Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#251 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 5:23 PM
Phae, only empty Pleasantview houses. Planning on doing 2 more cycles for the other basegame hoods
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#252 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 5:54 PM
Default Round 1
The Gardener Family: Rose loves plants. She is happy and easy going. Not too concerned with material things, she's happy as long as she's surrounded with flowers. Budget: 40,000 ......
In my head she is an artist who likes crafts and painting. She'a also a wicked awesome cook who likes to get cozy with a book.Cutting it close at 39,999 LOL

Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#253 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 9:04 PM
Shaundak21, wcif your bathroom slatted door and your bathtub?
Instructor
#254 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 9:07 PM
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#255 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 10:26 PM
So, jones, rule question. If I delete some walls and a door happened to have been in one of them, do I loose points for changing the walls and changing doors, or just for changing walls? And do I loose all 5 points if I only delete and not replace? Cuz I'm thinking demo isn't as hard as rebuilding something new.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#256 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jones7659
I suppose the first one technically isn't a front view. But I could clearly see the front

Whose, mine or Lipe’s? I had a shot further out showing the tree but then you can hardly see the garden beds. I can swap them around if you need the other. 8 picture limit is hard.
Hope adding that patio cover was okay? It comes under decorative in buy mode.

Quote: Originally posted by lipe2k
That's because you closed it with [spoiler/]. The slash comes first [/ spoiler]

Thanks, I’m too used to just using a spoiler button-but they don’t have one here.

Quote: Originally posted by MimiSim
joandsarah77, I love your version of 30 lakeside drive. Could you please upload it somewhere? I have a couple sims in pleasantview in need of a bachelor pad, and this house is perfect.
PS: Good luck with the challenge!

Sure, I can upload it to my Live journal with a link in my journal here.
Thanks.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#257 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 11:58 PM
I had a rough time taking pics of the bathrooms because the condo is so small. The rooms are anyway. MTS says leave the walls up and the roof on so how do you get a good pic? I plan on changing my entry a bit.

I still have money left. Thanks Jones for allowing this. I was going for a fairytale type look but I don't know if I accomplished this or not. I normally do different things when I decorate a house not on a budget. And there are never children in the home in the beginning. lol

I think I did much better using the cameraman mode and fraps this time though. No red anywhere. I also used the no red mod that was on one of the first pages of this thread. If others do not want red anywhere on their pics, I suggest this mod.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#258 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 12:52 AM Last edited by jones7659 : 14th Oct 2012 at 3:02 AM.
joandsarah, sorry should have clarified, I was replying to lipe2k.

Phae, You wouldn't lose a point for the door, because clearly if there's no wall, no door. And I've decided, 2 pts for wall demo, 3 pts for walls added, inside. Any changes to exterior walls would automatically lose all 5 (cause that would be pretty major, then you get into roof issues too, lol, so I think no one would even bother to sacrifice points for that) But you are right, just knocking out a wall and then "cleaning up" the edges would be a lot cheaper and easier IRL than adding new.
#260 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 4:26 AM
These makeovers are spectacular! I've finished mine, but I might jump back into the game for some better pics first (and I've gotta study Jones' tutorial to figure out how to get them in-line too, haha)

I just wanted to post, before I completely forget, that I solved the mystery of the clock. So Phaenoh you can get it here (It's part of a big set, but everything in it is beautiful!):

http://www.blackpearlsims.com/downl...do=file&id=6475

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Lab Assistant
#261 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 4:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Shaundak21, wcif your bathroom slatted door and your bathtub?

RowenaLupin was fast with the tub

The door Name is "Don't Close Me" door created by Nofrills @ www.sims2code.hk but that site is no longer up. :0(
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#263 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 5:03 AM
Boy, I'm doing my play along redo right now, and that stair placement is just nonsense! Especially if you don't want modern stairs. Thank goodness for HL's open stairs!! What a great gift you've given us :D
Lab Assistant
#264 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
You can get the whole "Don't Close Me" set by nofrills, along with closed versions by me, at my site.

http://sims2artists.com/index.php?topic=3966.0

I love your creations! Thank you for sharing!!! I just started out making cosmetics for sims 2. I have been diligent in my studies and will use my products in game and then when I am satisfied with them, I will release them for others to use. I'm just beginning. I use to do web pages in the beginning of the internet coded all by hand and now with lupus, I forget the things I learned. Wish me luck.
Lab Assistant
#265 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 5:17 AM
Omg can I join? I'm good with redecorating kinda suck at taking pics though...but I'll try!

Call me Britt, an amateur ToTer
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#266 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 5:21 AM
Sorry, NiallHoranIsMine, but we are full and the application round is over. But feel free to follow along and redo the houses anyway You wont have to worry about pics that way either
#267 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 6:30 AM
If you place your pics into a thread via a hosting site, are they supposed to show up as attachments in the 'attachments' tab when you edit?

I figured I'd revisit my post in the "How To Post Pics" thread, my picture is still there but nothing was listed under the attachments. I went ahead and attached a picture straight from my computer, and successfully got it to show up in-line at the bottom, but the pic itself didn't show up in the post (got the evil square saying the image was unavailable).

I'm so royally confused, lol. Definitely understand how to C&P to get the pic in-line, but I don't understand how to make pics visible in the post AND at the bottom.

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#268 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 6:36 AM
No, they wont show up as attachments if they are just from a hosting site. Only an attachment if they are uploaded. You may just need to refresh if you're getting that "no image" icon. Sometimes I get that too but refreshing helps. You could always just attach them so they are at the bottom. And then put them in the post the same way you always have
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#269 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 7:43 AM
HugeLunatic, can I ask where the small square modern windows came from? I went window hunting but couldn't find any that weren’t TSR.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
#270 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 7:52 AM Last edited by GlorianaGlowbee : 14th Oct 2012 at 8:18 AM.
Alrighty, gonna give this the old college try.

I picked The Jones Family for my makeover. Please forgive the fugly appearance of the build console in the top-down pics, I wanted to get a shot of the lot value in there without a separate crop. Couldn't find a way to snap the pic with the value window open sans console.

This is my ode to Steve:

Instructor
#271 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 8:12 AM
Beautiful Gloriana! Where did you find the kitchen stuff and bar with their names on it? Like the trash-compactor and dishwasher?
#272 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 10:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RowenaLupin
Beautiful Gloriana! Where did you find the kitchen stuff and bar with their names on it? Like the trash-compactor and dishwasher?

Thank you so much, Rowena!

Kitchen stuff came from here: http://sims2.aroundthesims3.com/obj.../011/index.html

Bar and console table w/ basket underneath (I love the candle that's in this set, it gives off a beautiful glow in-game): http://sims2.aroundthesims3.com/obj.../010/index.html

There's also a nursery and outdoor set with items that match the rest:

http://sims2.aroundthesims3.com/obj.../006/index.html

http://sims2.aroundthesims3.com/obj.../007/index.html

They have a ton of beautiful things there, you might wind up going on a CC binge if you've never been there before, lol.

EDIT: I think you might have to download the English inscription package on the kitchen page in order for the names to show up on the items in-game.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#273 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 3:22 PM
Lab Assistant
#274 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 5:53 PM
Thank you to everyone so willing to share where they have found all of their beautiful CC!! My homes seem to lack something in this challenge and I am in hopes they won't for long. We shall see. @HL Your creations stand on their own and I love them. Thank you! I hope everyone is having fun with this and will sign up for the next two contests to be held in Veronaville and Strange Town.
Field Researcher
#275 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 7:31 PM Last edited by xXxDayDreamerxXx : 14th Oct 2012 at 9:52 PM.
Default My House- Task 1- Mason Family
This is for the Mason family!

Page 11 of 45