Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 7:58 AM
Default Jack Frost (ROTG)
Hi, I started this guy about a month ago and I'm mainly looking for feedback on what to do with the facial structure. Thanks.

Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 10:13 AM
You are off to a great start! Especially the detail on the ears, most people forget those even exist! I might soften them a small amount.

It's easier to review if you can put the pictures together in one image instead of flipping back and forth. So I would say you need some work around the eyes and nose. It seems like your sims eyes are rotated up (the whole eye), rather then just the corners. I would look at the eye shape and upper/lower apex sliders. From this angle it looks like the bridge "dent" is too low down. You might need to do a mix of bridge height and bridge rotate. The mouth should be more straight across. Yours has a slight curve down. Smaller chin and there is a custom slider for the under chin area. I can never remember which slider it is, but the ears should maybe poke out more from the head I think it's orbit?

Wojtek/Anuula89's Neck-to-chin slider
Screenshots

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 12:19 PM
The eyes may look a bit too distant to me, I guess pull them a little closer? Also, make the upper nose bridge a little less wide.

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#4 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 6:15 PM
I think this looks great! The overall shape is excellent. My suggestions would be to extend the lower mouth/ jaw area as it seems the most different in your pictures #4 and #5. The neck to chin slider is also a good idea. As for colors: the eyes are lighter blue, the white hair contrast is a darker gray.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 9:00 PM Last edited by WatermelonSandal : 6th Dec 2020 at 7:03 AM.
Thanks for the abundance of feedback. I've made quite a few changes:

@k2m1too I have softened the ears, played with the eye corners and apexes, moved the nose bridge up and done some rotation, straightened the mouth as best as I can without a forced smile showing up in CAS, narrowed the chin, adjusted the ear orbit, and looked at the underchin area. I managed to find the slider by Wojtek but had to go through Wayback to access a Mediafire link. Also thanks for the suggestion of a side-by-side comparison (I keep forgetting to do that!)

@aisquared I've moved the eyes closer together and narrowed the upper bridge.

@fascisthater I've adjusted the eye and hair colour, hopefully they're truer to the real Jack Frost now. I wasn't quite sure what you meant by the lower mouth/jaw area - do you mean the space between the lower lip and the chin? That's the area I've adjusted (see side profile.)

I've also made some other tweaks including ear stretch, brow shape, nostril curve, neck length, and neck tapering (which has unfortunately resulted in an ugly line around the neck so I may have to change it back.)

Screenshots
Staff - Moderator
#6 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 6:12 PM
@WatermelonSandal

Yes, the space between the lower lip and chin is an improvement. The eye color looks closer too. The chin seems like it extends to at least the upper lip from reference photo to me.
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fascisthater
@WatermelonSandal

Yes, the space between the lower lip and chin is an improvement. The eye color looks closer too. The chin seems like it extends to at least the upper lip from reference photo to me.

Thanks, does this look better? The chin depth is now at 147, and the jaw to neck slider (odBrodydoszy) is now at 388 (with a x4 slider multiplier). I had to use the latter because it was looking a bit lumpy from the front - I really think it helped to further define his jawline.

Screenshots
Staff - Moderator
#8 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WatermelonSandal
Thanks, does this look better? The chin depth is now at 147, and the jaw to neck slider (odBrodydoszy) is now at 388 (with a x4 slider multiplier). I had to use the latter because it was looking a bit lumpy from the front - I really think it helped to further define his jawline.

The face structure seems perfect to me now. Well done!
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Dec 2020 at 7:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fascisthater
The face structure seems perfect to me now. Well done!

Thanks, well I guess I'll wait around for a day to see if anyone else has anything to say.
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 6:53 PM
Update: I found a massive archive full of Ephemera's skins (thank you for labelling the ramps!) I'm trying out different skintones on him to find one that is closer to his original character. The first two images are with E-Skin Zero, the other with E-Skin-Natural+.

I've also experimented with making the eyes slightly larger (see the second pic) to see how they look. Thoughts?
Screenshots
Instructor
#11 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 12:30 AM
I personally like the 3rd picture for the skin. The first one seems too red, almost like he's got a bit of a sun burn. Also (imo) I don't think the eyes need to be larger. I think he looks good!

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Staff - Moderator
#12 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 9:35 AM
I think the lighter skin works better also. The reference photo does seems to have light freckles but you can decide if there is a skin on that page that you like or not. I think the eyes are fine. I think this sim is turning out excellent!
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 10:21 PM
I think I've managed to make the E-Skin-Natural+ work better. He might need some makeup freckles and I might experiment with some 3D eyelashes.

Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 7:16 PM
Update: Experimented with 3D eyelashes, blush, and freckles. I like the lashes even if there's a slight issue when viewed from an angle (see 2nd pic). Thoughts?

Screenshots
Staff - Moderator
#15 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WatermelonSandal
Update: Experimented with 3D eyelashes, blush, and freckles. I like the lashes even if there's a slight issue when viewed from an angle (see 2nd pic). Thoughts?

I think these improvements look great!
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Dec 2020 at 2:49 PM
Can't believe I forgot to do this: He's now available to download here.
Thanks to everyone who provided feedback!