Replies: 28946 (Who?), Viewed: 809179 times.
Page 1105 of 1158
Mad Poster
#27601 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 5:38 PM
Not unless very specific circumstances exist.

If you install a neighborhood with all your stealth hoods renamed so that they don't activate, if you ever load that neighborhood with any active stealth hoods (Say you turned some back on to make a neighborhood consisting of the Pleasantview townies and the Family Bin sims or something like that, and forgot to go back and rename the templates again), the game will realize "Hey, here's some stealth hoods that this neighborhood doesn't have; let's attach 'em!" But that's any time you load the game like that; adding a new shopping district with the custom tool doesn't trigger any special stealth templates on its own.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#27602 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 5:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
Not unless very specific circumstances exist.

If you install a neighborhood with all your stealth hoods renamed so that they don't activate, if you ever load that neighborhood with any active stealth hoods (Say you turned some back on to make a neighborhood consisting of the Pleasantview townies and the Family Bin sims or something like that, and forgot to go back and rename the templates again), the game will realize "Hey, here's some stealth hoods that this neighborhood doesn't have; let's attach 'em!" But that's any time you load the game like that; adding a new shopping district with the custom tool doesn't trigger any special stealth templates on its own.


Thank you. I placed the stealth hood families already. So it shouldn't make any more then...
I don't need any more townies and if for some odd reason I decide otherwise I can make them myself.

My Simblr
They/He
Top Secret Researcher
#27603 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 4:14 AM
I'm going to have Sims that graduate from Uni get a house together, but not one they can afford on any of their own (I have no $20k handout) and they graduate one by one. Is there any way to do this besides plopping down a lot just for the sake of merging them all together then moving them out of said lot together?

My Simblr
They/He
Theorist
#27604 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 4:18 AM
One of the hacks in Lamare's YA maternity hack allows graduated adults to continue living on campus with their friends until they are all ready to go back to the main hood, and then you can move them out all together, in one family with all the money. You don't have to actually get the hacks that enable YA pregnancy to get that.
Scholar
#27605 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 4:27 AM
One option would be Inge's Mortgage Shrubs. You can use them to reduce the initial value of the lot so that the first graduate can move in, then pay them off as the others arrive. http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...2_Mortgages.htm

Or you could plop the first graduate down in an empty lot and use Cyjon's Loan Jar to borrow whatever they need, then move them to the shared house and, again, pay off the loan as the others move in. http://cyjon.net/node/147

The mortgage shrubs will charge interest, at $10 per day for the $1000 loan and $100 per day for the $10,000 loan. With the Loan Jar, you can select an interest rate between 1% and 9%. You also have the option of deleting the jar with the loan unpaid.
Top Secret Researcher
#27606 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 4:35 AM
Thanks. I'll probably just do it the long way. It's not a big deal I was just wondering if there was another way. If it becomes annoying i'll download one of those.

My Simblr
They/He
Scholar
DELETED POST
15th Jul 2021 at 12:24 PM
This message has been deleted by Bubblebeam.
Top Secret Researcher
#27607 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 1:49 AM
I try to send my ALL my sims to a community lot at the same time and sometimes they aren't patient enough for one reason or another and leave some sims home! Meaning I send the ones that did leave right back home to collect the ones they left. Is there a mod to fix this problem?

My Simblr
They/He
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#27608 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 3:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedjr89
I try to send my ALL my sims to a community lot at the same time and sometimes they aren't patient enough for one reason or another and leave some sims home! Meaning I send the ones that did leave right back home to collect the ones they left. Is there a mod to fix this problem?


Make sure to cancel out previous actions so they are free to leave.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#27609 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 3:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
Make sure to cancel out previous actions so they are free to leave.


I do that. Then they get impatient waiting for everyone sometimes and they either leave them or the sim decides "screw it, i'm staying here, this is taking too long". Maybe i'll just have to get them all on the sidewalk together and THEN tell them to leave.

Edit: Maybe I should mention i'm in Uni and YA sims take forever to walk anywhere. I do cancel whatever they are doing.

My Simblr
They/He
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#27610 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 3:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedjr89
I do that. Then they get impatient waiting for everyone sometimes and they either leave them or the sim decides "screw it, i'm staying here, this is taking too long". Maybe i'll just have to get them all on the sidewalk together and THEN tell them to leave.

Edit: Maybe I should mention I'm in Uni and YA sims take forever to walk anywhere. I do cancel whatever they are doing.


I always tell them to stop what they are doing and to walk outside, I generally find that is enough.
I also have the lazy walk modded out. Gets on my nerves.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#27611 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 4:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
I always tell them to stop what they are doing and to walk outside, I generally find that is enough.
I also have the lazy walk modded out. Gets on my nerves.


Maybe the lazy walk is causing the issue. I don't recall ever having this problem with non-YA's.

My Simblr
They/He
Field Researcher
#27612 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 6:30 PM
Question - How do you play SCIA sims?

I've got a compound downtown, where SCIA sims have to go half the time (they are given the prisoner tokens so that they can't show up elsewhere when they are on a mission).
I've got some vampires who intentionally make other Sims vampires, and my SCIA sims have to befriend them and try to cure them.
They also have the poison mod, so if there is someone who needs to be eliminated, they have that option as well.

Trying to figure out what other aspects I can add to the game play of my SCIA sims - what do you do? what are your ideas?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#27613 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coriel_Muroz
Question - How do you play SCIA sims?

I've got a compound downtown, where SCIA sims have to go half the time (they are given the prisoner tokens so that they can't show up elsewhere when they are on a mission).
I've got some vampires who intentionally make other Sims vampires, and my SCIA sims have to befriend them and try to cure them.
They also have the poison mod, so if there is someone who needs to be eliminated, they have that option as well.

Trying to figure out what other aspects I can add to the game play of my SCIA sims - what do you do? what are your ideas?


That sounds cool. I've never played SCIA sims. That is spys? Right? I guess I would make them witches to give them abilities and I would make an opposing family for them to hunt? Honestly not sure what the SCIA does. Googling that here gets me Spinal Cord Injuries Australia- which I know is not it!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#27614 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 1:55 AM
It's supposed to be "Sim CIA".
Alchemist
#27615 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 2:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Is this neighbourhood safe to use if the Hoodchecker is run on it like it says, or would you need to do more to make it safe?

https://modthesims.info/d/282434/or...d-30th-may.html


Did you get this answered? I like revitalizing old creations, so I'm going to clean this hood. It's a bit messy because it was made from a Pleasantview with the regular content deleted. Will let you know the result if you are interested.
Theorist
#27616 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 3:24 AM
As far as I know, Hoodchecker cannot actually fix real corruption. If it could, corruption wouldn't be an issue, you could delete as many sims as you liked and then run Hoodchecker and fix everything. That doesn't mean you can't install that neighborhood and play it, if you want to. It's probably not going to become unplayable immediately, and it's not like it can infect your other neighborhoods with corruption.
Alchemist
#27617 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 4:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrellyn
As far as I know, Hoodchecker cannot actually fix real corruption. If it could, corruption wouldn't be an issue, you could delete as many sims as you liked and then run Hoodchecker and fix everything. That doesn't mean you can't install that neighborhood and play it, if you want to. It's probably not going to become unplayable immediately, and it's not like it can infect your other neighborhoods with corruption.


It's full of references left over from Pleasantview. No, Hoodchecker alone is not enough, but since this is supposed to be an empty hood, it is easy to clean it.
Theorist
#27618 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 4:47 AM
True, if there are not supposed to be any sims at all in it, it probably doesn't hurt anything to just remove all of the remainders of the ones that were deleted. But I wonder if it wouldn't be easier to just package all of the lots in that neighborhood and recreate it from scratch, since we now have easy ways to create a neighborhood with zero sims in the first place.
Field Researcher
#27619 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 6:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
That sounds cool. I've never played SCIA sims. That is spys? Right? I guess I would make them witches to give them abilities and I would make an opposing family for them to hunt? Honestly not sure what the SCIA does. Googling that here gets me Spinal Cord Injuries Australia- which I know is not it!


Hmmm. Interesting. Perhaps I will make them witches and have them oppose the vampires.
It is spies - like sim CIA.
Alchemist
#27620 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 6:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrellyn
True, if there are not supposed to be any sims at all in it, it probably doesn't hurt anything to just remove all of the remainders of the ones that were deleted. But I wonder if it wouldn't be easier to just package all of the lots in that neighborhood and recreate it from scratch, since we now have easy ways to create a neighborhood with zero sims in the first place.


In a sense, that is it, but it is even easier. You create a new empty hood in a clean game environment, then use SimPE and HoodReplace to copy terrain, deco, and lots, leaving behind all the sim references and debris. I also check it for super hug bug and clean the lots with LotCompressor. I've already done it. It's pristine now and, as a bonus, now we can make a subhood version, too. @Charity, if you still want it, I can pass it along to you now.
Mad Poster
#27621 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrader
In a sense, that is it, but it is even easier. You create a new empty hood in a clean game environment, then use SimPE and HoodReplace to copy terrain, deco, and lots, leaving behind all the sim references and debris. I also check it for super hug bug and clean the lots with LotCompressor. I've already done it. It's pristine now and, as a bonus, now we can make a subhood version, too. @Charity, if you still want it, I can pass it along to you now.


That would be great, thanks! You could offer it up in the original thread too.
Mad Poster
#27622 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 2:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedjr89
I try to send my ALL my sims to a community lot at the same time and sometimes they aren't patient enough for one reason or another and leave some sims home! Meaning I send the ones that did leave right back home to collect the ones they left. Is there a mod to fix this problem?
A good few years ago Andrew and Julian were on an outing together, visiting various venues in Veronaville Mews, a row of 1x1 lots by Mootilda in the Via Commericiale. They were leaving the Coffee House and going on to the Night Spot next door. I don't have BV, so I don't have Walk to Community Lot. So Andrew and Julian were having to use taxis, even if they were just going to the next door lot. Well, Julian phoned for a taxi, and, when it came, got into it. Andrew (who was not controllable) was doing something that he considered important -- I think he was talking to another Sim on the pavement (sidewalk). Eventually the taxi driver got fed up waiting, and the taxi drove off with Julian inside it, leaving Andrew on the pavement looking shocked.

Now a nightclub isn't much fun without your boyfriend, so Julian took a taxi back to the Coffee House to see if Andrew was still there. Of course Andrew had gone, so Julian just took another taxi home. They must have picked up Andrew somewhere on the way home, because, when the taxi arrived back at Julian's house, Andrew was sitting in the taxi beside him.

Oh I do love this game for giving me unforgettable memories! The highlight was Andrew's shocked face when the taxi drove off without him.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#27623 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 4:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedjr89
I try to send my ALL my sims to a community lot at the same time and sometimes they aren't patient enough for one reason or another and leave some sims home! Meaning I send the ones that did leave right back home to collect the ones they left. Is there a mod to fix this problem?


I get them all on the pavement near the postal box before sending them off - it seems to work, especially for the 6 students in my dorm - takes a bit of extra time, but worth it in the end.
Top Secret Researcher
#27624 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 5:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justpetro
I get them all on the pavement near the postal box before sending them off - it seems to work, especially for the 6 students in my dorm - takes a bit of extra time, but worth it in the end.


That's what i'm going to start doing .

My Simblr
They/He
Mad Poster
#27625 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 9:12 PM
Am I right in thinking that if the game crashes with the testingcheats on, and there's no real error message, just "the Sims 2 has crashed," that the problem is more likely to be a computer problem than a game problem?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 1105 of 1158
Back to top