Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2022 at 11:06 PM
Default HELP! Frikken Chunk Lines driving me nuts
So been working a world for what feels like forever and after more than a few "restarts", I'm finally getting to the "lets make it pretty part" when I hit a speed bump.

My chunk boundaries appear to be showing through in EIG and I'm all out of ideas of what else to try. I have flattened and smoothed, imported and exported both resources and textures, cleaned global layers, removed ALL lots and still the damn things are showing through. World cache files have been cleared and looked at so many threads/tutorials, and tried (as best as I could) to follow the suggestions of others to get these stupid damn lines to go away - and now not only is the original one showing through, but now more are starting to show as well - coz you know misery likes company I even went as far as removing the textures around one of the most prominent lines to see if it would help, no bueno

I cant loose this world AGAIN - its more than sentimental in ways too difficult to explain and don't have the strength to start YET AGAIN but refusing to give up on it... My technical know how is OK, not expert level but enough to get by so reaching out to the World Builders out there for some EXPERT GUIDENCE/ADVICE/Try this - something to help me get rid of these line

I know the lines don't effect game play as such, but they are frikken driving me crazy cause they make the world I am building look "sloppy" and control/OCD freaks like me don't like sloppy

Any and ALL help would be greatly appreciated
Screenshots
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Mar 2022 at 11:27 PM
backup your CAW userdata and try some of the things mentioned here:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=578805
Is this showing in-game too, or just in CAW/ EIG?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Mar 2022 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Backup your CAW userdata and try some of the things mentioned here:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=578805
Is this showing in-game too, or just in CAW/ EIG?

Thanks Simsample, appreciate the reply

Unfortunately it is showing in game as well - not as prevalent as in EIG / CAW, but 2 particular lines are showing through enough to be annoying
I have tried deleting the texture maps (found this thread and was carefully following this one - https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=478610) and then re-importing. Also tried clearing the caches more than once (was my first knee jerk reaction funny enough) and eventually ended up deleting the _KEY resource - still these white/dashed / dotted annoying lines came through but I think I re-imported a texture map where the error first happened (which could be anywhere in the last 3 months). Resorting myself to one last option: clear the paint job completely - test. Re-load all resources (again) - test, and then re-paint the damn world so as not to loose everything else and hopefully not repeat the error (yay 3 more months of painting... )

Thanks for the help/suggestions - sometimes it just is what it is ;o)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Mar 2022 at 12:14 PM
What I always do is to apply the texture paints on seperate layers- that way you can export the greyscale for each texture, and recreate them pretty well if you need to start again. If you didn't do this then I think your textures would all be on one layer, so you might not have much success. I hope you can get it all fixed, this is a real pain!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Mar 2022 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
What I always do is to apply the texture paints on separate layers- that way you can export the greyscale for each texture, and recreate them pretty well if you need to start again. If you didn't do this then I think your textures would all be on one layer, so you might not have much success. I hope you can get it all fixed, this is a real pain!

Hey simsample

Initially did apply on separate layers specifically so that if I needed to export the greyscales (i call them heatmaps in my head) it could be done - may have on occasion forgotten to tick a certain tick box and this may have led to the lines , but this was actually the first thing I tried (export and re-import) when the lines became prominent on multiple chunks. After the export and import - lines were still there , so no joy.
A real pain at this late stage in a world doesn't begin to explain - not a happy camper but aint gonna give up on this world either - but kinda resolved to the fact that next few months/weeks may be spent painting instead of building...

Thanks again for trying to help