Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Free Spirit - Default Pet Eyes

by awasegg Posted 6th Dec 2006 at 11:05 PM - Updated 9th Dec 2006 at 8:12 AM by awasegg

67 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 62 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladystrongheart
So much better than the Maxis eyes - ::downloads::

and is it possible for you to convert one or two of the cats' eyes into being able to be used for humans? My cat girls would love to have a choice between cat eye types

Thank you!
I'll see what I can do about your request

"Had I been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better ordering of the universe."
- Alfonso the Wise, 13th century
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mollipopster
It's too bad we can't add other eye colors to the set of Maxis originals (for pets). I am always one for more choices. More, more, more! But, why dwell on the negative? I am loving the pets expansion pack, after all. I will just have to download these gorgeous eyes and forego the Maxis originals.

Beautiful job on these - I especially love the greens for the kitties. Great work!
I couldn't agree more with you!
Im thinking about making other colours though, and sadly they would'nt fit
the small avatars in the game that represent the right colour, but anyway

/awasegg

"Had I been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better ordering of the universe."
Test Subject
#28 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 10:23 PM
Yes! Finally, default replacements and they are awesome!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 12:24 AM
Very well done I especially like the cat eyes.

A perfect sunset is sinking in the sky
I know my body is ready to fly
I start the countdown backwards from ten
When I reach one my family name will end
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 8:37 AM
These eyes really make a dog be a dog! Seems like Maxis never had a look at any of them... Now for the eyelashes -my real dogs always had log eyelashes and Maxis haven't thought of this. Is there any possibility to have dogs with soft eyelashes like in real life? Anyway I'll begin by using these beautiful velvet eyes you made... Thanks so much for sharing them.

Dont' forget to press the Thanks button. Thanks!

Sims2Good Cloudy seaside mood

Don't include my content (in lots, sims...) but to MTS2, including a link to my thread.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 5:53 AM
i hate those boring maxis eyes but i wish there was a way to make them non-default!

Remember, the force will be with you, always...
Test Subject
#32 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 1:35 PM
WoW!! those are excelant I love the colours and they look sooo sparkily and way more realistic than the horrible Maxis ones. Allot of custom content creators create things that are far better than the Maxis content, sometimes I wonder why Maxis don't just give some of you guys a job designing content for the game. Because I think it would be far more realistic and there are lots of you with fresh ideas. Anyway great work on those eyes I love them, they are beautifull. *Downloads*

I too wish they had created a way we could add non-default fur colours, eyes and such, I don't know why they diddn't make them more like sims in that area .
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 5:05 PM
Three (3) Defaults?
Gomen-nasai (I apologize), but I don't understand---you say you made these eyes from the defaults by HystericalPyroxSim (hee-hee!---deliberate...!), so are they to replace hers? I don't imagine anyone wants the Maxis defaults, but which MTS2 default is the proper one?---do I use HystericalPyroxSim's, or are your 'Defaults' intended to replace her 'Defaults'???

I am confused because you say yours are based on hers---which make yours an upgrade? Or not?

May I get an answer from both creators, if that isn't inconvenient? 'cause I am seriously confusticated up here in The Great White North...

(I seriously need a decent blue for my kloughters of Siamese & Tonkanese progeny. Anything but that washed-out water-colour blue of Maxis'.)

Arigato-gozaimasu.

Maetel of La Metalle
(email from an abandoned planet)
~~Power corrupts. Absolute Power is---kind of neat.

Quote:
I remember when 'Saturns' were space-rockets, not cars...
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 14th Dec 2006 at 11:36 PM
These are great! Now I have somthing better than those horrid defaults that They give you in the game. :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#35 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Maetel of La Metalle
Gomen-nasai (I apologize), but I don't understand---you say you made these eyes from the defaults by HystericalPyroxSim (hee-hee!---deliberate...!), so are they to replace hers? I don't imagine anyone wants the Maxis defaults, but which MTS2 default is the proper one?---do I use HystericalPyroxSim's, or are your 'Defaults' intended to replace her 'Defaults'???

I am confused because you say yours are based on hers---which make yours an upgrade? Or not?

May I get an answer from both creators, if that isn't inconvenient? 'cause I am seriously confusticated up here in The Great White North...

(I seriously need a decent blue for my kloughters of Siamese & Tonkanese progeny. Anything but that washed-out water-colour blue of Maxis'.)

Arigato-gozaimasu.
Well, my eyes are made with HPs default package since I don't know how to create a default replacement package myself. But both our default eyes replace Maxis pet eyes. You can't have HPs and my default pet eyes at the same time, you can only have one.

Hope you understand!
/awasegg
Ps. Wich country are you from? ->"The Great White North"

Test Subject
#36 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 6:54 PM
hell good thank u very much

Svět chce dokonalé ženy, a ženy chtějí dokonalý svět
Test Subject
#37 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 11:59 PM
Wow, absolutely gorgeous eyes! They make my pets look so much more realistic. Wonderful work ^^
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 8:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by awasegg
Well, my eyes are made with HPs default package since I don't know how to create a default replacement package myself. But both our default eyes replace Maxis pet eyes. You can't have HPs and my default pet eyes at the same time, you can only have one.

Hope you understand!
/awasegg
Ps. Wich country are you from? ->"The Great White North"

Yepper, understand that fine---it's individual choice, hei?

My native country is The British Dominion of Canada, the most northerly section of North America and the 2nd largest country in the world. "The Great White North" is American (as in U.S.A.) slang for Canada (actually, borrowed from our slang for ourselves) because they aren't quite sure who it is that lives up here, north of the 49th Parallel, or whether it snows all year long (it doesn't), whether we all have dog-sleds (only if you live in the Territories), why we use coloured money (because we have the only un-counterfeitable paper-money on the planet), why our Head of State is the Queen of England (because we started out as a part of the British Empire and we like having a Royal Family), and if the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (the "Mounties") actually exist and do they really ride horses (the answer is 'yes' to both).

How's that for a brief intro?

Konichiwa!

Maetel of La Metalle
(email from an abandoned planet)
~~Power corrupts. Absolute Power is---kind of neat.

Quote:
I remember when 'Saturns' were space-rockets, not cars...
Field Researcher
#39 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 6:40 PM
These defaults are absolutely fabulous! I just loaded Pets (had it since it first came out, but wanted to wait until my favorite hacks were updated). The Maxi's eyes makes an otherwise cute pet kinda gruesome! These eyes are lovely!

Life isn't about the breaths we take, it's about the moments that take our breaths away...
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 4:40 AM
I love these eyes but I can't get them to work I unzipped and installed all of the files into my download folder, am I putting them in the wrong folder or is my computer just evil?

LegolasKLM at thesims2.ea.com Check out my stories and sims at thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=692419

I may be a goody two shoes but underneath I have dark socks!

www.myspace.com/KMRocky
Test Subject
#41 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 2:11 PM
lovely eyes! thank you!

...I gotta get loose Cause I sold my soul to rock 'n' roll...
Test Subject
#42 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 2:09 AM
These are beautiful. I will be using them. I can't stand the Maxis default eyes for Sims OR Pets...they make the rest of them look so realistic, but the eyes...yuck!

When the kids on the street say
What's your problem girl?
And the weight of their smile gets too much for you to bare
When they all make you feel like you're a problem girl
Remember
You're no problem at all
-Rob Thomas "Problem Girl"
Test Subject
#43 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 1:09 PM
I have tried to download this file about 6 times and it wont work. I get a WinRAR diagnostic message:The archive is either in unknown format or damaged. Not having problems with any other downloads, just this one. Can anyone help?
Test Subject
#44 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 6:43 PM
SUPERB! I love them!

''Lead us to the paradise with blood-stained hands'' -Silent Hill 3 Claudia Wolf
Test Subject
#45 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by melrex1977
I have tried to download this file about 6 times and it wont work. I get a WinRAR diagnostic message:The archive is either in unknown format or damaged. Not having problems with any other downloads, just this one. Can anyone help?

I am also having issues with this file. I have used both WinRAR and sim file maid 2 on it and it still won't unzip. Sim file maid 2 says it is a corrupt file. I really wanted these beautiful eyes in my game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#46 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 7:53 PM
Everyone who has problem with downloading this file:
I use to get the very same problem. But there is nothing wrong with this file. Sometimes when your computer downloads a file it doesn't get the whole file for some odd reason. The only way is to keep downloading until you got the whole file.

Hope you'll enjoy them

Test Subject
#47 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 7:42 PM
These are absolutely gorgeous, and make my pets look so much nicer! Thanks a ton
Test Subject
#48 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 10:15 AM
I tried downloading em but it makes the eyes look fuzzy. Does anyone know how to get rid of this? I have no other defaults installed.
Test Subject
#49 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 4:42 PM
Adorable!

how to pine artistically? twenty-seven names for tears?
Test Subject
#50 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TranceKitten
I tried downloading em but it makes the eyes look fuzzy. Does anyone know how to get rid of this? I have no other defaults installed.

It may be your graphics card. It may be unable to handle the eyes on the highest setting (assuming you have your texture/detail settings on HIGH in the game).

how to pine artistically? twenty-seven names for tears?
Page 2 of 3