Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UPDATE (06/10/06) Default Replacements of SimCribbling’s New Skintones

by PattyMcPat2666 Posted 12th Nov 2005 at 5:42 PM - Updated 11th Jun 2006 at 12:29 AM by PattyMcPat2666

240 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 225 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 10
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 1:27 AM
There seems to be a problem with the female medium skin default. Because when I choose that skin, the only part thats changed is the facial structure, the body structure is the maxian default. The female face is ok, but from the neck down it is the maxian default, so it has two tones in one. Anyone else have this issue?

-Vlad

SBN 2 EYEWITNESS NEWS
SEASON III - JULY 2009
SBN 2 HD Eyewitness News, premieres in July 2009, take part in the premiere and visit www.sbn2.com for more information.
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The Sim Vlad
There seems to be a problem with the female medium skin default. Because when I choose that skin, the only part thats changed is the facial structure, the body structure is the maxian default. The female face is ok, but from the neck down it is the maxian default, so it has two tones in one. Anyone else have this issue?

-Vlad

I have this same issue as well as with the light, pale, and dark tan. The dark and dark tan for the dark default work fine for both female and male for me.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#53 Old 3rd Dec 2005 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wallem
Hello,

PattyMcPat2666, I like very much your default recolor, but I find a problem with the dark tan !

In fact, for female teenager, normal body, the bodyy isn't as correct as other .
So, with Simpe, I exported female adult normal body and I imported it for teen...

Before :

After :

I testing with Bodyshop and I sent you the zip for update if you would

Happy Simming

Edit : I update with the zip....

I'm not sure what could be causing the problems with the skinstones, but I'll be sure to take a look at them all over my winter break. I've been busy the past weeks with school and finals, but thank you to everyone who has taken the time to address this problem. I'll personally look through all the files myself and hopefully have them updated in two to three weeks. Sorry about everything!
Test Subject
#54 Old 3rd Dec 2005 at 8:46 PM
I tried to download the non default skins from the exchange but you need University.
Is it possible to get these non-default and not have Uni?
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 8:02 PM
Thanks a lot for doing this! I'd really love the pale skintone as my Vampire default...is this possible? (Maybe by using the "VampireInvisibleSkin" from here: http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=92042 ) I would do this myself but I have no idea how!
Test Subject
#56 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 2:13 PM
Hi, I know this is probably a very stupid question, but im still quite new at this so hopefully you can help me. I love this skintone but i cant seem to get into my game. Do I need any expansion packs for this to work? If so, has anyone made them so that we dont have to have university? I so want these in my game. Also I dont want it to replace all the skins of my little people in the game, so if I download these will I be able to just have them as a choice of skin for when Im making a sim? Heeelp please. thanks...
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 5:40 PM
Kartofell, if you download these, they will replace all your existing Sims skins. If you just want the skin, not as default, you can go to http://mado.new21.net/louis/sims/ (SimCribbling) and download just the regular skins there.
Test Subject
#58 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 9:52 PM
Thank you so much for these great skins. I love them all and I am downloading it all.
Thanks for sharing it!
Test Subject
#59 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 7:07 PM
FionaAzreal, thank you so much for your reply. I went to the link in your post and found the skin but when I went to download, it sent me to the exchange where it requires the sims and University? Is there really no other way for me to get this skin? Thanks again, its much appreciated.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kartoffel
FionaAzreal, thank you so much for your reply. I went to the link in your post and found the skin but when I went to download, it sent me to the exchange where it requires the sims and University? Is there really no other way for me to get this skin? Thanks again, its much appreciated.

Hmmm, I don't know anything about that. I didn't know that they required Uni...did you try to install them anyway and see if they work? I don't understand why you'd need a certain EP for a bodyskin...But then again, I don't know much! lol
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 9th Dec 2005 at 12:11 AM
Yes, I agree with Fiona. The pale skintone would be perfect for a vampire replacement.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#62 Old 9th Dec 2005 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FionaAzreal
Thanks a lot for doing this! I'd really love the pale skintone as my Vampire default...is this possible? (Maybe by using the "VampireInvisibleSkin" from here: http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=92042 ) I would do this myself but I have no idea how!

The oringinal maxis vampire skins is actually a blue hue that is applied to the sims skintone that has become the vampie. Therefore, if you use these as the defaults they will still have the same details, only a bluish tint. I know this is a mod here somewhere that changes the tint to a more natural color, and it should be compatible with these replacements.

***The link I quoted takes you to that mod...haha, try it out. :D***
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 9th Dec 2005 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PattyMcPat2666
The oringinal maxis vampire skins is actually a blue hue that is applied to the sims skintone that has become the vampie. Therefore, if you use these as the defaults they will still have the same details, only a bluish tint. I know this is a mod here somewhere that changes the tint to a more natural color, and it should be compatible with these replacements.

***The link I quoted takes you to that mod...haha, try it out. :D***

Thanks a lot for the response.
Yea, I know all about the blue tint. Hmm...I think you misunderstood me. When I saw the invisible skin the other day, I thought maybe there'd be a way to lay the SimCribbling skin over it, therefore getting a beautiful new default Vamp skin with no blue tint. But the thing I don't understand is, the invisi. skin is a default..for Vamps...so how do I open it in BodyShop in order to edit it? I'm thinking SimPE would be the thing to use, but I don't have the slightest clue about how to use that tool. And I'd like my existing Vamps skin to switch over to Louis' skin, if possible...merely using the invisi. skin alone wouldn't do that. So, do you think it would be possible? And if so, would you consider doing it?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#64 Old 9th Dec 2005 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FionaAzreal
Thanks a lot for the response.
Yea, I know all about the blue tint. Hmm...I think you misunderstood me. When I saw the invisible skin the other day, I thought maybe there'd be a way to lay the SimCribbling skin over it, therefore getting a beautiful new default Vamp skin with no blue tint. But the thing I don't understand is, the invisi. skin is a default..for Vamps...so how do I open it in BodyShop in order to edit it? I'm thinking SimPE would be the thing to use, but I don't have the slightest clue about how to use that tool. And I'd like my existing Vamps skin to switch over to Louis' skin, if possible...merely using the invisi. skin alone wouldn't do that. So, do you think it would be possible? And if so, would you consider doing it?

Yep, you have to use the SimsPE...I think the vampire files are located in the simdata07 file in the C:/ drive under nightlife...it's somewhere in there.
Test Subject
#65 Old 9th Dec 2005 at 3:41 AM
What I'd like to do is have all six skintones in my game, and have them all work genetically, although obviously only four of them would be the "defaults". I know how to change custom skins using SimPE, but these skins don't have the files I need.

If you could help me, that'd be really great. These skins are awesome, especially because you get more variety with them, plus the females actually have cleaveage.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 9th Dec 2005 at 3:42 AM
I appreciate it, thanks a lot.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 9th Dec 2005 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pixelflesh
I tried to download the non default skins from the exchange but you need University.
Is it possible to get these non-default and not have Uni?

I've had this problem as well as some other people with other skins.

What you would probably need to do if you haven't already is to get the Sims 2 pack installer. That enables you to install the Simspack.
Test Subject
#68 Old 9th Dec 2005 at 10:58 PM
<Guys, Please help, Im So confused. So do i need University to get this skin? (as a selective skin, not default)? Or is there maybe another way?
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 10th Dec 2005 at 5:09 AM
<Guys, Please help, Im So confused. So do i need University to get this skin? (as a selective skin, not default)? Or is there maybe another way?

Why don't you just try downloading one of the colors and see if it works? If it doesn't you know you can't use it. :\
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#70 Old 10th Dec 2005 at 7:50 AM

You shouldn't need university for these skintones to work.
Test Subject
#71 Old 11th Dec 2005 at 5:18 AM Last edited by caramelcutie411 : 11th Dec 2005 at 7:26 AM.
I'm having a problem where only one of the skintones actually shows up on the Sims. It is the default tan (Tan) package that shows up. The others that I got, default light (light), default medium (medium), and default dark (dark), are not showing as Louis' skins at all; but, as the Maxis default.

I don't have any other default files in my downloads folder, so I'm not sure what could be causing this problem..

Edit. I just replaced the 'Default Tan (Tan)', with the 'Default Tan (Dark Tan)' file, just to see if I could isolate the problem.. And it seems that that is the only one that is working for me. =I
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#72 Old 11th Dec 2005 at 12:50 PM
UPDATE: Alrighty, I redownloaded and tested out all of my default replacements for every age and skintone and all of them showed up perfectly except for the Default Dark (Dark Tan) teenage girl, which was address before. I have now updated that file so if you are using it please redownload it. Otherwise, I don't know what could be causing problems for so many of you. Please make sure that you only have one Light, Medium, Tan, and Dark file in your download folder or else it will cause problems.
Test Subject
#73 Old 11th Dec 2005 at 7:23 PM
Thank you so much for making these, they are awesome!

I know that this is quite a bit of work and I appreciate it! I would like to ask as well......
Quote: Originally posted by ycallahan
Is it possible to use the medium skin tone and higher for my defaults? I want darker sims in my game but the jump from dark tan to dark dark is just too much. I think med would be good to replace my light skins and so on higher.

Does that make sense??

I agree that the jump from dark tan to dark dark it to much, and would love to have the option that she listed here. I also notice that you have listed two dark tans as dark. I am thinking that is perhaps a typo?

Once again Thank you soooooooo much!!!!! :salute:
Test Subject
#74 Old 11th Dec 2005 at 7:53 PM
I would also very much like the format mentioned above. i.e. Medium being default light, tan being default medium, and so on.

You have done a wonderful job of it so far and I, for one, am very grateful
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#75 Old 11th Dec 2005 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alesha Lynn
Thank you so much for making these, they are awesome!

I know that this is quite a bit of work and I appreciate it! I would like to ask as well......

I agree that the jump from dark tan to dark dark it to much, and would love to have the option that she listed here. I also notice that you have listed two dark tans as dark. I am thinking that is perhaps a typo?

Once again Thank you soooooooo much!!!!! :salute:

Since I've had many requests for more options I will get around to doing this and making other default replacements. However, as I've mentioned before I have finals this week so things are hetic, but I promise by the end of the week they'll be available. Just be patient...
Page 3 of 10