Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#51 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 3:15 PM
Could you maybe attach your food Lady Darkfire so i could maybe look into the package but from what i was reading i'm assuming you just muddled your animations around

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 11:40 AM
pasionflower: Thank you so much for the information! This is very helpful to me and I'm sure to many others alike myself. It certainly does seem that I am making a mess of the food animations. I do remember that I put the half-eaten state as the second step. If its to be the last step then no wonder it just behaves freaky! If so then how to go about fixing it?

AbstractSIMmer187: Oh my goodness thank you so much. It would be an honor that you would in your spare time. I think I've managed the attachment right. The file is within the rar. I'm actually very shocked it even got passed the first stage. Somehow I keep thinking to myself that my experiments will end up nuking my Sims game entirely. Lol! *^_^*
Attached files:
File Type: rar  LadyDarkFire_StarCookies.rar (577.8 KB, 19 downloads) - View custom content
#53 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 11:03 AM Last edited by AbstractSIMmer187 : 9th Apr 2007 at 11:08 AM.
Oh my Lady Darkfire your package is pretty much messed up and you going to need to start from scratch.

Everything else was perfect although i do need to ask you why on this earth did you make a mesh for the alpha channel i.e you know when you go to GMDC, the first file on top of the list is the alpha chanell for the food, right?

YOU DON'T HAVE TO MAKE A MESH FOR THAT, i was rather stunned when i saw that, pretty odd.

Yes you clearly flopped the animating stage, for some reason you extracted the animations files from the alpha chanell :O and on top of that your package has NO File in the GMDC where the food is on the plate.

So in otherwards you going to have to start from scratch, i don't mean to be mean at all i'm just pointing out what went totally wrong, so this is one case i cann't solve, sorry.

Few pointers:

1) Never make a mesh for the alpha channel.

2) In the catalog description, there is no need to write out a description for the food because you won't be reading a description when u make the food, all you have to do is put your foods name i.e Star Cookies and replace it with the maxis name of watever food you cloned, in this case its the cake.

3) Make sure when u clone a food you have the right things ticked, i'm assuming you never did because your files in the GMDC were totally messed up, i can't remember but i think in paco's tutorial it tells you what to tick and what not to tick.

Overall you followed the tutorial pretty well i must say, you filled in your name by the Text Lists, you put your GUIDS in the right place in the Behaviour section, it was just the GMDC area that totally messed this package up.

Goodluck and if you need more help feel free to ask.

Kind Regards

Travis

Lab Assistant
#54 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 11:31 AM
Default food
Quote: Originally posted by pacotacoplayer
I don't exactly understand what you are trying to say, but for a burnt texture just grab a dark brush in photoshop and draw all over your food texture, and then import it into the original cake burnt texture.

Spencer: you can't animate food in Wings 3D because it does not support UniMesh plugins. It is possible, but not possible to make animated food in Wings.

what about blenders can you animate food in blenders?

TASH

http://passionssims2com.page.tl/

my own website. check it out
#55 Old 2nd May 2007 at 2:51 PM
Yes it is defiantly possible to animate in Blender 3D, matter of a fact you can model, animate and render your stuff out with that software but i wouldn't know how to do animating in Blender 3D, if you want to learn how to do it in Blender i suggest you Google Blender 3D tutorials.

I hope that answered your question

Instructor
#56 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 8:45 AM
This all looks so complicated! How much of the animation steps would I need to go through in order to change the bag of chips to a box of candy - say Dots or Sugar Babies? I would think the animations for the chips would be fairly close to what I would need for boxed candy - what do you think?

I want to create buyable candy for a movie theater counter that I am working on - hoping to add popcorn, bags of cotton candy, boxes of Dots, Juji Fruits, Milk Duds, M&M's, etc, and also fountain soda (no specific kinds - just in general). Just curious - do you think it would be difficult to clone the bar for the counter? I want to avoid having to own the theater - an NPC counter person that can serve would be beneficial as well as speeding up the sale - no cashier to train (lol).
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 4:55 AM
Wow noones posted here in a while, But I have a quick question.

I don't have Milkshape and was wondering, is there any other program I can use to make food? I really want to make some food and the only tutorials other than this one I can find is the Cereal one, which is recoloring. I had Milkshape 3D for the Trail, then it expired. Thanks

Sims 2 Modder.....In Training!
Instructor
#58 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 5:58 AM
Smd format can also handle morphs, so any program that handles smd format should be fine. As far as I know, smd currently can be handled by XSI Mod Tool, Blender (with plugin available on this site) and 3ds Max (up to 8 - with Cannonfodder plugins). First two are free programs, but I have zero experience with them so can't tell much about them.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 6:25 PM
Thanks. I started to play around with blender. Ill look up some more tutorials try to figure it out, and once I do, Maybe one day I can add on to this tutorial, Blender Version.

Sims 2 Modder.....In Training!
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 1:58 PM
I read the above post that says this is the only tutorial on making food, with the exception of a recoloring one. I wasnt going to use this but since its the only one, is it finished? I read a few pages of comments and Abstract helped alot but it would be great to have a finished tutorial. If there are more available, can anyone please let me know? Thanks
Instructor
#61 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 3:29 PM
There's older tutorial (recently updated) by fireflies - it's about recoloring food, but it's better to get familar enough with recoloring before starting to working with food meshes - because you need to clone food, and change GUIDs in bhavs and menu texts in STR#, even if you want to simply recolor it.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 4:35 PM
Okay, forgive me if I sound a little stupid, I'm new to food making as well. I have like five foods lined up, meshes and textures completed, (except the plate mesh. Do I change that too?) but I'm not sure what to do next as the tutorial is not complete. I know I have to do the GUIDS and stuff but what I need to know is do I do it for each GMDC? When I did the object tutorial with the table it was just that one mesh, whereas with food, there are many meshes. So do I do each one the same way as the table Tut, including the animation GMDC (_tslocator_gmdc)?
Instructor
#63 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 7:08 PM
You need to change plate mesh only if you are want to use a custom plate; if you are using Maxis plate - leave it unchanged.
In short - yes, you do need to replace each GMDC - well, depends on your mesh and food type, for example, it's unlikely that you would replace 'prepare in bowl' or 'simmer' states, since there's not much variety for their shapes.
Different GMDCs correspond to different states, you can usually tell by their names which is which. Pay attention that most states have morphs (so you must use either Milkshape+Unimesh, or smd+programs that support it) - if you will break them, you foods will not update properly (for example, full, half-eaten, and eaten states of a meal are done via morphs).
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 5:16 AM
Yay, I did it! OMG thank you all so much (Numenor, Jasana, Paco, & Abtract) I couldn't have done it without you all! Now I can go back and finish all my others ones, test them, and share them with you all!
Screenshots
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#65 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 2:21 PM
Lovely tutorial. and really inspiring.
Page 3 of 3