Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 1:16 AM
Default Can anything be done about Celebrity slandering?
My sim is a level 5 celeb and everytime i turn around, they are getting falsey accused of something. is there something my simmie can do to repair the damage caused??? can she sue someone or anything? I haven't found any interactions.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 1:29 AM
Yes she can,. just go to the City Hall, click City Hall and then Sue for Slander, they can either win or lose the case. You can redo the case though and may win (My female sim who got ridiculously slandered for having a child out of wedlock lost once but then won immediately after going in the second time)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 1:30 AM
OH THANK YOU! I'm sick of my sim getting fingers pointed at her and laughing and she didn't even do anything!! Thanks for helping me out!

Well, she's about to have a baby out of wedlock too, so i guess i should prepare for that one too huh? lol
Field Researcher
#4 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 2:15 AM
I heard that you can also bribe the paparazzi into changing your reputation? Haven't had to experience that yet but that may be another option.
Inventor
#5 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 2:19 AM
Slandering for having a baby out of wedlock - in 2010? Really, EA? They've always been so progressive in the Sims series and then they go and add that little piece of moral judgment? That's pretty annoying. But thanks for the heads up on being able to sue for slander.

kittens!
Eminence Grise
#6 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 3:52 AM
You read the tabloids at all? Celebrities get slandered for EVERYTHING they do. Pity most of it is not, in fact, very interesting :/
Inventor
#7 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 4:13 AM
Wait, do you mean sim tabloids? Those exist?!

Or do you mean real life tabloids? No, I don't read tabloids. I actively strive to avoid celebrity gossip as much as I can because it's my opinion that personal lives are not for public consumption, no matter how famous a person is.

As far as the sims go, I know celebrities can lose favor for various things and that's a fun aspect of the game. I just think that EA putting slandering for having a baby out of wedlock is attaching an unnecessary moral judgment. And I was a little surprised by it.

It is a pity there isn't more interesting gossip. Actually, I loathe gossip in real life but it's fun in the game because the animation is so exaggerated and silly, like they are really sharing something juicy about a neighbor then it turns out to be something like did you know soandso is rich? And then they giggle and carry on like grade school kids that just heard the word penis for the first time.

kittens!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 4:27 AM
WB- True, I don't read that crap either because I think it's just a bunch of crap, half of the time it's overreacting and most of it's not true either etc
Field Researcher
#9 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedblue
. I just think that EA putting slandering for having a baby out of wedlock is attaching an unnecessary moral judgment. the first time.

Oh Brother!
Eminence Grise
#10 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 7:43 AM
I've just had two sims get slandered tonight... and one of them had a new interaction that was "deny rumors" or something like that... perhaps if you do that with enough other sims, you can fix your reputation that way too?

Though it is so lucrative to sue, not sure you need an alternative
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#11 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 8:03 AM
Wickedblue and Willow's Tara, you're both snobs! I always start my day with a good gawp at the Daily Mail

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#12 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 9:42 AM
IJ- Uh just curious but what exactly is that supposed to mean? Or you just kidding?"
Inventor
#13 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 10:35 AM
Willow's Tara - pretty sure Inge is kidding

kittens!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 11:56 AM
I suspect that doing something bad to a pap is different/has more of an effect than a non-pap. My vampire celebrity had bitten loads of other sims to feed and never got a bad rumour from it, however she once bit one pap and then I got that red notification that a rumour was going around that she'd bitten someone.

I used "dispel rumours" on a couple of sims but don't know if it did anything. So instead I made her sue!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 2:39 PM
My Dramatic Sim did a fake faint in front of a pap...next day it was all over town that he had fainted. For those types of things, you can go to the business office and Bribe the Paperasti or try and Shift the story onto someone else...I tried the shift the story and got denied.

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 12:53 AM
I really, really want to know how to get my level 5 celeb some privacy when he goes on vacation with his family! Do I *have* to get visa level 3 and buy a house with a very, very tall wall??
Field Researcher
#17 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 2:32 AM
My couple has a level 3 visa, and... the stalkerazzi constantly harassed them IN their home. It didn't have a fence, so I killed the bastard when he got too annoying. By FIRE! ... Then I built a wall around it and added the security gate. Hopefully that keeps them away. Or I'll be needing to go back to building vast underground lairs that require dive wells or teleportation to enter. @.@
Field Researcher
#18 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 2:45 AM
They come right into the bedroom and snap pictures of them while they're sleeping. Jeez.

Too bad the traps from WA weren't more lethal. I guess I'll install some of those lockable door mods instead.
Eminence Grise
#19 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 3:24 AM
I just actually read the in-game help and learned that there's a third way to get rid of the misbehaving moodlet -- go to the business office and deflect the rumors onto another celebrity
Inventor
#20 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 3:36 AM
I did that earlier, Srikandi. My sim has a celebrity enemy so discovering that she could deflect the rumors onto her was a joy.

kittens!
Space Pony
#21 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 1:54 PM
I've never been accused of anything and I'm a 5 star celeb :/
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 2:11 PM
About dispeling rumors, I have found that it is usually enough to do it with just one Sim to obliterate them. But that is only my experience (three times). The rumors were true each time, by the way.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 2:15 PM
Something else; the bad reputation does indeed seem to have to do with "morality" all the time, as mentioned before in this thread. Always about getting unmarried pregnancies, cheating on married couples or fooling around with "occults" (vampires).
Forum Resident
#24 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 5:45 PM
My sim was falsely accused for digging through trash lol. Had her sue and she won.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 6:07 PM
My Sim hasn't been accused of anything either... or does she have to read the papers to hear about it? Also, I am never able to interact with the pap, they just stand around, take pictures and scribble, but don't want to react to my attempts to greet them.

I play Sims in German, so I apologize in advance for any "funny/wrong English term" I might use when describing something about the game. ;)
Page 1 of 3