Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UPDATE (06/10/06) Default Replacements of SimCribbling’s New Skintones

by PattyMcPat2666 Posted 12th Nov 2005 at 5:42 PM - Updated 11th Jun 2006 at 12:29 AM by PattyMcPat2666

240 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 225 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 10
#26 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 9:24 AM
Thank you so much I've waited so long for these.
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 1:20 PM
Thank you so much! I think these will replace Helaene's defaults in my game.

If you love something, set it free.
If it doesn't come back,
hunt it down and kill it.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 6:30 PM Last edited by crazysoul : 14th Nov 2005 at 11:52 AM.
You are fantastic! Thank you!

EDIT: I removed Helane's default skins and put these in: the Dark, Dark Tan, Medium, and Light. When I went into Bodyshop, I saw that the Dark default skintone was the only one that looked like Louis' from head to toe but with the Light and Medium, only the face was the same as Louis's. I encountered the same problem with Louis's older default skintones. As for the Medium one, it looked like the original Maxis default skin What am I doing wrong? Could my graphics card be the reason why the dark skintone is the only one that looks like Louis's from head to toe? I'm happy that the Dark default skintone works great but would love for the others to do the same as well. Any suggestions?

Also, I'm a little confused with you putting up 2 Dark Tan default skintones? Which is which or are they both virtually the same?

Again, thank you for taking the time to make defaults for these skintones. It is greatly appreciated
Test Subject
#29 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 9:11 PM
Yay! Thank you so much for making the darker version of the default tan! :jig: I can't wait to try these out!
Test Subject
#30 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 1:38 PM
hi all, got a quick question...stupid question...how to i install these replacements? do they go to the same download folder just like other mods?
thanks
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 8:55 PM
vincent, yes, put them in the downloads folder.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crazysoul
You are fantastic! Thank you!

EDIT: I removed Helane's default skins and put these in: the Dark, Dark Tan, Medium, and Light. When I went into Bodyshop, I saw that the Dark default skintone was the only one that looked like Louis' from head to toe but with the Light and Medium, only the face was the same as Louis's. I encountered the same problem with Louis's older default skintones. As for the Medium one, it looked like the original Maxis default skin What am I doing wrong? Could my graphics card be the reason why the dark skintone is the only one that looks like Louis's from head to toe? I'm happy that the Dark default skintone works great but would love for the others to do the same as well. Any suggestions?

Also, I'm a little confused with you putting up 2 Dark Tan default skintones? Which is which or are they both virtually the same?

Again, thank you for taking the time to make defaults for these skintones. It is greatly appreciated

I'm not sure exactly what your problem may be...maybe you have other default replacements still in your download folder. Also, note, don't put in both default replacements for the maxis tan skintones or it will cause problems.
Test Subject
#33 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 1:22 AM
These are awesome! Thank you so much for making them.

Kudos to you!

I know that this takes quite a bit of work- much appreciated! I do have a question though... is there any way that you could make an additional one- the tan as a medium?

No worries if it is to much hassle!
Test Subject
#34 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 6:06 PM
Hi. I loved the skins, theyre great, but I want to upload some sims to the exchange, and need the originally maxis skins, how do I delete the default skins? I tried deleting some files but theyre still in game. Please help me!! :salute:
Test Subject
#35 Old 17th Nov 2005 at 7:17 PM
Ok I seem to be having the similar problem as crazysoul. I have the other default skintones that you created before and I downloaded them and I like but I didn't like the lips. So when you came out with this one I like this one more but I can't seem to get rid of the other one. I Deleted all of the files from the other one and when I go into the bodyshop (CAS) it is still there. I was wondering if you had any advice. I don't understand whats gone wrong. I don't like Maxis default skintones they don't seem real to me and I don't let my sims that I created with Louis's skintones mate or have relations with them because of that. I wish there was a way othre then SimPE that I could change the skintone of Maxis townies. Well I hope to hear back from anyone who can help. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 18th Nov 2005 at 6:16 PM Last edited by crazysoul : 18th Nov 2005 at 7:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by PattyMcPat2666
I'm not sure exactly what your problem may be...maybe you have other default replacements still in your download folder. Also, note, don't put in both default replacements for the maxis tan skintones or it will cause problems.

Let me amend my previous statement. I can only play the game from Bodyshop at the moment but anyways what I did not notice before is that when I used a male Sim, all of the skintone colors I installed in were fine but it is only with the female where the light, tan, and medium skintones do not fully apply. I used Light, Medium, Dark Tan, and Dark. The dark skintone works for both female and male. I also removed the default dark skintone and installed the dark tan for the default dark skintone and that works fine as well The tan (tan) default skintone nor the dark tan for the tan default skintone do not work for the females along with the light and medium default skintones. The tan (tan) default skintone; however, does work fine for males.

I hope I'm making sense? So, it puzzles me as to why only the males work but not the females. Has anyone else had this problem and what can I do to fix it? I don't have other default skins in there as I made sure to remove all of them before putting in yours nor did I put in both default replacements either.

Here's an example with the Medium skintone:

Female:

Male:

Test Subject
#37 Old 18th Nov 2005 at 11:15 PM
crazysoul,

Just for clarification, the only skin tone that works for your females is the dark or the dark tan as the dark?

I have only replaced my light skin tone in my game and it works on all of sims...though I am not sure if you said the light worked in yours or not?
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 2:05 AM
Alesha, yes only the dark default and the dark tan default for the dark default skintone are the ones that work for both genders while the light, medium, and tan tan does not for the females. Haven't tried the pale but I'm gonna guess it won't work either for females.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 4:08 AM Last edited by SeaZephyr : 19th Nov 2005 at 4:20 AM.
I am having trouble actually DLing the pale, light and default dark (dark tan) skins properly. The pale downloads in like, half a second and is corrupt for me, and the other two stop before its finished DLing and they are corrupted. Weird, I really wanted these defaults.
Test Subject
#40 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 6:52 AM
I'm guessing this is probably not the ideal place to post this, but I've tried emailing louis, and my mail keeps bouncing. Not sure if that's due to failure on my end, or hanmails - or - bahhh who knows. At any rate, I *adore* louis's skintones, BUT - not all my sims look ok with the particular eyebrow shade used. And, I <3 Helaene's eyebrows - BUT - most of her eyebrows are shaped and arched and DO NOT cover up louis's on-the-skin eyebrows. I am NOT a modder. I *suck* with paintshop/photoshop and I am DYING to have these skins without eyebrows. Does *anyone* know if such a thing exists? Or can someone ask Louis? Or --_ AHHHHH anything? I really do love these tones, but for the on-skin eyebrows to be covered my girl sims have to have bushy eyebrows of DOOM!

i wish i was the evidence, i wish i was the grounds
for 50 million hands upraised and open towards the sky
Test Subject
#41 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 8:20 AM Last edited by Wallem : 19th Nov 2005 at 8:34 AM. Reason: Update with the file
Hello,

PattyMcPat2666, I like very much your default recolor, but I find a problem with the dark tan !

In fact, for female teenager, normal body, the bodyy isn't as correct as other .
So, with Simpe, I exported female adult normal body and I imported it for teen...

Before :

After :

I testing with Bodyshop and I sent you the zip for update if you would

Happy Simming

Edit : I update with the zip....
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Default Dark (Dark Tan modifiy by WG).zip (6.10 MB, 65 downloads)
Test Subject
#42 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 3:50 PM
it's beautiful. I like it. thank you for doing really nice work.

It's really not easy but it's ok.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 22nd Nov 2005 at 9:30 PM
Is there anyway to get these so they aren't default?? I want them they look great but I don't want them to be default?? Thanks!!
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 22nd Nov 2005 at 11:03 PM
The site already mentioned in PattyMcPat2666 post. Just click at the link.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 4:58 AM
Ok, am I the only one having problems downloading these properly? No one else has said anything about it.
Inventor
#46 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 10:40 AM
Incredible!! Thank you very muchxxx
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 2:55 PM
wow those are amazing! thank you :bandit:
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 9:40 PM
I could kiss you for doing this! Louis' skintones have always been my fav. All the townies in game look more realistic now (even if most of them are beyond ugly. lol)

You have my sincerest appreciation!!!
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crazysoul
Let me amend my previous statement. I can only play the game from Bodyshop at the moment but anyways what I did not notice before is that when I used a male Sim, all of the skintone colors I installed in were fine but it is only with the female where the light, tan, and medium skintones do not fully apply. I used Light, Medium, Dark Tan, and Dark. The dark skintone works for both female and male. I also removed the default dark skintone and installed the dark tan for the default dark skintone and that works fine as well The tan (tan) default skintone nor the dark tan for the tan default skintone do not work for the females along with the light and medium default skintones. The tan (tan) default skintone; however, does work fine for males.

I hope I'm making sense? So, it puzzles me as to why only the males work but not the females. Has anyone else had this problem and what can I do to fix it? I don't have other default skins in there as I made sure to remove all of them before putting in yours nor did I put in both default replacements either.

Here's an example with the Medium skintone:

Female:

Male:

the same thing happened to me with the dark skintone. It only affected my female teens though.
Test Subject
#50 Old 30th Nov 2005 at 5:56 PM
Is it possible to use the medium skin tone and higher for my defaults? I want darker sims in my game but the jump from dark tan to dark dark is just too much. I think med would be good to replace my light skins and so on higher.

Does that make sense??
Page 2 of 10