Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 12:50 AM
Default only baby boys?
I have been playing a new family and i wanted one of the kids to be a girl. Well the first one was a boy so I decided to try again and made the sim eat lots of watermelon actually on both pregnancies and the second baby is a boy as well. I added a girl baby through a mod, but I am wondering if this is a glitch? I looked around the town and it look like there is 2 baby girls in another family and lots of boy and girl children through town. Maybe my sim was just meant to have boys. i am going to try again after she works on her job a little and the other babies age up a little bit.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 9:08 PM
My latest legacy's founders both have the LTW of having 5 babies-to-teens. It took 'til the third kid for them to have a girl, and I'm betting their last two are gonna be boys again ^_^ My last 3 families have all had boys as well, but the one before that had all girls. So, I dunno. Then again, I've only had two families since installing Generations. And there seem to be girls in the neighborhood as the boys do have girl friends (they're still kids, no girlfriends yet ).

Quid agis, medice?

My nickname is Purple Ginger
My nickname's nickname is Ping
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 9:13 PM
Two in a row isn't really much of a pattern. Eating watermelon doesn't make it 100% that you'll get a boy - maximum chance is 65% from eating 3 pieces of watermelon. Doesn't sound like a glitch to me - just keep trying. Sometimes you end up with a string of the same gender.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#4 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Two in a row isn't really much of a pattern. Eating watermelon doesn't make it 100% that you'll get a boy - maximum chance is 65% from eating 3 pieces of watermelon.
Judging by the code and tuning, 100% is possible by having the sim eat 5 pieces of watermelon/apple. And doesn't lead watermelon to girls and apple to boys anyway?

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 9:19 PM
Right, I meant not 100% that you'll get a girl. My brain is frazzled today Coulda sworn it was only 65% max from the code though - maybe it's changed. *shrugs*
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 5:22 AM
I think it's just a quirk of the game. I was playing one of my earliest families, and they ended up having almost twelve children--both parents had fertility treatment so multiples were pretty much a given--and until the last two were born, they had all girls. my girl sim didn't eat anything different when she was pregnant, just went about her normal everyday, but sure enough it seemed like every kid was a girl.
Test Subject
#7 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 4:06 AM
Isn't it Story Progression trying to even the numbers out? Sure, you can attempt to influence it but sometimes it doesn't work. But I remember reading somewhere (don't ask me where, it was awhile ago) that EA's story progression tried to keep the numbers even gender-wise, or you could end up with a town with too many of one sex.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 3:11 AM
I don't know nadzicle, i've disabled EA's story progression and have Twallan's and i'm noticing the same problem. My sim has had 4 consecutive baby boys! I'm kind of annoyed. She wanted a girl so badly, but didn't want to end up with 5 or more kids to do it! No girls yet.. still trying, and will keep trying until she gets one!!

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 3:19 AM
Are there more girls than boys in town? I have Twallans SP as well and my family kept having boys. Could be a Twallan glitch. I don't know, all I know is it was an unpopulated town (i was doing a challenge) and my two girls had two boys, then the next gen had another boy, so on and so forth until I got master controller and made an instant girl baby out of irritation. Lol.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 3:34 AM
I did delete all the sims from town before starting my family lol.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Test Subject
#11 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spotlight-shure
I did delete all the sims from town before starting my family lol.

If you have Twallan's story progression you can just go into the edit options for pregnancy on the sims computer, I think it is under household, and change the gender option to girl. That's what I do. Also you should check under there and see if one of the options for gender is set to balanced. I imagine that could be part of the problem perhaps? Though if you don't want every pregnant sim having girls you need to change it back to either when you are done or do it through master controller otherwise every sim baby born in town will be a girl O.o.
Test Subject
#12 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 4:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amaira
If you have Twallan's story progression you can just go into the edit options for pregnancy on the sims computer, I think it is under household, and change the gender option to girl. That's what I do. Also you should check under there and see if one of the options for gender is set to balanced. I imagine that could be part of the problem perhaps? Though if you don't want every pregnant sim having girls you need to change it back to either when you are done or do it through master controller otherwise every sim baby born in town will be a girl O.o.

My town kept having baby boys even though I had twallan's sp on "balance" and i found out from reading the forums that setting it to "balance" accounts all age grps, so i assumed i had an abundance of Female YA and Adults but it was still unbalance because the baby boys would grow up to YA but all the females would have been elders or died by then and now i have an overpopulation of MEN! So i had to manually change twallan's pregnancy to female genders for a little and then switch it back to male until the genders balanced out. Now the setting is on "either" which seems to work better than "balance."
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 2:29 PM
if you use twalians mod you can use mastercontroll panel to edit the sim and change its sex to girl/boy.you ca also use his debug opt to spawn a sim of your choice,and edit it as well in cas.you will need his debug,master controle, cheats,intergrated,story progresion,dresser,error,overwatch,mods
all of these mods has a job,over watch cleans up the mess,error mod resets the sim if something gose wrong,and dresser automaticly correct cloths parts that went bad.his site is here,http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ you do not need to be a member to download, even if you sign up for wiki you still cannot get membership unless you are helping him beta test new mods.so theres no hassle to download.
if you have thes mod hold shift and click on the sim the option will come up edit sim in cas
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 2:42 PM
yes cas works, i used it gosh a million times? if you have the require mods from twallan it will fix your problem,it will go into user,doc,electronic arts the sims 3,mods,package.you will need a new config file if you are not useing his mods yet.search ih site well, there is links that will take you were you need to go.Id sugest the custom launcher from,here http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=408296
use the custom launcher,cc magic dose not work for every one,if it works it will be a better management system,in my case it did not load my mods. there is a 2 mod file limint so do not exceed 2 gb of mod files.so store mods are not a very good ideal you sould be able to rename it to an exe file and move it into sims3 downloads in your doc folder and load it via by the launcer.it worked for me. custom the sims 3 will only load the first two modfiles or two modfile it chooses as default anything on 3 and up will not load,i found that out really fast when my no meteor mod failed.this happend to me a lot.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 9:15 PM
Dunno if its been mentioned or not but I have tested this an it works every time:

Female asks Male to Try for Baby = Baby Boy

Male asks Female to Try for Baby = Baby Girl

No need to eat Watermelons (it would hurt though) for a Baby Boy then if you do it this way. Hope this helps an like I said I've tested this and it in fact works.
Alchemist
#16 Old 3rd Sep 2013 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mermaidofthenile
Dunno if its been mentioned or not but I have tested this an it works every time:

Female asks Male to Try for Baby = Baby Boy

Male asks Female to Try for Baby = Baby Girl

No need to eat Watermelons (it would hurt though) for a Baby Boy then if you do it this way. Hope this helps an like I said I've tested this and it in fact works.

It's just a myth and has been going on since The Sims 2. Nothing makes who initiates the interaction a factor.

Just call me Nikel
Mad Poster
#17 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 4:10 AM
How would that explain twins of different genders?

On that note...one time I had expectant parents, father wanted a boy, mother wanted a girl. I locked the wishes in, so *someone* will get 5000 points.

They had a girl. I planned on letting them have another child, so I kept the father's boy wish in the slot.

Mom got pregnant again. This time Dad wanted a girl, Mom wanted a boy. So I locked those wishes in...so Dad had wishes for a boy AND a girl.

They wound up with twins, boy and girl! I might add that at the time of the birth, the father, who had the Lucky trait, was Feeling Lucky. Win win win!

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Test Subject
#18 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 11:34 PM
I gave him eating watermelon, a my sim at the time they got pregnant,I always get girl, 3 more pieces,
1 Once I forgot at the time y I fed several pieces of watermelon the next day and national child
Forum Resident
#19 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 1:39 AM
How did you get boy and girl twins? I heard that at least under EA progression, twins are either both boys or both girls.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
just a girl
#20 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 1:45 AM
Quote:
I heard that at least under EA progression, twins are either both boys or both girls.

Nope. I don't use mods and got twins of different genders.
Test Subject
#21 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monkeygirl351
I have been playing a new family and i wanted one of the kids to be a girl. Well the first one was a boy so I decided to try again and made the sim eat lots of watermelon actually on both pregnancies and the second baby is a boy as well. I added a girl baby through a mod, but I am wondering if this is a glitch? I looked around the town and it look like there is 2 baby girls in another family and lots of boy and girl children through town. Maybe my sim was just meant to have boys. i am going to try again after she works on her job a little and the other babies age up a little bit.
i have the same problem my sims can only get a girl if it's their first baby otherwise they only get boys (and alot of the times even the first is a boy) it annoys me as it's just no fun if my sims can only have boys and even if i give the mother tons of watermelon they still get a boy (and i'm not using mods to stop that from working i only have master controller, story progression and a few other mods that don't have anything to do with children)
One Minute Ninja'd
#22 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by flippyhptf
i have the same problem my sims can only get a girl if it's their first baby otherwise they only get boys (and alot of the times even the first is a boy) it annoys me as it's just no fun if my sims can only have boys and even if i give the mother tons of watermelon they still get a boy (and i'm not using mods to stop that from working i only have master controller, story progression and a few other mods that don't have anything to do with children)
emp. added

Story Progression has various settings that control pregnancy, both under pregnancy as well as under immigration/emigration, allowing for choices such as balanced population growth (lots of males in your town, then lots of females will be born and/or be spawned during immigration, although obviously it will take them time for births to mature if the age differentials are great), random (equal proposition male/female for every pregnancy regardless of the current population balance), male only, or female only. In addition, there are settings for whether same sex couples have children only of matching gender as well. So you do "have mods" that have a lot to do with children, and checking those settings might be helpful.

Especially before resurrecting another prehistoric thread. Just sayin'.