Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 8:05 PM Last edited by Numenor : 13th Oct 2007 at 6:05 PM.
Default Recolour Templates for APPLIANCES
Radiator grill for the expensive fridge - .PSD version

Tried my hand at re-colouring some of the expensive fridges and found that I needed a way to add the radiator grill to the back of the fridge. So I made a copy of the back of the fridge I was working on and cut away everything except the radiator grill. As it took quite a while (well over an hour), I saved it as a photoshop psd file and decided to share it with anyone who wants to re-colour the expensive fridge and save a bit of time. There are screen shots of the psd file as it appears in photoshop, how it appears after being pasted onto a fridge texture and how it appears on the back of a couple of fridges in the game. I hope someone finds this useful. Cheers.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  fridge back.zip (67.0 KB, 1054 downloads) - View custom content

When I'm all alone and blue as can be, dream a little dream of me.
38 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 11:46 PM Last edited by Numenor : 13th Oct 2007 at 6:25 PM. Reason: PNG image attached to post, for downloaders' convenience.
Radiator grill for the expensive fridge - .PNG version

this is brilliant, thankyou for sharing!!
i'm trying to recolor a stove at the moment, so i'll probably be able to return the favor and upload a template :-)

[update]
i've converted the .psd into a .png for those that do not have photoshop - hopefully wireless won't mind! you can download it >HERE<
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 1:10 AM Last edited by Numenor : 13th Oct 2007 at 6:25 PM. Reason: PNG image attached to post, for downloaders' convenience.
'Moderate' Stove

hello again all!
as promised, i've uploaded my stove template for you all
if you notice something missing or not quite right, please do tell me and i'll correct it straight away.

in future i will make templates for all the recolors i do, so i can share them with MTS2 and help to fill up the template section!

[UPDATE]
i've just noticed a few bits i should have marked out on this template - if you lay the template over your texture in photoshop and reduce opacity (which is how i use these templates btw), it's pretty obvious which bit is the button strip, but i've not marked it on the template. if i anyone finds this a major problem, let me know and i'll update it.
Screenshots