Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 1:40 PM
Default Fish spawners & Al Simhara?
I finally decided to do something I've been planning for quite a long time now and edit Al Simhara to my liking. It's going to be a new home world with a new name. Anyway, as I was looking all the fish spawners in caw, they are all river/fresh water spawners. Now Al Simhara does have a river but it runs into the ocean and wasn't it said that all water is automatically salt water. I plan to remove all spawners and replace them again, so which ones should I use for the water areas, fresh water or salt water spawners? My own logic says salt but I don't want to mess up anything.

Also, would it cause problems if I left all the tombs as they are and only removed the adventure board, so that the tombs aren't linked into the real adventure quests?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 2:54 PM
You can use whatever spawners you want. There is no game logic for salt or fresh water fishes. The large fresh or salt water designators just add some generic fishes in a large area while the more specific spawners have a smaller range and add more specific fish types (not always logical ones though).
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 3:18 PM
Ah, okay. I wonder why there is those salt and fresh water designators then, if they don't really matter. But hey, thank you for answering. This was a huge help.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 5:45 PM
Well, they cover a large area if you just want sims to be able to fish in a river, for example. Otherwise you would have to place several of the specific ones to cover the area. So they basically help with performance.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 2:27 PM
Oh, good to know. Thank you.