Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 5:52 AM
Signing up for More Awesome Than You?
I am in desperate need of help. I can't get into it, at all. No matter what I do, it says either that I'm a spammer, or that they don't recognize my answer.
The questions are:

What is the capital of Assyria?
&
What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

For Unladen Swallow,

I think I've gotten the correct answer, which is "African or European", correct me if I'm wrong, but even just simply browsing the web, I can't seem to get the correct answer for the first question.

How do you sign up?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 6:02 AM
well the point of those questions are so that they have people join their website who know how to look things up. you have to google the answers.. geez..

Assyria
Country
Assyria was a major Semitic kingdom or empire of the Ancient Near East, existing in various forms during a period of approximately nineteen centuries from circa 2500 BC to 605 BC, spanning the Early Bronze Age through to the late Iron Age. Wikipedia
Capitals: Assur, Nineveh
Government: Monarchy
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 6:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
well the point of those questions are so that they have people join their website who know how to look things up. you have to google the answers.. geez..

Assyria
Country
Assyria was a major Semitic kingdom or empire of the Ancient Near East, existing in various forms during a period of approximately nineteen centuries from circa 2500 BC to 605 BC, spanning the Early Bronze Age through to the late Iron Age. Wikipedia
Capitals: Assur, Nineveh
Government: Monarchy

thanks for trying, but noopee.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 6:10 AM
so the answer was neither Assur or Nineveh?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 6:14 AM
Okay, I found the solution.
You have to sign up with a fake email,
and the answer to the first question:
Ninevah
the answer to the second:
African or European?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 6:16 AM
so the answer was neither Assur or Nineveh?
http://www.modthesims.info/archive/...p?t-463013.html
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 6:39 AM
You don't need to sign up, just click the VIP area, go in and get what you need. You only need to sign up if you want to post. Do you really want to post there...?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
dodgy builder
#8 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 11:45 AM
Alchemist
#9 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 5:44 PM
Some say, if you don't know how to sign up, you're not ready to sign up. Part of it is true, like, why would you want to sign up? Do you absolutely need to post without getting eaten?

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
#10 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 11:40 AM
Unfortunately MATY has a tendency to point and laugh at everyone who is not in the "in" crowd over there. I love Monty Python and the Holy Grail, I saw it when it first came out, but it's a 40 year old movie, in English. Its jokes are not going to be common knowledge to anyone in a different age group or a different culture who hasn't and probably never will see the movie. I'm afraid it's just part of the whole atmosphere over there, which is defined as "We know everything about the game but if you ask a question you're an idiot." I avoid the place except for a few downloads. It's useless.
Scholar
#11 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 3:25 PM
If I were you, I wouldn't post anything there, pal.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#12 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 5:51 PM Last edited by babele44 : 19th Feb 2014 at 6:12 PM.
I don't know. I don't post a lot over there, unless there is something worth posting, like bug reports, but noone has so far picked a fight with me, the only one who tried was banned shortly afterwards due to assholery, and I am definitely not part of the in-crowd. I read the rules and I lurked a lot and so it became quite clear what to do there and what not.
And when it comes to registering: although I know Monty Python I am not a native English speaker, so I didn't know the answers either and googled them. The only mistake I made at first was with the capital of Assyria (it isn't Niniveh), but registering wasn't something I remember with horror.

I especially like the fights with the grammar police, in particualr those that go on for days about some linguistic pernicketiness (had to look that up, nice word ) where the grammar police is just as wrong as the original poster. Those hours of entertainment are priceless and of course I don't post in those threads. Leave them ignorant for the sake of moar fight

Edit: BTW, the V.I.P area doesn't take you anywhere, just a prompt to sign in, and neither does the Free area (it gives access to Pescado's mods only). One needs a link to the forums. In fact I only recently discovered that there was some kind of "homepage" facade. I found my way into MATY via a link on MTS here that took me to the forums directly.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 7:24 PM
They don't like newbies unless you have something to contribute usually
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
I don't know. I don't post a lot over there, unless there is something worth posting, like bug reports, but noone has so far picked a fight with me, the only one who tried was banned shortly afterwards due to assholery, and I am definitely not part of the in-crowd. I read the rules and I lurked a lot and so it became quite clear what to do there and what not.
And when it comes to registering: although I know Monty Python I am not a native English speaker, so I didn't know the answers either and googled them. The only mistake I made at first was with the capital of Assyria (it isn't Niniveh), but registering wasn't something I remember with horror.

I especially like the fights with the grammar police, in particualr those that go on for days about some linguistic pernicketiness (had to look that up, nice word ) where the grammar police is just as wrong as the original poster. Those hours of entertainment are priceless and of course I don't post in those threads. Leave them ignorant for the sake of moar fight

Edit: BTW, the V.I.P area doesn't take you anywhere, just a prompt to sign in, and neither does the Free area (it gives access to Pescado's mods only). One needs a link to the forums. In fact I only recently discovered that there was some kind of "homepage" facade. I found my way into MATY via a link on MTS here that took me to the forums directly.

I love it... I learned a new word today "assholery"

I did manage to be able to register and the only reason I did was because they made it so difficult to do so and I got super pissed off. Never posted at MATY (More Arrogant Than You)...but like you, love to lurk about and enjoy the "assholery" ... btw - Niniveh did work for me. It was the fake e-mail address that got me in LOL.
One Minute Ninja'd
#15 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
I love it... I learned a new word today "assholery"

You mean you already knew "pernicketiness "? I'm impressed. I had to look that one up, too.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 8:36 PM
i've gotten chewed out by Bitch (Witch) for basically no reason
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#17 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 8:57 PM
The VIP button takes you to the forums when you hit Submit (or Go or whatever it is).

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 9:27 PM
Going to say I can access the whole thing from the VIP page-although I did sign up there years ago, so maybe that makes a difference. I've never posted or wish to post in a place where saying hi is some kind of drama.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#19 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 9:59 PM
I tend to lurk in the Sims 2 threads at times because Pescado has useful information, but I don't sign up because of the sarcastic rudeness of most of the members.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 10:26 PM
i've gotten chewed out by Bitch (Witch) for basically no reason

Bitch Witch would be a fantastic username and I am sorely tempted to use it next time I register somewhere.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#21 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 10:37 PM
Disagreeing with me won't change the fact that I'm right. You know who you are.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
#22 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Disagreeing with me won't change the fact that I'm right. You know who you are.
I think that someone bought disagree privileges in a bundle, because when I came back to this thread everyone up to Orilon had 1 additional disagree. Those who had some before got one more and those who didn't have any got their first one then.

Edit: and just after typing this the rest of the posts got theirs, too.

Edit2: See? Now I've got mine. One minute later.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#23 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 11:24 PM
It's really childish whoever does that.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
#24 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 11:26 PM
So it's either someone from MATY or someone who hates them with a passion. I think both parties can be found here on MTS.

Or maybe it's a Doilyrific Diabolical Disagreer?
#25 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 2:44 AM Last edited by fairycake89 : 20th Feb 2014 at 2:54 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
I tend to lurk in the Sims 2 threads at times because Pescado has useful information, but I don't sign up because of the sarcastic rudeness of most of the members.

Let's be honest here, it takes a certain wit to use sarcasm in such a way where it becomes amusing; any toad from the bottom of the pond can be rude.

Furthermore, when I saw the title of this thread I thought it might possibly be a Sims 3 Competition for people with a taste for masochism or at the very least a penchant for ritual humiliation - the one who can stand the most pigtail pulling, pointing and 'head in a flushing Bargain John' torture wins a nice badge and a bag of toffee.
Page 1 of 8