Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2017 at 11:27 PM Last edited by lloyd118 : 28th May 2017 at 4:15 PM.
Default Bridges (Solved)
I am building a world with a bridge that's over water, I have tested the world, they can go over the bridge fine but if you click to tell them to actually go on the bridge they cant go on it, is this normal? I don't think it is as in france in WA they can walk on the bridge as well :L There isn't many tutorials on bridges so i thought I'll ask on here.
thanks
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th May 2017 at 12:29 AM
Thought showing routing might help
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 26th May 2017 at 6:50 PM
Try changiong the shape of the river bed a little, so that the road route spline (the cyan coloured line in the centre of the road) does not dip beneath the ground.

There are lots of fiddly nuances that can cause route failing with bridges, take a look here for more detail:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...530#post3784530
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 26th May 2017 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lloyd118
Thought showing routing might help

In the second photo, the roads aren't connected to the bridge. You can tell by the dark blue squares on the ends of the roads.

Use the pointer to select the road, and then the Move to jiggle them to connect to the bridge. They turn light blue when connected to the bridge.

I hope I have the colors right...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th May 2017 at 8:15 PM
Thanks for your help guys, i decided not to use a bridge in then end and just make one up