Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#1601 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 12:50 PM
Default Sports EP
Ok, I'm sure someone has already mentioned this idea, but I think a great EP should be sports related encluding sports such as wrestling and grappling, swim teams, baseball, football, soccer, basket ball teams etc for child thru adult.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#1602 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 5:30 AM
Has noone made a thread about this or am I just blind? http://thesims.com/en_GB/the-sims-3-70s-80s-90s-stuff

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#1603 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 6:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ive
Has noone made a thread about this or am I just blind? http://thesims.com/en_GB/the-sims-3-70s-80s-90s-stuff
That thread is right here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=488813
Test Subject
#1604 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 9:39 PM
Well, I don't have anything specific on the top of my head, but at least I know I might want something a bit more original.

It's not that I'm not counting my dollars for the new Seasons expansion pack, but I've noticed that a lot of the expansion packs for the Sims 3 have been something we've already seen before in the Sims series (i.e Late Night=Sims 2: Nightlife/Sims: Superstar). Of course, I would want a University expansion! But I'm also hoping for something that hasn't come to the Sims just yet. c:

I liked starhenge's idea about sports. I don't want an entire expansion just about sports, but perhaps that could be a feature in an expansion pack. Then again, I know I've already seen a basketball hoop in the Sims 3 store. I actually don't buy things from there though. :p
Field Researcher
#1605 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlphaDogMJP
(i.e Late Night=Sims 2: Nightlife/Sims: Superstar)

You mean The Sims: Hot Date? :p
Test Subject
#1606 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shadedgrey63
You mean The Sims: Hot Date? :p

Well, yeah. That too.
Test Subject
#1607 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 10:47 PM
one of my ideas is: The Sims 3 Marine Voyages (?)
where your sims can go on aquatic adventures underwater... and do missions that involve going out on the seas ( bad grammar haha )
Test Subject
#1608 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 7:52 PM
sims 3 university
Instructor
#1609 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGamingExpert
sims 3 university

That one is all but confirmed for the next EP. They have both been leaks and hints about it.
Top Secret Researcher
#1610 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 1:08 AM
I want a pantry and more in depth cooking

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Test Subject
#1611 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 8:21 PM
All of my further ideas are just stuff they should have had/imroved in expansion packs...

I kind of wish Seasons' soccer could have been approved, since as far as I know so far, the Soccer is more a one-on-one game, right? I wish it could have been more team-on-team games; similar to the water-balloon fights where you could have a giant circle of Sims playing.

Then again, knowing EA, that might have been a bit too difficult for them...
Lab Assistant
#1612 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 1:11 PM
Open for Business. Is there any chance at all we might get the successor to what was possibly one of the best expansion packs of Sims 2? It was actually quite well-made for a change and had some thought put into it.
Mad Poster
#1613 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 9:37 PM
If we do, hopefully it will be without the employee uniform glitch that gave all employees the same face and no eyebrows.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#1614 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 1:06 PM
Are you kidding? The surreal eyebrow-less clones were the best part!
Test Subject
#1615 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 5:31 PM
Lab Assistant
#1616 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 7:54 PM
OMFG... I cannot take it anymore!!!!!!!! EA needs to announce this NOW!

CHECK out The Real Simwives of Starlight Shores!: http://www.youtube.com/realsimwivesHD
Test Subject
#1617 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 8:00 PM Last edited by babasonicof : 20th Dec 2012 at 9:28 PM.
Lab Assistant
#1618 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 8:13 PM
Yes, I saw those pics! UGH I am not happy that we have to wait until January 8th for the 'official' announcement.

CHECK out The Real Simwives of Starlight Shores!: http://www.youtube.com/realsimwivesHD
Mad Poster
#1619 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 8:54 PM
I've just had a horrible, horrible idea about how they could impliment this.
As I can only see two of those pictures since the rest are "not available, or do not exist" I don't know if they prove me wrong but it's just occurred to me that universities could simply be a new type of rabbithole, like schools, that student Sims run to for classes with a new Dormitory residential lot type for them to live on.

Test Subject
#1620 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 9:04 PM
Or maybe it's a shell
Forum Resident
#1621 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
...but it's just occurred to me that universities could simply be a new type of rabbithole, like schools, that student Sims run to for classes with a new Dormitory residential lot type for them to live on.

I'm not seeing the downside... Well, except maybe aesthetically, since a nice university campus shouldn't be just one rabbit hole building but a larger...er, campus of many buildings. Who wants to sit through Sim-classes? The other buildings that were in TS2 University that made up the campuses are ones we already have (and better versions, too, in some cases) or don't need: gym, grocery store, library, clothing shop, "bar" of some kind, and a student union that wasn't anything in particular (multipurpose place to study, eat, play), plus the dorms and rentable houses. Rabbit holes for classes, lot types for dorms, rentable houses, maybe Greek houses, and a student union-- what else do you really need?
Mad Poster
#1622 Old 21st Dec 2012 at 10:47 PM
Actually, reading back what I wrote, and now being able to see the pictures, I don't know what I was complaining about. I've never minded rabbitholes. I think maybe it's the possibility of having to find yet ANOTHER lot large enough to place ANOTHER new rabbithole. Unless they come in their own world like the vacation worlds with a loading screen to access them. I wouldn't mind that.

Top Secret Researcher
#1623 Old 21st Dec 2012 at 11:10 PM
I've just had a horrible, horrible idea about how they could impliment this.
As I can only see two of those pictures since the rest are "not available, or do not exist" I don't know if they prove me wrong but it's just occurred to me that universities could simply be a new type of rabbithole, like schools, that student Sims run to for classes with a new Dormitory residential lot type for them to live on.

I think that is exactly how it will be, except I expect more than one rabbithole. I wonder if only young adults will be able to attend college, or if I will be able to send adults and elders to further their educations.

I keep telling myself that I will stop giving EA my money because, to date, every TS3 EP has disappointed me even though I refuse to get my hopes up for any of them; but I'll more than likely buy University on release and then be disappointed with it as well.
Mad Poster
#1624 Old 22nd Dec 2012 at 1:34 PM
That's something else I don't understand; why do they call it University when I have only ever heard Americans refer to it as college? Even in TS2 University, once you were in game all of the text referred to "college" not university. In the UK they are two completely different things; you go to college first and then can choose to carry on into university.

Forum Resident
#1625 Old 22nd Dec 2012 at 1:59 PM Last edited by olomaya : 22nd Dec 2012 at 3:53 PM.
That's something else I don't understand; why do they call it University when I have only ever heard Americans refer to it as college? Even in TS2 University, once you were in game all of the text referred to "college" not university. In the UK they are two completely different things; you go to college first and then can choose to carry on into university.

Going to "college" and referring to "college" is a generic term for undergraduate education at a university or college (in America, both are post-secondary). If you only did your Masters at Harvard, you wouldn't say "I went to college at Harvard" because that implies that you were an undergraduate there. Postgraduate work is typically defined by the specific degree, e.g. "I studied my Masters/MBA/PhD at such and such University".

The main distinction between a college and university in America is that universities have both undergraduate and graduate studies whereas colleges only have the former. That's the easiest way to distinguish it but again, that's not a strict rule since there are some colleges that have postgrad education. My (forgot to add "friend") did her MSc at Dartmouth College, which is a university. So TS2 University really wasn't a university but a college unless there was some kind of postgraduate area that was off-limits to our Sims!

It's somewhat similar to Oxbridge and Durham which have colleges in the university.
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: no more EPS :(
Page 65 of 67