-a-half.
A truely excellent mod! Certainly deserves a Feature! I've never really thought about it, since most of my married sims end up being members of the same family (eww- not like that!) and their names don't change. But this opens up a whole new realm of possibilities for me. Thank you very much!

Always,
Emma
Test Subject
#79 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 9:05 PM
A family name, surname, or last name is the part of a person's name that indicates to what family he or she belongs. Until the 12th century, most people throughout the world did not use or have a family name, and they were called by the single name they had (which was called a "first" or "given name" only after family names came into use).

I'm not an expert, but I always saw it as a beautiful thing where the bride gives her whole future to the man she loves. A man in the older times, was much more independant of their family back then, and woman always were close to their family until they find the one they love. I do love this hack though. It's helpful when you have a famous sim that wants to marry someone out a family they hate, or if a grown up from an orphanage wants to marry someone.. OR if you forget the active sim rule.
Test Subject
#80 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 6:26 AM
Thank you so much! I've been waiting for this for a long time.
Test Subject
#81 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 6:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pookele
But whichever Sim is the one who "makes the call to the arch" - in other words, whoever is highlighted when you click the arch and invoke "get married/joined" - that's the Sim whose last name is taken.

So just be careful who you're currently playing when you click the arch.

Why did we need a hack for this?

I have only known you to take the last name of whoever is the main household owner. So if you live on the Johnson lot, you get the last name Johnson no matter who clicks the arch. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Beautiful mod! Thank you
Test Subject
#82 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 4:56 PM
Oh shi*, I've just always needed this, thank³ you³ !!
Scholar
#83 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 2:08 AM
Thank yooou!! This is so cool! I can now hyphenate my sims name like I did mine!
To a question that I saw earlier..., my children have their daddy's last name, as they should; they came from a joined union, it was easier to keep my last name for business purposes. Besides, I like my last name, and amazingly, so does hubby!

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Instructor
#84 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 6:55 AM
Great! I've been trying to solve this problem for months since the bride's house is a big mansion compared to the groom's who's house is so small and I had to move him out to the bride's house. Great work!

Anybody who can make a Yoon Eun Hye Sim?
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 10:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Necktie
Good question. You mean what would happen if both parents kept their own last names, right? I'd kind of assume it'd go with whichever surname is used as the household name.

Either way, this is great. Hard to believe EA didn't do this on their own.

i think that the child would take the mothers name
Test Subject
#86 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 12:55 PM
Very very much thanks
Im looking for that
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 2:32 PM
Great! I hate when the wife loses her surname, that's proper of Anglosaxon cultures but not mine: in Spain, women retain their own surname and their children inherit it together with father's. This hack is really useful for me.

Thanks!

Dr. Cameron: Men should grow up.
Dr. Gregory House: Yeah. And dogs should stop licking themselves. It's not gonna happen.
Test Subject
#88 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 4:17 PM
"Why did we need a hack for this?"

This is very useful when I try to satisfy the "marry a rich sim"-want. Anyone who tried to do this too and had one sim with a ridiculous last name will tell you we need it^^
Scholar
#89 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 6:39 PM
This is fantastic! Thanks so much for this, it will definately be very useful when getting married. Congrats on the feature and keep up the great work! :D
Test Subject
#90 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 8:53 PM
Thanks! I was sick of having the girl call the boy to the arch and him taking her last name..it annoyed me. This will definately come in handy since I hardly ever have my sims move in together before they get married..so the one who owns the house always keeps their name..now I can change that..thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 11:58 PM
It's very different from most downloads you can find here! (I mean this in a good way)

SONIC AND TOKYO MEW MEW ARE THE BEST ANIMES EVAH!
Theorist
#92 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 1:27 AM
Excellent..thanks..the names glitch bugs me A LOT!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Instructor
#93 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 1:55 AM
Man, I wish I'd had this back when Sarah Price and Robert Landry had gotten married... Huge Thanks to you and J.M. Pescado...

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 6:13 AM
Thanks a lot, this is helpful.
Test Subject
#95 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 12:02 PM
thank you for this hack This will be very usefull to let my females get married with townies :D
Test Subject
#96 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 12:21 PM
Good one Will be very useful
Test Subject
#97 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 9:09 PM
Wondered when something like this would come along. I hate always having the girls last name. Sometimes she wants to be a mrs whoever his name is ^.^
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 8:04 AM
Love it ! i got it ages ago before it was featured ! Good job on gettin featured mate?

Alastair :)
Test Subject
#99 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 8:24 AM
Thankee! I didn't quite get the importance of this hack at first, but now I see it's very useful.

One question (Nothing to do with anything at all, it just popped into my head) There's a StretchSkeleton cheat I'd been dying to try out for yonks, and eventually did. But to my horror, nothing happened. Same old boring height. I want tall people! I was just wondering if there was any other factor I was missing out on?
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 6:32 PM
Thanks! Now I can keep things traditional by having Sims keep the male surname and not always having to do it on a male lot as a result!
Page 4 of 12