Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

LotAdjuster 3.6 (Updated May 23, 2013)

by Mootilda Posted 3rd Jan 2010 at 1:07 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:09 PM by Nysha

382 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 328 Feedback Posts, 53 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 16
Test Subject
#101 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 9:11 AM
Hello,Mootilda.
.I try this tool in mine but it doesn't workin.I just want to expand my lot and It's always end with unknown error "the current version of lot adjuster is unable to continue"..I have all expansion&stuff up to M&G..thanx
Site Helper
Original Poster
#102 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jenyup123
Hello,Mootilda.
.I try this tool in mine but it doesn't workin.I just want to expand my lot and It's always end with unknown error "the current version of lot adjuster is unable to continue"..I have all expansion&stuff up to M&G..thanx
Could you please package your lot and attach it here, so that I can try to reproduce your problem?
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 4:56 AM
Nonni here - *worship* All Hail Mootilda!
Test Subject
#104 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Could you please package your lot and attach it here, so that I can try to reproduce your problem?

Sorry,i think the lot wasn't the problem.I try to build a simple house,unfurnisied,and try to use lot adjuster to expand or to move it,and it ends with unknown error.When i try with another lot and another neighbourhd that error always comes up..Is it possible bcause my OS?.I use wndws xp home ed. sp 3,wndows Net framework 1,2 up to 3 SP 2..
I got a question for u,what does this message means"the program may not b able to handle lots which were saved with expansion packs released after the sims 2 mansion and garden stuff"?
I think m&g is the last stuff of sims 2, so what is the purpose of this message?it makes me confuse..
Thanx Mootilda
Site Helper
Original Poster
#105 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 8:10 PM
Did you extract all files from the zip file, as required?
Test Subject
#106 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 6:08 AM
Did you extract all files from the zip file, as required?

Yes..there are 7 file.dll,1 pdb file,1 application and 1 folder data.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#107 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 4:00 PM
Your operating system shouldn't be a problem.

However, at this time, I don't have enough information to be able to determine what's wrong. I'll need something from you to see whether I can reproduce your problem. If I can't reproduce your problem, then I can't find and fix the bug.

Attach a screenshot of the error. Attach a packaged copy of a lot, or a zipped copy of the neighborhood and one of your lot packages that displays the problem. Explain when the error occurs: How far do you get into the process? What parameters are you using? Which EPs and SPs do you have installed? Is there anything else about your system that's unique?
Test Subject
#108 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 5:03 PM Last edited by jenyup123 : 6th Jul 2010 at 5:24 PM.
Your operating system shouldn't be a problem.

However, at this time, I don't have enough information to be able to determine what's wrong. I'll need something from you to see whether I can reproduce your problem. If I can't reproduce your problem, then I can't find and fix the bug.

Attach a screenshot of the error. Attach a packaged copy of a lot, or a zipped copy of the neighborhood and one of your lot packages that displays the problem. Explain when the error occurs: How far do you get into the process? What parameters are you using? Which EPs and SPs do you have installed? Is there anything else about your system that's unique?

Finnally..... ....
I try download the other version for testing today, the previous version (v3.2) and it,s work....
V.3.3 doesn't work in mine....
Hey,thanx a lot for your help and time...
Sorry for this..he30000..
Test Subject
#109 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 5:00 AM
Just wondering if anyone with Windows 7 has used this.

I am running windows 7 with .net Framework 3.5 and I can't get the program to work. When I open up the lot I want to change, it says it is a 60x60 when it is really a 60x50 and it wont allow me to change the numbers at all.
I click on the up and down arrows and they just sit at 0. I can manually type in the new number, but as soon as I click on another to change it, it goes back to 0.

Any suggestions?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#110 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 6:11 AM
Your lot is probably a 60x50 + 60x10 tiles for the road = 60x60. If so, you can't expand your lot; it's already at the maximum size.

If you want to shrink the lot, you need to click on the advanced button to choose to allow shrinking. Once that advanced option is checked, you should be able to shrink your lot. Please remember that the area that you want to remove must be empty.
Test Subject
#111 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 12:06 PM
Your lot is probably a 60x50 + 60x10 tiles for the road = 60x60. If so, you can't expand your lot; it's already at the maximum size.

If you want to shrink the lot, you need to click on the advanced button to choose to allow shrinking. Once that advanced option is checked, you should be able to shrink your lot. Please remember that the area that you want to remove must be empty.

Oh ok, that makes sense now. I wasn't aware the road took an extra 10 tiles.
Thanks for the input, and to let you know that the program does work in Windows 7
Test Subject
#112 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 1:53 PM
I cannot get this program to work, no matter what I do! I am using Windows Vista Home Basic, 32 - bit. I also am using the 'Double Deluxe' Version with all the expansions. I am using a custom neighborhood made with Sim City 4. The only lot on my neighborhood is a 5x2 unoccupied with 1 maxis tree squarely in the middle of it. I can get the program up and running, I can see the neighbor hood, see the lot, I can see the options and advance option. I am fully aware of the 'multiples of 10' rule. Whenever I try to change things (Even a simple backyard addition) It doesn't work. I have tried many different tutorials, and tried many things on my own with no luck.

My first thought is maybe I do not have it installed correctly. I could not find where the folder should go, so I just have it on my desktop. Is there a special place it should be in?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#113 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 2:27 PM
No, there is no special place where the LotAdjuster needs to be installed.

Can you please explain what you mean by "it doesn't work"? Do you mean that the program fails with an error message? If so, when does the error message occur and what is the error message?
Test Subject
#114 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 5:14 PM
1. Open File
2. Click 'Lot Adjuster' Type 'Application'
3. LotAdjuster 3.3 opens up and I click 'start'
4. I only have 1 neighborhood on my computer (I deleted the defaults in game). So on the 'choose a Neighborhood' screen I see my custom neighborhood 'Draconia', as well as 'Hobbies' and 'Magic'. Draconia is already selected so I click 'Next'.
5. On the 'Choose a Lot' Screen, my only lot is 'Road To Nowhere' which is the lot I created in game. It is already selected so I click 'Next'
6. The next screen says my lot size is 50x30 (5x2 in game) so I click the 'backyard' arrow until I get it to say 10, making my new size 50x40.
7. Click Finish
8. "Unknown Error
The lot adjustment was aborted! An error occurred during modification of your lot. The current version of the LotAdjuster is unable to continue.

Please report this error at: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=282409 and attach a copy of your lot to the posting.

Alternatively, sign my guestbook at: http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/pod.php?user_id=892026"

Also, I downloaded it on an XP computer and transferred it to the Vista. Could that be the problem?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#115 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 5:33 PM
No, the difference between XP and Vista should cause no problems. Unfortunately, the error message gives us no clues; it just tells me that something completely unexpected occurred.

I think that our best option would be for you to give me your neighborhood and lot packages, so that I can try to reproduce this problem on my machine. I don't have the Store Edition, which I believe comes with Double Deluxe, so perhaps there is a change to the internal file formats which is causing the problem. If I can reproduce the problem, then I should be able to fix it.
Test Subject
#116 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 5:48 PM
I do not know how to go about doing that. Do I simply go into my documents area and copy the neighborhood file? And how do I up load them to the site?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#117 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 8:11 PM
Yes, just copy the neighborhood package and the lot package into a zip file, then attach the zip file(s) to your post here.

I only need the two packages, but since your neighborhood is so simple, you may find it easiest to zip the entire neighborhood folder. The only problem is size; there is a limit to the size of file that you can upload.

The easiest way to zip a file or folder is to right click on the file in Windows Explorer and choose Send To / Compressed (zipped) Folder.

To attach a zip file to a post, use the Go Advanced option. On that screen, click on Manage Attachments. Then Browse to the correct directory and select the file, then choose Upload Files. It will take a while; be patient. To attach a second file, repeat the process.

I really appreciate your doing this; I have no way to test this otherwise.
Test Subject
#118 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 9:38 PM
Before I do that, I should mention that I made a new neighborhood (the maxis cresent island) and a new lot, with the same results. If it is not a problem with the neighborhood that I was using, maybe there is something else wrong? If there is, do I still need to upload first neighborhood and lot (I do not mind doing so)?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#119 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 10:03 PM
Yes, I understand that. My current suspicion is that the Store Edition has made some modification to the internal file structure of either the neighborhood or lot package, and the LotAdjuster doesn't know how to handle that new format. The error message that you're getting basically says that the LotAdjuster has no idea what's wrong, which implies that it's something that I've never seen before; I've programmed the LotAdjuster to handle every file format that I know about.

The LotAdjuster had to be updated each time that EA released a new EP, because the internal file format was changed with every new EP. This wasn't a problem before, because I purchased every EP that EA released. However, I don't have the latest Store Edition.

Your lot is a perfect test lot for me, since you've got nothing special happening. It should be easy to figure out the new format and update the LotAdjuster to handle it. I just need to see the files.
Test Subject
#120 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 1:04 AM
Took me a while to figure out which ones to grab, because I went into the lots folder and it said I had 13! Used SimPE to figure out which one.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  N002_Lot13.zip (205.3 KB, 9 downloads)
Description: Lot
File Type: zip  N002_Neighborhood.zip (451.3 KB, 9 downloads)
Description: Neighborhood
Site Helper
Original Poster
#121 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 2:32 AM
Unfortunately, I can't reproduce your problem with the files that you gave me. I don't suppose that the neighborhood or lot is being used by some other program, such as TS2 or SimPE? Perhaps you should try rebooting your machine to ensure that no one has a lock on the files, then try again.
Test Subject
#122 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 4:42 PM
Lets try this again. Restarted and didn't run anything. Just grabbed the files and go.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  N002_Lot13.zip (205.3 KB, 6 downloads)
File Type: zip  N002_Neighborhood.zip (451.2 KB, 6 downloads)
Site Helper
Original Poster
#123 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 7:13 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 23rd Jul 2010 at 8:24 PM.
Default New Version 3.4 Available.
Resolved "unknown error" problem reported by Dragonsheartblood above.

Dragonsheartblood, thanks again for reporting this problem and providing your save game so that I could track it down. Please let me know if you have any further problems with the new version.
Test Subject
#124 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 5:05 AM
It works! I have tried simply expanding, and making it so I can build on either side of the road with great success! Thank you so much! This program is wonderful!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#125 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 5:49 AM
Sorry that you were having problems. Just a stupid programming error.
Page 5 of 16