Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#76 Old 11th Jun 2022 at 12:21 AM
There is another place to find the Retailsims objects and it's HERE and under downloads,Sims2 and in the retailsims section under the labelled folder link.The other link also has the same item and I downloaded from both links to test them.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#77 Old 24th Jun 2022 at 12:41 AM
I kinda wish my original 12-paragraph post on the topic of "University: What Would You Do Differently" had generated as much discussion as the whole 'doctor' controversy.

No, most MDs do not possess doctorates in the US. MD is a graduate-level, professional degree, not a doctorate. A medical doctor with a research doctorate would be an MD-PhD. Doctorates cannot practice medicine without their MD.

Back to the main topic... I get why they didn't do up the drinking aspect of the game -- gotta maintain that T rating! And while several modders have attempted to add some depth to the adult beverages theme, i find them mostly superficial, disjointed and not well-conceived. Sometimes there's just a bunch of negative consequences, or just pushes to flirt... but these pushes aren't very randomized. Everybody lining up to propose marriage to the oldest playable sim on the lot is dull. Maybe the drunk sim should be pushed to "scope room" and then target the sim they find most attractive? Sitting on the floor and playing with your lip is alright, but constantly? It gets old without some variety. What about using the game's lampshade-on-the-head dance?

Face it... Nobody would drink at all, if it were all negative consequences. But at the same time, it wouldn't be right to completely ignore the downsides either. So there's gotta be some pluses with the minuses. I don't mind the flirting, but i wish it was more randomized. Vary the flirtations, vary the target. Perhaps sims who have been drinking should be more susceptible to romantic interactions (beer goggles). Perhaps they should take more exaggerated responses to negative interactions (beer muscles). Harder metabolism hit (beer bellies). Perhaps their bladder motive would temporarily decrease faster... These could all be accomplished by a system like vacation rewards.

Perhaps they could be autonomously prompted to streak (i think there's some mods that do that)... Could streaking become a group thing? Once one sim does it, other drunk sims become more likely to join in? Perhaps sims might throw up. Perhaps they could potentially pass out. Perhaps they might have a bladder issue... and the associated fears should be generated, so that these effect moods, and by extension, party scores. The actions occur in one mod or the other, but not compiled together and without generating the fears and associated negative scores...

Maybe personality should be taken into consideration... Shy sims become more outgoing... Outgoing sims maybe become more grouchy (cockiness/arrogance?)... Only other effect i can think of that applies to some people when they drink too much is melodrama -- you know, the kind that starts crying about everything -- but i can't associate that to a specific game personality.

Like i said, i understand why EAxis didn't. And I've seen some of the mods out there that might do one or two of these things. But a more integrated system including more randomized result options would be far more enjoyable than what currently exists. I'm sure there are plenty more ideas out there that could be incorporated into it. The thing is, even just their "fruit punch" system that IS in the game is rather bland and boring and doesn't offer much... But a mod of the magnitude this would require would most likely put the "EP" in "EPIC"!! Imagine? The Sims: AA... hahaha!

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#78 Old 24th Jun 2022 at 9:06 AM
Sims not getting drunk does not bother me a lot - i have tried a mod or 2 in the past, but was not that impressed either
All I want is for a sim to be able to buy another sim a drink in a downtown bar!
Forum Resident
#79 Old 25th Jun 2022 at 2:53 AM
I'm not outraged by it... hahaha. It's not a major bother. Just... no offense to the modders who created them but, the mods that do exist are...lacking. Granted, they've done a much better job than I could do!! So there's that. Maybe that would be better placed in a different category re: mods than what EAxis should've done different with regards to Univ.

I'll concede the point on that one =)

-gE
>=)
Field Researcher
#80 Old 25th Jun 2022 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Sims not getting drunk does not bother me a lot - i have tried a mod or 2 in the past, but was not that impressed either
All I want is for a sim to be able to buy another sim a drink in a downtown bar!

There's a mod for that! I forget where though
Mad Poster
#81 Old 27th Jun 2022 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Coriel_Muroz
There's a mod for that! I forget where though

Have been looking for one for .... Years.
Page 4 of 4