Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 3:40 PM
Default It's MeetMe Tricou safe?
Hii!! I'm a fan of the Tricou family and I want to send a sim to live in the House of the Fallen Tree...but it's safe? I use MeetMe fixed template of Downtown, so it's safe to play in that house and ressurect Gvendolyn and her cousin?
I don't want to do anything without being sure that isn't safe... I love too much my uberhood!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 5:21 PM
I suppose it depends what you mean by "safe". As far as I know the Sims buried there all have full character data, so it should be possible to resurrect them without it causing corruption. But is the House really safe? Well, Fricorith and Gvaudoin Tricou both died there as teens, so it doesn't seem to have been much of a place of safety for them. And Rainelle Neengia seems to have died there as a fairly young adult, possibly scared to death by the ghosts of Fricorith and Gvaudoin, so it really wasn't very safe for her either. The place seems to have got a reputation for its inhabitants dying young, which may be the reason why it has lain empty for so long. That and the rather high asking price.

A little while ago there was some talk in my neighbourhood of some of the Tricou teens getting together to buy the House of Fallen Trees, and running it as a Tricou Museum. But my friend Ravi Bertino, an illegitimate child of the late Jon Smith Tricou, who lives with his boyfriend Jack in a little house on Mendoza Lane, very close to the House of Fallen Trees, said, "Wild horses couldn't get me to stay even one night in that house. There be ghaisties there!" He then added, "And I can think of better ways of spending eighty five thousand Simoleons!" (Ravi may be better known to you as Patrick Teens.)

Sorry Xirem26 if the unusual style of my posts confuses you. I suppose regulars in this forum are used to it. I make very little distinction between my real life and my Sims' lives. I generally treat my Sims as my friends, and Ravi is one of my best friends. I often have imaginary conversations with him.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 8:16 PM
In my opinion the name of that house speak for itself "House Of The Fallen Tree" it depend on if you want your Sims to live a better longer life. I don't know if that house is safe or not.

NOTE: More discussions about that house by members here https://modthesims.info/t/478109 and more about it here https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/House_of_Fallen_Trees

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Theorist
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
In my opinion the name of that house speak for itself "House Of The Fallen Tree" it depend on if you want your Sims to live a better longer life. I don't know if that house is safe or not.

NOTE: More discussions about that house by members here https://modthesims.info/t/478109 and more about it here https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/House_of_Fallen_Trees

The house is 100% safe for Sims. Only because it has a spooky name doesn't mean your Sims are suddenly gonna drop dead for no apparent reason. And it doesn't have any "bad luck" curse or anything either ( the creators of the game never thought of ideas like that)

The only things that are different about the House of Fallen Trees is that it has a special kind of lighting dark makes it appear more gloomy and that there's some graves, which are easily enough moved if you don't want ghosts.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xirem26
I use MeetMe fixed template of Downtown, so it's safe to play in that house and ressurect Gvendolyn and her cousin?

The whole point of using fixed templates is so that we're "safe" and that the hoods don't start out corrupt. If meetme says it's safe to resurrect those ghosts, I would assume it is in fact safe.
Alchemist
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 9:15 PM
I cleaned an empty House of Fallen Trees. If you're concerned, you can switch it out for the other. https://sunradersimblr.tumblr.com/p...of-fallen-trees
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 10:54 PM
I've played a family there without any problems, unless you count the abduction of a teen kept in the basement... (he was rescued).
Forum Resident
#8 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 9:50 AM
Aside from the occasional empty Want slot, the Tricous have played completely normal in my game. (Townies that have been moved in sometimes have an empty Want slot when I load the game, but it goes away eventually. No idea what causes it, but it's not dangerous.) I think that family was even safe to ressurrect in the base game.

Of course as others have said, they might be a bit dangerous to the rest of your sims. My headcanon has always been that they're a family of vampires and were killed by an angry mob.