Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#551 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Some gloomy pictures from Lacuna Delta

Simsample, your hoods are genuinely glorious. I'm shamelessly going to steal the design of that eatery - I hope you don't mind! It looks FANTASTIC! I am a brick-fiend when it comes to my cities (must be the English in me) and I'm madly in love with your factory town.
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#552 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 1:47 AM
Oh wow, I LOVE that open air sidewalk diner!!! <3

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
#553 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 7:05 AM
@Sechmet-The-Lazy-Cat,

That hood, Zabudkov, is pure gloriousness! Wow! I absolutely love it and am honestly not sure if I could pull it off to be honest. Might be beyond my skillset. :-/

~Livestreams and Livesimming served up with a soupçon of silly and a whole lot of story.~

http://www.youtube.com/TheJessaChannel

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#554 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 9:48 PM
@TheJessaChannel I agreed with you about Zabudkov but not about your skillset! You could pull off anything you wanted to try- besides, Kettle Falls already looks phenomenal!

Quote: Originally posted by terula8
I'm shamelessly going to steal the design of that eatery - I hope you don't mind!

I'm pretty sure I stole that from someone else anyway (most stuff I build is influenced by what I see here on MTS). I've been making tiny lots with the open sided local chef eateries for a long time- there's at least one in Bluehaven and I build that a looong time ago. Thanks for the nice compliment!

@Charmful *Hugs* :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#555 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 2:34 PM Last edited by Sechmet-The-Lazy-Cat : 19th Aug 2018 at 4:51 PM.
@TheJessaChannel
@simsample

Thank you so much! I started working on that neighbourhood about year and a half ago. Sometimes I didn't touch it for months, and sometimes I kept fiddling with it for weeks after new content came out. I learned a lot about hood building in that time. Most of the lots are jodeliejodelie's Veronaville makeovers though. They fit perfectly with the theme I had in mind.

I took some close ups.

EDIT: I played around in photoshop and tried to make an old photograph.
Forum Resident
#556 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 4:36 PM Last edited by didyouevenmakeasound : 21st Aug 2018 at 4:47 PM.
I love what @simsample does with hood pictures - the whole focus-on-one-thing-in-the-foreground thing. So I tried it myself with my hood Springvale!
....it looks nowhere near as good, though.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#557 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 10:07 PM
@Sechmet-The-Lazy-Cat Lovely pictures- your neighbourhood is very pretty! You chose the right picture to make into an old photograph- it looks right out of the 50s!

@didyouevenmakeasound Very nice- that neighbourhood looks intriguing! And a lot more cheerful than mine! I like to play around with the post processing effects mod.

Ah, I managed to find a nice, pretty, pastoral scene from my neighbourhood.

(Later) WTF...

Screenshots
Test Subject
#558 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 8:39 PM
I love theese!

This is my neighborhood GrycolSprings and as you can see I haven't finished it yet, but i will...someday......hopefully........
Screenshots
Instructor
#559 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 6:59 PM
@TheJessaChannel I agreed with you about Zabudkov but not about your skillset! You could pull off anything you wanted to try- besides, Kettle Falls already looks phenomenal!

I'm pretty sure I stole that from someone else anyway (most stuff I build is influenced by what I see here on MTS). I've been making tiny lots with the open sided local chef eateries for a long time- there's at least one in Bluehaven and I build that a looong time ago. Thanks for the nice compliment!

@Charmful *Hugs* :lovestruc

You should know Simsample that I downloaded that hood and is what I use as mt main hood which I renamed to Raven Hill and attached Plasticbox's hoods to. I'm currently on Generation 1 and 2 at the moment.

So Thank you Simsample for the hood:lovestruc:lovestruc
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#560 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 7:40 PM
@NewSimgirl2011 I'm glad you are having fun with it! I like plasticbox's hoods too.
Instructor
#561 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 7:47 PM Last edited by NewSimgirl2011 : 25th Aug 2018 at 8:22 PM.
Top Secret Researcher
#562 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 10:25 PM
I've been in the process of building a new hood using a SC4 terrain I created for the game. I named it Jade Lake. It's going to feature plenty of greenery throughout the neighborhood.

I just noticed the Majhong tables ate the tables I had under them.

The City Hall is by Stoffelsim here at MTS
The Fire/Police Department are by Larsson1979 here at MTS
The Courthouse is by Dacycko, also here at MTS.
The Bespoke Build Set will be a staple throughout the neighborhood.

So far what I've built myself is the train station, the Post Office, the two "Commons" lots, and the Marina. There is a library where I went off using a similar plan from Daycko's courthouse.
Screenshots

Scholar
#563 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 2:14 AM
Think I need advice on taking decent hood pics. What camera mods do people use to get the low angle perspectives? My hood cam allows close zooming, but pressing tab screws it all up. And with skyboxes, they all appear pixelated once I'm at the right angle, even Criquettes.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#564 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 10:43 AM
It takes practice to move the Tab camera around. Use the arrow keys to position the camera. Q lowers it. E raises it. Move the mouse to rotate the camera.

I use TheJessaChannel's neighborhood camera. Lowedeus included it in his camera mod compilation.

http://lowedeus.tumblr.com/post/137...mod-compilation
Scholar
#565 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 2:12 AM
Ah, Q and E is what I needed but didn't know about. Thanks.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#566 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 10:15 PM
More alien invasions in Lacuna D:
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#567 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 6:12 PM

I love when that happens in NHood view. Why do you think it happens? Like, the UFO is fuelling from the fumes of the cooling tower?

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#568 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 7:42 PM
As an engineer, I like to think that the space ship is checking the weld quality on the tower. But the kid inside of me just thinks they like the flashy lights around the top.
Test Subject
#569 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 8:24 PM

I didn't even know that could happen in The Sims 2 xD and I have been playing for like forever...
Inventor
#570 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 5:33 AM
some WIP pics of my story hood, no aerial shot until I finish it. This is part 1 of 3 neighborhoods I'm creating, so this is the 'western' and more rural part of the neighborhood (never mind the awkward sloping road in the last pic, I got it fixed) before I move on to the 'downtown' and 'eastern' area

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Lab Assistant
#571 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 11:31 PM
I’ve been in the mood for some hood decorating recently, and here’s my take on a city neighborhood. All hood deco and most all buildings are downloaded; I’ve had more than enough with placing it all out! The terrain I’ve used is The Brille, but had to change the roads in order to fit in some of the large buildings and deco. As much as I love tweaking and adjusting in neighborhood mode, I have to say that I look forward to doing something else now My plan is to add it as a subhood for the hood I’m usually playing.

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#572 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 4:08 AM
@Batanau - Dulcinean-alien updated Deeleestuff's futuristic skyscrapers so that they have different looks for day and night.

https://dulcinean-alien.tumblr.com/...-deco-buildings
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#573 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 2:41 PM
Mad Poster
#574 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 8:07 PM Last edited by HarVee : 25th Jan 2019 at 11:21 PM.

Some horses grazing.

Azalea Acres suffered an earthquake which has knocked down the rocks of its famous landmark rock called the 'Azalea Sharpie' (named after the famous marker brand, as the rock before the collapse looked like one) blocking and closing down the shoddy old bridge.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#575 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 11:17 PM Last edited by HarVee : 25th Jan 2019 at 11:16 PM.
Hillsborrow was originally an aboreal downtown 'hood parodying Urbzville in 2015, but I've since changed it to be a parody of Easter Island... with creative liberties of course. It keeps its downtown persona however. The lore of the 'hood has changed from being the urban development project of the Rivas family of Paradiso de Manana, to now being a tropical urban seat for Landgraab Industries funded colonies.

These are the mo'ai statues outside of Hillsborrow:

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Page 23 of 35