Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#3776 Old 21st May 2021 at 8:07 PM
I can't wait for the sectional seating. I just hope that the patch that comes before it means we get at least one BG version like with the bunk beds.
I'm not really sure why I'm as excited about it as I am because I rarely used them in previous games anyway. Go figure.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3777 Old 21st May 2021 at 8:16 PM
Booths were always the better application of modular chairs. It’s hard to imagine a restaurant restaurant without a booth somewhere, but a home doesn’t need them.

It’s going be weird to see banquette seating next to modular chairs.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#3778 Old 21st May 2021 at 9:43 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 21st May 2021 at 11:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Jesus Christ!
I came here to see what people's views on the latest pack were. Not get a bloody lecture on the rights and wrongs of the LGBTQ+ world and/or its representation in the game.
That is NOT what this thread it for. Take it to a more appropriate one before the mods lock this thread for going waaaaaay off topic.

Well, isn't it obvious – we're making a demand for Girls, Gays & Theys Game Pack. Featuring:
- Pride Festival, that occurs randomly in a park in all town worlds
- A Coming Out Social Event Gathering, where you basically reveal who you are.
- New 24 closets&wardrobes, in addition to "Hide in the Closet" gameplay interaction
- Clothing with LGBTQ+ theme, which be 14 reskin t-shirts, pants and shoes in total
- Comfortable seating for gays, who can't sit straight.
- A forth venue type / lot trait: Gay Club: with this special assignment, only gays would wonder and gather around.
-

ETA: oh, so we did gotten a game pack! Somewhat didn't got a clue you were talking about it, before I checked previous pages how the political fuss came about. Anywho.... why this theme though? A game pack revolving around specific return of an active career? My god, how narrowed down this pack become. Yeah, no! I'm not interested in this type of model nor this theme As final thoughts/conclusions: I will like the mechanics may get in the way of conflicting players wishes how they wanna build interior (at least from what I understood the GP in the trailer is offering gameplay), which in itself feels kinda unnecessary (unless it works to Ambitions AD principle). Though, what concerns me is that Game packs, starting with this one, will feel more stuff pack orientated and the mechanics revolving the theme be - very random (niche).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#3779 Old 22nd May 2021 at 12:59 AM
In all honesty, I just want to play the sims. We all have our own way of playing and as long as it doesn't force me to curve my gameplay I'm meh about it. I have my own feelings about all of this, however, this is not the place for that, and well, at the end of the day, it's just a game. I guess the problem is inclusivity. Which is a good thing, but also bad because it never stops and never ends and it pulls those who want to be 100% inclusive in different directions because it can contradict itself in many ways. I think they should stop trying to be so "trendy" and "inclusive" and just make a great game and not care where they get brownie points.

Anyway, This new pack looks promising, however, is it because its using a strong system to pump it up? Build/Buy mode is done very well in this game and no doubt this was a good move in that sense, however, will the gameplay get old and repetitive as others have? I'm not getting my hopes up. I am going to just sit back and watch and see how things go before I completely judge the pack.
Field Researcher
#3780 Old 22nd May 2021 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
What are people's views on the latest pack? I like the moroccan one, and I think I am going to like the one with the sectional sofas. Hopefully though they will be in the patch too.

The gameplay leaves a lot to be desired considering this was a small part of an expansion pack last time, and it looks kind of the same in it’s own pack. I guess they offset that by including lots of furnishings, but at that point it kinda just feels like a double stuffed stuff pack.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3781 Old 22nd May 2021 at 2:03 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 22nd May 2021 at 2:22 AM.
Where are people forced or encouraged to play with trans Sims. They show a flag in a girl's bedrooms and two threads have derailed into nonsense. I'm pro-trans (which I shouldn't even have to say but whatever), and I didn't even immediately notice it was the trans flag. I thought the colors just matched the room.

Anyway, someone noticed a farming swatch on the tent, and EAxis leaked likes and dislikes, so...

Instructor
#3782 Old 23rd May 2021 at 2:36 AM
I confess that I could not get through the trailer. What happened to the wonderful magic of the trailers like Sims 2's Open for Business or Nightlife had? All this one seemed to feature was a disembodied voice droning on and on incessantly about trivial stuff. What exactly does this pack contain? I understand that there's some sort of career, but what else? And was there anything featured in it that's just going to end up in a patch?

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Scholar
#3783 Old 23rd May 2021 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
I confess that I could not get through the trailer. What happened to the wonderful magic of the trailers like Sims 2's Open for Business or Nightlife had? All this one seemed to feature was a disembodied voice droning on and on incessantly about trivial stuff. What exactly does this pack contain? I understand that there's some sort of career, but what else? And was there anything featured in it that's just going to end up in a patch?

The only thing I know about this upcoming pack, is Sofas, sofas, and more sofas.
Field Researcher
#3784 Old 23rd May 2021 at 2:26 PM
I just think it’s ironic how Sims 4 fans really disliked SP in 3 because they were $20 with no gameplay, but when they get the same deal in 4 it’s somehow a good thing now. I’ve gotta hand it to Maxis they make their hardcore players look really stupid.
Mad Poster
#3785 Old 23rd May 2021 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Where are people forced or encouraged to play with trans Sims. They show a flag in a girl's bedrooms and two threads have derailed into nonsense. I'm pro-trans (which I shouldn't even have to say but whatever), and I didn't even immediately notice it was the trans flag. I thought the colors just matched the room.

Anyway, someone noticed a farming swatch on the tent, and EAxis leaked likes and dislikes, so...

For me personally, I know I'll get disagrees but... i personally don't think a company, especially EA, doesn't need to make it looks like it cares about consumers as humans. Just because they like shoving in up in every DLC trailer a gay/lesbian kiss when one was enough, or show there's a virtual pride object flag in a game where transphobia/discrimination of any kind (apart for supernatural) doesn't even exist - I only get reminded of real life issues that ppl don' t support us than feel "yay! EA genuinely cares about gays like me!". Like.... why? I play this game to escape rough reality, not be reminder the horrific backstory and up to why the pride movement, with political message inserted symbol flag - as to why said representative symbols exist.

Once was i enough. Honestly, I get a lot headache for LGBTQ+ that think waving a flag is gonna dismiss the bigotry of a person, instead of you know - using just conversation and argumentative discussion with those ppl and calling out on bullshit phobes think they smart and have critical thinking.

I'm fine and give huge respect we at least got an ability to create same-sex relationship and transgender ppl. What I'm not ok with is how they're persistently throwing it out "look gays!" as if the game only revolves around 90% of them and how backstories just only consist about them being gay (describes their relationship, orientation) but nothing really interesting outside of that.

It feels like, for the same of comparison - walking into school and everydah, slowly, the classroom slowly paint and put up objects that are of pride colors. Meanwhile, I'm certain the same establishment does nothing for gays that actually get beaten up in school bathrooms where nobody watching and the school staff/concil dismiss the reports of the queer students.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3786 Old 23rd May 2021 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by drake_mccarty
I just think it’s ironic how Sims 4 fans really disliked SP in 3 because they were $20 with no gameplay, but when they get the same deal in 4 it’s somehow a good thing now. I’ve gotta hand it to Maxis they make their hardcore players look really stupid.

This reaction is stemming from EA setting standards for themselves and not being able to maintain them. There's no reason why Paranormal Stuff and Dream Home Decorator seem on par with one another content wise. Based on their current standards, this does feel like a stuff pack (with a bigger item count). Contrast with Spa Day, one of the more basic game packs), which included a new lot type, several new functional gameplay objects, NPCs, and a new skill.

While I like the career, the only actual new feature the pack offers are the toddler tent and a toaster ovens. Sectionals, maybe. It's just a series of connected chairs.

Mad Poster
#3787 Old 23rd May 2021 at 10:51 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 23rd May 2021 at 11:18 PM.
I bet the toaster oven opens up like microwave (reused animation). Difference being the type of food meshes are flagged to be put & cooked in and which ones not.

ETA: Am I going crazy, or did my whole thread just.... disappeared???

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3788 Old 23rd May 2021 at 11:53 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 24th May 2021 at 4:09 AM.
That part of the thread is where is exactly where it should be.

Edit: Oh wow, we can actually have an actual shoes store, and probably sell clothes off of a rack.

Lab Assistant
#3789 Old 24th May 2021 at 1:29 AM
I don't know, but from what I'm seeing this pack seems to be all about sofas.

Here's another pic from the Simgurus.

BagelTheDog, Village Idiot.

"What a fool you are, I'm a god! How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence! How could you be so naive?" - Dagoth Ur.
"AAAAHHH... I'm burning in hell, the demons are poking me with their pitchforks! Help me!" - Margaret Thatcher (hopefully).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3790 Old 24th May 2021 at 4:16 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 24th May 2021 at 1:40 PM.
Sectional couches are the big thing. The only actually new style of chair is the chaise lounge. Sims crawl on to it, and "relax" as they would in a bed. Another fun add is the sounded section of the chair.

So far, there appears to be 9 pieces of each model:
Arm Chair
Arm Chair (Left Arm)
Arm Chair (Right Arm)
Arm Chair (Armless)
Corner (Convex)
Corner (Concave)
Rounded Corner (Concave)
Chaise Lounge
Ottoman

I'll assume the budget was spend on dozens of modular bits and bobs, because there's also 2 complete set of counters/islands/cabinets.

Instructor
#3791 Old 24th May 2021 at 5:41 AM
My biggest question is can they sit on the corner seat? lol Like I don't believe in any of the past games sims were able to sit in the corner seat...
Instructor
#3792 Old 24th May 2021 at 6:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
The only thing I know about this upcoming pack, is Sofas, sofas, and more sofas.

Good summary. I think I'll be skipping this pack.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Field Researcher
#3793 Old 24th May 2021 at 8:21 AM
I'm really excited for the range (stovetop) that is separate from the oven. In my own home I have an unusual setup (for my country) of a range on its own and then an oven that is on the other side of the room. Usually people have them together here (and our kitchen is reallllly inconvenient imo) but seeing it for sims got me excited because it will give over half of the world a feeling of "yes, I can make my own kitchen now!" because on three continents it's much more common to have them separated. I'm thinking of my Russian friend (there still isn't a trailer out in her language that she's seen, not since Snowy Escape) as well as the friends I have in places like Hong Kong and South Africa where it's super common to see separated stuff.

I'm also excited for the toaster oven and will be very keen on seeing what modders can do about making it smaller. This one is full on Radar Range sized.
Lab Assistant
#3794 Old 24th May 2021 at 9:43 AM
I won't waste $20 on the stovetop and sofa.
Hey! Does anyone know Paradox has discount weekend?

Taiwan Soul!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3795 Old 24th May 2021 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TwoFingersWhiskey
I'm really excited for the range (stovetop) that is separate from the oven.

But I bet the oven can't go eye-level.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#3796 Old 24th May 2021 at 1:52 PM
Knowing how annoying musical chair bug is I can only imagine sims constantly trying to crawl, relax, nap, roll on the sectional sopha pieces just so they can talk or eat.
Mad Poster
#3797 Old 24th May 2021 at 8:13 PM
When you mentioned 'crawled', I remember Sims in 2 using sectional booths literally jumped out with teleportation in that game very weirdly Not sure how that got a pass, because it appeared so blatantly that you couldn't miss the weird (or absent) animation
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
That part of the thread is where is exactly where it should be.

Now but seriously, where the heck did it disappear to?? Did I accidentally deleted it or mods???

Mad Poster
#3798 Old 25th May 2021 at 12:10 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 25th May 2021 at 12:59 AM.
Oh, maybe it broke some rules, as we maybe derailed it to LGBTQ+ and thus went political? Too bad, could at least been archived just to look back on it since insight is valuable.

Oh well...

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3799 Old 25th May 2021 at 2:57 AM
They need to give a raise to whomever is putting the island cabinets facing away from the barstools.

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3800 Old 25th May 2021 at 8:59 AM
I'd rather my sims popped out of beds and booths without animation than that they couldn't reach parts of them at all.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Page 152 of 185