Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#401 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 2:38 PM
Oh so sorry, I must have forgotten. Take care and get better fast.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#402 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 2:57 PM
Round Three Entry: 1 Tesla Court - Smith

Quote:
The Smith Family
A family of four who look like they want the perfect suburban life. They consist of elder alien Pollination Tech#9 Smith, his adult wife Jenny, teenage son Johnny and child age daughter Jill.
Requirements: Each child must have their own room the parents an en-suite bathroom.
Bios:
The only thing PT9 loves more than his lawn is his family. When he is not spending time with his children, he enjoys clipping coupons and staring up at the sky.
Jenny loves having a career, but she wishes she could spend more time with her family, and maybe make some new friends. She really likes green.
Johnny dreams of being the hero that rides in on a white horse, or at least a cool sports car.
When Jill closes her eyes, she sees dolphins. She has her heart set on becoming a deep sea welder someday.

This lot was a whole lot of fun. I decided to go for something really different from my usual play style and have some fun with this unique family. I thought of the lot as being an oasis in the desert, with water and a variety of plants. Because of the oasis inspiration, I didn't want the lawn to be too uniform. I played around with a swimmable pond for far too long but couldn't get it right, so I went with an easier pool

I also changed out my desert terrain default between rounds, so it looks a little different from my previous entries.

On to the more detailed tour...
Mad Poster
#403 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 3:37 PM
A lovely lot, @randomlyyellstuff
Instructor
#404 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 5:08 PM
Don't worry about it
I'm getting ready to take the last of my medications now, if I'm lucky I'll be home tonight!

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#405 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 11:17 PM
Oh I hope so! being in the hospital for days is the pits- I know, BTDT.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Space Pony
#406 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 2:37 AM
Almost finished, too bad IRL decided to hit at wrong time, having very long work days. as Jo posted that 2 days left at my time 0715 (militarytime.. remember I do the General's home, and here it is 0436 atm) so still a little over a day, I might just manage it if can open the game right after work <3

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#407 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 3:07 AM
If a lot of people tell me they are running late I will extend the round but I haven't heard from most of the calls I placed above, so at the moment there is a bit over 1 day left. After that, there will be .5 deduction per day late.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#408 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 5:59 PM
So I'm home at last! I have to go to the hospital every morning until the rest of the week still, but at least I'm feeling strong enough to build, so I will continue now. I will try to do my best for this round.

Field Researcher
#409 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 6:08 PM
Default Round 3: Curious

The theme I was going for in this house was books, books, books! Most of them are Vid's, but some belong to his brothers. There are bookshelves everywhere, and plenty of places to read.

♫Cuz I don't have a home in this life, I have to roam. Got nowhere to lay my head, so I'll follow you instead, and set my gaze on the place I'm going to. Til then I'm homeless, but I'll roam with you...♫

My Simblr: http://natteryaktoad.tumblr.com
Field Researcher
#410 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 6:54 PM
Pssst! @NatteryackToad Here. https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=435861
Field Researcher
#411 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 10:26 PM
@joandsarah77

Sorry for not replying sooner - I've been offline for a few days, and have only just managed to catch up.

I'm going to be late, I'm afraid. I've spent pretty much all the time since you posted round 3 frantically trying to unpack my home after several months of decorating (in scale not too much dissimilar to moving house, but with a lot more plaster and brick dust to clean up afterwards), followed by entertaining visitors. I'm about straight now, and finally have my desktop computer back again, but still need to transfer N002 and its custom content for the contest over, stick in the extra content I need for this lot, and actually build/decorate it. Realistically, I'm unlikely to be done before some time this weekend.

On the plus side, I have at least found a CC secret door that will work for Olive, if I avert my eyes from the horrible clipping when she goes through it in one direction. Sigh. There are times I really miss the objects the Mac version of the game doesn't have.

I hope you're feeling better now.

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@Muridae Love the outside military look and the boy's assault course! I like how you thought of all of their wants. Why are you needing the roof angle cheat? Do you not have M&G?

Alas, it doesn't exist for the Mac. EA didn't license FT, AL or any of the later stuff packs to Aspyr for conversion so we have nothing beyond Bon Voyage. I don't really miss the gameplay additions from FT or AL, but I do miss a lot of the objects and some of the build improvements, like the roof angle tool, the architecture sort, neighbourhood terrain editing and compatibility with the Windows folk.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#412 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 11:13 PM
@Yvelotic2001 great to hear, I am sure you are so glad to be home.

@muridae Thanks for letting me know.

I can extend the round a bit longer, I know its a big house. How does 2 more days sound, is that doable?

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#413 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 12:21 AM
I finished my build, have my pictures, now I just have to post my entry, which I will do tomorrow.

Space Pony
#414 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 3:46 AM
Looks like I will also take the late hit. lot is done and pics taken but it is soon 0600 and only 4 hours to sleep untill at work again. IRL comes before game. will post mine tomorrow.

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#415 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 5:14 AM
I just said above I can extend the round. I'm not a stickler for times especially when the majority of the times we have run faster. I would rather have more entries.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#416 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 8:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I just said above I can extend the round. I'm not a stickler for times especially when the majority of the times we have run faster. I would rather have more entries.

@joandsarah77 - think I will need Saturday, and possibly a bit of Sunday to get the pictures done. If that's after your final final deadline, so be it. Thanks for the extensions you have given - they've been a lifesaver.

I'll definitely get it done by Sunday at the latest though, to give the judges time to do their judgy things.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#417 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 8:48 AM
Okay guys, if I keep this round open until Monday morning how will that be? I would rather get maximum entries and want you all to enjoy, not do yourselves in.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#418 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 8:54 AM
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#419 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 10:15 AM
Another point I just thought of is, apart from judge 3 still not being unavailable is my emergency Judge Karen is going away on holidays. So even if I shut the round the third judging won't be happening for awhile. if Gina still isn't back after a week I will step in as a second emergency judge.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#420 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 10:01 PM
How about - we have a party?
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#421 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 11:14 PM
Sounds like a plan! Par-tay!

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#422 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 1:02 AM
I'll take a sip tomorrow morning after I come back from the hospital. This week I had to keep going there every morning and tomorrow, if everything's OK, will be the last visit in some time, finally! I'll celebrate with an entry and some fermented juice

Scholar
#423 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 3:56 PM
oh yikes! i'm not sure i'll finish it in time I've been quite busy and i'm more interested in sims 3 than 2 at the moment.i'll possibly start soon.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Instructor
#424 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 11:38 PM Last edited by Yvelotic2001 : 21st Jul 2018 at 12:27 AM.
Default Round 3 - 1 Tesla Court

Quote:
20th July 2018
Strangetown

Dear Mr. Curious
It is a pleasure to inform you that the town council of our great Strangetown has decided to assign the house on 1 Tesla Court to you and any other members of your household. The house is in need of some repairs, as such, the council has decided a budget of 120.000 simoleons is enough to bring it up to code. You are free to redecorate and change the layout of the inside, nevertheless the outside shell must remain. Further stories can be added at your discretion and the basement can be removed. Do note that you are free to repaint the exterior.
We hope you the best for the rest of your life here in Strangetown.

Best regards,
Town Council of Strangetown

Curiosity killed Kitty Curious the cat

The Curious brothers are a very curious household indeed. Pascal's pregnant with an alien baby, Vidcund has a weird fondness for African violets and space (do aliens have African violets? That could explain his obsession with the telescope...) and Lazlo is lazy and sloppy, unlike his brothers, but is a more successful scientist than them. They needed to have a house that would fit such an extraordinary family.
1 Tesla Court was refurbished into a somewhat Art Déco-ish style, with an ultra modern interior. The Curiouses are always curious regarding new technology, they couldn't miss out on any of the latest gadgets. As such, their house is indeed technophilic. TVs, phones and dishwashers are too basic for them. We're talking computers - yes, just one desktop isn't enough -, gaming consoles and a secret gadget invented by the Curious brothers themselves*! Spanning two floors, this estate has an open-plan kitchen and living area, a study, three bedrooms and a nursery and two full bathrooms, as well as an area designated as "The Lab", where their mysterious object is. Currently, the lab is filled with plants. Rumour has it that Vidcund is trying to induce mutations on ordinary plants in order to transform them into African violets. Obsession, am I right?
Vidcund's room is the only bedroom downstairs - it's closer to the lab and the African-violets-to-be. Obviously, he has a vase with African violets on his bedside table, as well as an assortment of space-related posters. Upstairs, we have the rest of the bedrooms. Pascal's room is dark and features a lounge chair where he can practice psychoanalysis, as well as plenty of storage space for his endless piles of "evidence" for his conspiracy theories. It has a door that leads to the nursery, ready for Pascal's coming alien baby. As Lazlo is less studious than his other brothers, his room reflects that: it is the only bedroom with a TV and without bookcases (even though screenshots don't show them quite well, the other two bedrooms each have their own bookcase).
The house is decorated with green highlights throughout to reflect the Curious's close relationship with aliens. Examples are Pascal's psychoanalysis chair, the lamps and some armchairs.
The house meets Strangetown's safety standards, with both a burglar alarm and a smoke alarm.

*It is actually a conversion from TS3 Into The Future. I won't tell if you won't!

Here are the photos the town council took during their inspection of the lot:

If you noticed, I have the IKEA Skruvsta Chair (pre-order) in both dining chair and armchair versions, so they're fully usable in this lot.

I think I met the criteria for this round. I had lots of problems with this build, I was blocked. So, I have to thank @quycksylver for posting their entry. That Streamline Moderne exterior really gave me the inspiration I needed. So I opted for an Art Déco fused with ultra-modern style. The shell, I think is good for Art Déco, while the Curious family seems, at least to me, like a family that would have all the latest tech as their furniture. Overall, I'm quite pleased with the end result. Hope you like it!

NOTE: This was my first build with the UC. I went crazy with all the new IKEA goodness. Shiny!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#425 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 12:18 AM
@Yvelotic2001 Please attach your pictures.

~Call me Jo~

Page 17 of 25