Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
#26 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 8:53 PM
FP! Thats awesome!
I'm really glad I saw this, and you even have the Ocean Drive!

Very well done,
-ElCamino
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#27 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 9:06 PM
Wow, thanks so much for the comments! Appreciate it!

I actually did a lot from the last time I posted some pics, but it's not that noticeable. I replaced and added buildings. Made some new "rivers' in the city. I also did the water change for the whole neighborhood. That was extremely annoying, and I was actually going to give up. It took me about 7 hours to fix all the water. But I am very happy because it looks stunning in the game. I tried recreating that grass I'mSimalicious!, but I just couldn't get it. And I lowered the water tower kiwi_tea.

So I tested it actually in game with my sim, and just have some fun/pretty screens for you guys!

New decor lighthouse:

Sunset overview of City:

My sim overlooking the ocean:

My simmie sleeping at the "hotel's" beach:
Theorist
#28 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 10:48 PM
Forum Resident
#29 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 11:02 PM
Looks really Fresh. Good job!

Over here:

I'm thinking the grass should slope in a little more. I think it's too much of a steep drop.

But other than that, from what I can see, the right side looks really good.

"Don't be a Hater
Be a Lover"
- A wise man
--------------------------
Call me Simalicious, ImSim, or Chris!
Banned
#30 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 11:30 PM
I just realized something. How the heck are you adding these buildings in CAW?
Forum Resident
#31 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 12:40 PM
*agrees about sloping grass*
Yeah, Apart from that, the right side looks great.

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 2:37 PM
Looks incredible, great job

VISIT MY NEW SITE hudy777DeSign
Forum Resident
#33 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 1:28 AM
Oh, and Fresh-Prince, did you ever fix the bridges I talked about before? I can't tell.

Oh, and I noticed you fixed the intersections. It looks great.

BTW, what should I call you? Fresh? Prince? FP? Lol, Fresh-Prince is too long to type out.

"Don't be a Hater
Be a Lover"
- A wise man
Scholar
Original Poster
#34 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 1:58 AM
Thanks guys again! :D

I'mSimalicious!, I'll call you Chris since that's easier,lol. You can call me FP if you'd like, it's much easier to type.

For the bridges, I decided to have that rock texture around it.

Here's a pic of the idea of it. And I'm not able to remove the land underneath it.

Forum Resident
#35 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 2:05 AM
That looks much more realistic than the grass. Much better, FP.

And the water still looks amazing.

So now you need to finish the sloping to sea level.

BTW, what's your plan with building? Are you planning on building houses for the whole island? Just the main community parts?

"Don't be a Hater
Be a Lover"
- A wise man
Scholar
Original Poster
#36 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 2:13 AM
Thanks!

I'm going to try sloping the edges, but I don't know how well it will go. That was the problems I was have with the water, it was creating holes in it.

Well, my plan is to completely build the whole island, which is going to take a long time. I'm probably not going to leave many empty lots to import your own custom lots into. I want it to be a full neighborhood that you could in a sense play instantly. Although I did hear that there is a lot limit of 100, but I hope thats not true, since I already have over 70,lol.
Forum Resident
#37 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 2:34 AM Last edited by I'mSimalicious! : 5th Jan 2010 at 2:55 AM.
Well, if your still having problems with the sloping, make a thread at the CAW forum.
Quote:
Well, my plan is to completely build the whole island, which is going to take a long time. I'm probably not going to leave many empty lots to import your own custom lots into. I want it to be a full neighborhood that you could in a sense play instantly. Although I did hear that there is a lot limit of 100, but I hope thats not true, since I already have over 70,lol.
That sounds GREAT!

Will you be making some GFA sims too? And looking at the bridge, don't forget to put railing/fencing/barriers/whatever on the other side.

"Don't be a Hater
Be a Lover"
- A wise man
Forum Resident
#38 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 1:03 PM
Yeah, High railings running along the edges of the bridge would be really nice.

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Scholar
Original Poster
#39 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 11:09 PM
I do also plan to make some GTA sims, but that will be later on.

I know about the other side, I was just getting tired and didn't feel like doing the other side yet

The only two fences I can put on the bridge are those in the picture, the guardrail, and then the beach fence. So I dont have much variety. :D
Scholar
#40 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 11:13 PM
Wow this looks amasing. You are amasing at this!
one thing to consider: would the large amount of lots slow the game and/or instalation of the world?

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Where I've been hiding...
Forum Resident
#41 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 11:55 PM
Oh, no the guardrail is fine. I was just pointing out that you only have it on one side. :P

And maybe you should start working on Vice Point? That seems like fun to build. From wikipedia:

Quote:
Vice Point

Vice Point is a more middle class and residential area of Vice Beach, covering the remaining areas of the island at the north, and consisting of larger apartment buildings and hotels aligned along the shore as well as medium sized homes and smaller apartment complexes inland. This set-up resembles the rows of developments along Collins Avenue in Miami Beach, as well as the residential set-up of that city.

The North Point Mall (known as Vice Point Mall in GTA:VCS), a large mall located in the north end of Vice Point and accessible by the player, is a parody of Miami's Aventura Mall. Its location in the northeastern most point of the east island is similar to Aventura Mall's location in the extreme northeastern most point of the Miami Metro Area. The mall's layout, though much smaller, also resembles that of Aventura Mall. The mall, among others, contains a few eateries, as well as two weapons stores and a clothing pickup.

The Malibu Club is situated on southern Vice Point. A police department is also located further north, as is another hospital.

Be aware that there's also a section between Vice Point and Ocean Beach. This has like everything you need to know about Vice Beach:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vice_City#Vice_Beach

BTW, you know what's funny? I have such interest in this project, yet I've never touched the game in my life.

This is inspiring me to a) vacation in Miami one day and to b) get the game.

"Don't be a Hater
Be a Lover"
- A wise man
Wiki Wizard
#42 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 9:17 AM Last edited by Deluxe Designs : 6th Jan 2010 at 9:42 AM.
Oh wow FP, this is STUNNING! how are you doing this all by yourself, seriously impressive! i LOVE the colours, the shape of your island is perfect and your buildings are spectacular! :lovestruc

Also how did you make those really tall colourful buildings? did you build them all and are they all furnished or are they new rabbit holes? or just massive empty buildings? i am intrigued :P

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Forum Resident
#43 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 8:45 PM
This world is going to be great for driving in. Too bad our sims can't race each other although it is fun to watch the faster cars running through taxis and limo's. And I love the high-rises, it really makes the city work.

By the way, I just wanted mention that my world had 116 lots so you can go over 100. However, it was eating up a lot of memory. So, yeah, just passing that on EA might have had a good reason for the 100 lot limit, but then again, it might also depend on how complex your world is to begin with as well as the type of buildings you build on the lots.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 9:24 PM
Are you going to upload it without sims already in there?
Test Subject
#45 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 12:02 AM
How'd you change the water color?
Test Subject
#46 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 6:21 PM
Wow this is so cool!
Forum Resident
#48 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 3:44 PM
Are you still working on this, FP?

"Don't be a Hater
Be a Lover"
- A wise man
Scholar
#49 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 4:42 PM
You know what?
Your pictures make we want to play! I will install GTA immediately.
It looks so coooooooool.
Instructor
#50 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 5:18 PM
This looks fantastic. I can't wait for the finished result
Locked thread
Page 2 of 30