Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

skyFix 2.1 (redownload / 15 APR '17)

by Nopke Posted 21st Dec 2015 at 10:25 PM - Updated 7th Dec 2023 at 7:40 PM by Nopke

89 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 55 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Meet Me In My Next Life
#26 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nopke
In base game you need to use the Tab to see what is on the sky too… So, if you want to always see it, you have to have a camera mod anyway.
How many camera mods have you tested? I think that not all of them. In my game, Gunmod's camera mod and Enhanced gameplay cameras caused crashes. Now, I have my own camera mod and everything is okay. Maybe I will upload it later.

@ Nopke thanks again for your reply, yes the two camera mod you name in your reply in the past cause my game to crashed. I would love to try your camera mod if you should upload it.
A reminder I do not just have the base game I have "all" EPs way up to Seasons, but nothing after that Ep.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Scholar
THANKS POST
#27 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 9:52 PM
nice!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 10:28 PM
Yay!
Theorist
#29 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 11:09 PM
Just came back to say how wonderful the sky looks from lot view (especially at night) with this fix. Thanks again!

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 24th Dec 2015 at 1:16 AM
THANK YOU! I thought that the problem was on my computer at first. But you've saved me.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#31 Old 24th Dec 2015 at 9:32 PM
Wow this made me realize how I completely forgot there used to be a sun in my pre-seasons game. Thanks!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#32 Old 24th Dec 2015 at 10:27 PM
Finally! I remember pointing out this problem back in the day, and trying to fix it myself to no avail... I am so glad someone did.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#33 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 1:42 AM
Oh yeah, putting this one in right now...
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#34 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 4:54 AM
Amazing! The difference is fantastic!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#35 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 8:12 PM
Awesome - thank you so much! I'm so happy to see the moon and stars again! I've missed them for a long time.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#36 Old 26th Dec 2015 at 6:59 PM
The moon, sun and stars. Nice to see them in the Sims sky. Thank you!

By the way, these look fine without the Gunmod mod. :)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#37 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 5:35 PM
That's a great addition we really need more realisms skies thank you so much.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#38 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 6:55 PM
That's so cool! I didn't even know there were actual stars in TS2, since I've been playing a complete set for years. Thank you!

I have a question, though: while the sun/stars do appear in lot view now, I can't get the neighborhood skybox to show up. I have neighbors and neighborhood deco turned on, view/fade distances are set to "extra large"; the only graphic setting that isn't maxed is shadows, which I have set to medium. I downloaded the EP6+ version and have all EPs/SPs. What could be the reason behind this?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#39 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 3:13 PM
Thanks for this. I'm so glad to have the sky back in my game.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#40 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 4:09 PM
This has been bothering me for so long. I've made a few attempts to fix it with no success. Thank you so much for bringing the sky back!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 2:09 AM
Thank you so much for your hard work!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#42 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 7:38 PM
Finally the sky is fixed. You are a genius Nopoke!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 1st Jan 2016 at 4:37 PM
You are awesome!!!!! Modders like you reinforce why sims 2 is still the best!
Instructor
Original Poster
#44 Old 1st Jan 2016 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Queen of France
[...] I can't get the neighborhood skybox to show up.

What skybox do you use?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 1st Jan 2016 at 7:53 PM Last edited by jerryking : 6th Jan 2016 at 4:07 PM.
Thanks so much for this. Another great mod by a great Simmer!
Edit: Had a game crash, am using Gunmod Camera Mod.
Second Edit: Tried again copying the Enhanced Camera Mod over the Gunmod one and everything seems fine for now.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 1st Jan 2016 at 8:30 PM Last edited by Queen of France : 1st Jan 2016 at 9:13 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nopke
What skybox do you use?

The same one you used in your previews - The Great Sky of Totalitarianism by Lowedus.

EDIT: I just figured out what it was! I was always looking at the lot when zoomed all the way out using a camera hack, so I was outside of lot boundaries. I just loaded a 5x6 lot, and realised I can see the skydome, as long as my camera is within lot bounds. I tend to play with tiny lots, so I never realized.
Test Subject
#47 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 9:27 PM
I have some bad news that occured with me. After using this mod, my... how can I call.... it.... Those three bars about the Sims lifetime wishes and their desires, one of the bars disappeared! I tested removing this SkyFix, and the bar is back.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#48 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 11:51 PM
I saw a shooting star in Strangetown thanks to this mod! I saw it as Pascal Curious was being abducted by aliens. This mod and your sim shadow fix mod have added so much to my Sims' world. So glad that people like you are still working to make TS2 the most enjoyable experience for all of us.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 13th Jan 2016 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@ Nopke I would love to try your camera mod if you should upload it.

I just wanted to pop in to second this!!

Thank you so much for the mods, Nopke.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 5:54 PM
Lowedeus shared his camera mod.
You can try it out while waiting for SimNopke's camera mod.
Page 2 of 4