Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

LotAdjuster 3.6 (Updated May 23, 2013)

by Mootilda Posted 3rd Jan 2010 at 1:07 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:09 PM by Nysha

382 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 328 Feedback Posts, 53 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 16
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 9:28 PM
I am trying to run this program but I can't get it to start. Once I extract the files into a folder I get a popup that say CLR ERROR and it adopts.

Can anyone help?

My attempt at creating a sim hood Oasis Valley
Last Update 06/12/2011
Site Helper
Original Poster
#127 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 9:58 PM
That error may indicate a problem with your .NET 2.0 installation.
Test Subject
#128 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 1:06 PM
Just one question; does it compatible with "Apartment Life" expansion pack?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#129 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 4:29 PM
Yes, the LotAdjuster is compatible with all EPs and SPs, including Apartment Life.
Test Subject
#130 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 4:32 PM Last edited by Hiccle : 8th Aug 2010 at 5:02 PM.
I have a problem with the LotAdjuster. I've tried several times to shrink 13 Dead End Lane in Strangetown (where the Specter's live). The area I want to shrink (-10 tiles from the right side) is completely empty, yet the Adjuster says "Area Not Empty. Invalid VERT: Vertex is in an invalid location
Remove everything from the area to be trimmed, plus one additional tile at the edge of the new lot. Then rerun the LotAdjuster."

And I've done what it says and double checked, but it still doesn't want to shrink the lot.

EDIT: Also, I tried shrinking the backyard of the Smith house, and the backyard + right side of the Grunt house. The Grunt house got the same error that the Specter house did. But the Smith house got this error: "Unknown error. The lot adjustment was aborted! An error occurred during modification of your lot. The current version of the LotAdjuster is unable to continue.
Please report this error at: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=282409 and attach a copy of your lot to the posting."
Site Helper
Original Poster
#131 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 5:52 PM
Be sure that you are using the latest version. Your problem with the Smith house is very likely to be a known problem with version 3.3 only, that was solved with the latest version.

Do you know how to use SimPE? If so, your best bet is to use SimPE to delete the VERT record, which is obviously corrupt and can be safely deleted. This should resolve 13 Dead End Lane and the Grunt house. Be sure to backup first and keep your backup until you are sure that things are working correctly.

I have just thought of a solution to the corrupt VERT issue that I can implement in the LotAdjuster. I'll start working on it now and will hopefully have a new version available within a few days for you to try. If you would prefer not to use SimPE, then I should have a solution for you shortly.
Test Subject
#132 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Be sure that you are using the latest version. Your problem with the Smith house is very likely to be a known problem with version 3.3 only, that was solved with the latest version.

Do you know how to use SimPE? If so, your best bet is to use SimPE to delete the VERT record, which is obviously corrupt and can be safely deleted. This should resolve 13 Dead End Lane and the Grunt house. Be sure to backup first and keep your backup until you are sure that things are working correctly.

I was so sure that I was using the newest version of LotAdjuster, but I wasn't. The Smith house was shrinked succesfully.

I know how to use SimPe, but I don't know how to delete the VERT record. How do I do that?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#133 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 8:04 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 8th Aug 2010 at 10:27 PM.
In SimPE, open the lot package.

In the left pane, select Vertex (VERT).

There should only be one vertex record in the right pane. Right click on it and select Delete. Save and exit from SimPE.
Test Subject
#134 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 8:36 PM
Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place. I open up Strangetown, and I find the lot I need, but I can't see Vertex (VERT) anywhere.

Maybe you can you walk me through it?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#135 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 10:15 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 8th Aug 2010 at 10:28 PM.
Default New version 3.5 available
Resolves a problem where a corrupt Vertex record may cause problems when attempting to shrink a lot.

Please see the Release History for more information.

Quote: Originally posted by Hiccle
Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place. I open up Strangetown, and I find the lot I need, but I can't see Vertex (VERT) anywhere.

Maybe you can you walk me through it?
I have a better idea: why don't you try my new version and see whether it resolves your problems?

Sorry that my instructions were not more clear. I'll adjust them above, for future reference.
Test Subject
#136 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 10:56 PM
Wow, thanks for updating it so quickly.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#137 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 11:15 PM
It went very smoothly. The fix was easy to implement, I had no problems creating a test lot, and my code worked first time. If only all fixes were so easy.
Test Subject
#138 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 9:30 PM
Okay I am new to this, once I do whatever adjusting I need to do...then what? Just play? I am trying to get rid of the road on my lot. So I can use neighborhood deco to make it a long dirt road, but that paved part is killing me. I did the advanced and unchecked all roads, but nothing happened in game. I am all the EP and stuff packs up to mansion and garden, on windows vista. Tried with both 2.8 and 3.5.

Do I need to move a folder into my EA games area? Do I need to unzip this into my sims folder?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#139 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 11:05 PM
Did you try removing the existing road tiles? If you've unchecked all roads, then the portion of the lot which had the road before should now be available for use. However, the LotAdjuster does not typically remove the existing road tiles for you.

If you want the LotAdjuster to remove the road tiles for you, try checking the advanced option "Regenerate roads". This option should remove all existing road tiles, then add new road tiles for all roads. In your case, it won't add new road tiles, since there are no roads.
Test Subject
#140 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 4:27 PM
Thanks so much!!! I'm hoping to use this tonight to expand my lot.
Test Subject
#141 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 6:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Did you try removing the existing road tiles? If you've unchecked all roads, then the portion of the lot which had the road before should now be available for use. However, the LotAdjuster does not typically remove the existing road tiles for you.

If you want the LotAdjuster to remove the road tiles for you, try checking the advanced option "Regenerate roads". This option should remove all existing road tiles, then add new road tiles for all roads. In your case, it won't add new road tiles, since there are no roads.

Okay I am still kinda new to this. When you say, remove road tiles, are you talking about playing the lot and using moveobjects on and deleting the road in front of my house? Or are you speaking of getting rid of all of the roads in the neighborhood (road tiles) I will mess around with it though and see.

But just to clarify, no files need to be moved or anything right? As far as moving the data files, or xml files or whatever from the lot adjuster folder to my sims 2 game folder.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#142 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nfarnham2001
When you say, remove road tiles, are you talking about playing the lot and using moveobjects on and deleting the road in front of my house?
Correct. That area should now be available for building.

Quote: Originally posted by nfarnham2001
But just to clarify, no files need to be moved or anything right? As far as moving the data files, or xml files or whatever from the lot adjuster folder to my sims 2 game folder.
Assuming that you selected the neighborhood and lot from the standard selection screen, the LotAdjuster will adjust the files in your Sims 2 game folder, so there is no need to move anything.
Test Subject
#143 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 1:06 AM
Ok, new question. Sorry for all these, lol. But is there anyway, to take my house, on my lot, and move it farther up, down, or relocate on the lot, without moving the lot itself? I ask this because now that I deleted the road, (awesome btw) I have a huge chunk of usable space, and want to move all my house and such forward a little, (I am OCD with the whole symmetry of things)

I could just take it all apart and rebuild, but is there a more simple way?

I apologize if I am overlooking something and missed it.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#144 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 3:47 AM
Yes, just expand at the back and shrink by the same amount at the front.
Field Researcher
#145 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 1:11 AM
I just want to say thanks, as I was able to move a couple of stubborn lots that would not go back into the place they used to be after I moved them, but with LotAdjuster I was able to move them back where they belong by choosing the move lot option.

See my blog for my very latest lots, including some that are not available on MTS2: Twoflower's Sims 2 Lots. Also, see what's happening in Apple Grove, my Prosperity Challenge neighborhood.
Test Subject
#146 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 7:48 AM
Quick, possibly stupid question: Can the lot adjuster be used while the game is running? For example, if I alt+tab out of the game and then open the lot adjuster. Might speed things up for me since I have a lot of CC and my load time is 5 or 10 minutes. Thanks! This is an awesome program, by the way. I love it.

On the floating, shapeless oceans...I did all my best to smile...till your singing eyes and fingers drew me loving into your eyes. And you sang: "Sail to me; sail to me, let me enfold you."
-Song to the Siren, This Mortal Coil
Site Helper
Original Poster
#147 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShadySentinel83
Can the lot adjuster be used while the game is running?
No. The game locks the files while it's running, making sure that no one else can get access, including SimPE and the LotAdjuster.
Test Subject
#148 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 4:26 AM
Okay, I thought not but thought I'd ask. Thanks!

On the floating, shapeless oceans...I did all my best to smile...till your singing eyes and fingers drew me loving into your eyes. And you sang: "Sail to me; sail to me, let me enfold you."
-Song to the Siren, This Mortal Coil
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#149 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 4:15 PM
To be honest I really didn't expect this program to work so flawlessly. Being able to expand or shrink lots is great but to me that isn't the best feature of your program. I've always wished I could create my own corner lots and be able to place street lamps on all road edges. Now I can! My neighborhoods will look much more complete now. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#150 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 3:45 AM
Thanks for the program, It result me very very useful.
I dont have mistakes using your program.
Page 6 of 16