Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 9:12 AM
Default Thank you
I have just got started into doing custom content and found everything so mind boggling! After spending half day getting used to Photoshop (which I found a real challenge) and using your excellent tutorial (the pictures really helped) I have made my first 'real' custom eyes. Still need some practice in choosing and experimenting with colours. I have never done anything like this before so I feel quite chuffed! Many thanks.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 12:05 PM
I made heaps. But they all looked so unrealistic. WHY???

Maybe it was the actual eye white.

Eh. Help?

I made about 10.

Really great tutorial. I learnt it off by heart! ^_^
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 7:07 AM
My wind won't work in photoshop it just stays the same?

~*~*~BaNnAsWeEtIe~*~*~
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 7:23 PM
I think I've got the hang of this! I have made several really cool eyes using this tut... I can now skip steps, and add my own... to make the eyes look how I want. I add motion blur afterwards (first at the angle of 0, then 180.) It makes it look a bit smoother. I also sharpen it a bit.

*edit* Runesinger, I don't worry about the black part myself. I skip that step entirely, do the last step so that there is space around the eye, and then take a round brush and put the pupil in. *lol* But that's becuse I can't figure out that step in Gimp.

Instructor
#80 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 7:04 PM
thanks great and simple.
Inventor
#81 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 5:15 AM Last edited by Reyn : 29th Mar 2007 at 9:24 PM.
What I do in Gimp to get the black is to make a second layer, make it black, cut out the part covering the colour and voila! That part is done. However, I can't find feather in GIMP, and shift doesn't quite work as nicely. As its' late for me, I'm going to head off to sleep and play with it more in the morning, but if anyone knows where feather is located?

I love gimp, its a great little program, but sometimes it still boggles me, even after all these years.

Nevermind - I found it - it wasn't where I was looking.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Test Subject
#82 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 8:08 PM
i love this tut, but what do save the file as?
Test Subject
#83 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 9:24 PM
very nice tutorial. thanks
Test Subject
#84 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 11:34 AM
This is amazing!!! Thankyou soooooooo much!!! I've always wondered how to do this, thinking it would be just as hard as creating a custom skin tone, but you have explained it so clearly that even I can understand it. Thanks again!!!
Test Subject
#85 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 3:30 AM
Thanks!
This was fun, helpful, and easy to follow, I created an entire collection of eye colors in a little less than an hour! My sims will look fantastic, and now my self-sim will be musch more realistic! Thanks so much! <3 MetalHead.
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 11:01 PM
i have wanted to know things like this for so long. This is just so fantasic.... please let it be that the GIMP has these tools somewhere on it. if not.... ill have to buy photoshop! thank you

if you ask me what im thinking.... the answer is always the same.

girl with a one track mind over here.
Test Subject
#87 Old 4th May 2007 at 9:12 PM
Mine wont work it says there isnt enough disk space waaaaaaaahhhh!!!!!!!!!

Isn't it funny how you always make fun of that one emo girl because she's different and then realize that you're the reason that she cries at night, and hides in the darkness?
I'm not laughing.
If ya look in the mirror and dont like watcha see you can find out first hand wat its like 2 be me. MCR
Test Subject
#88 Old 7th May 2007 at 1:18 AM
Hm, this seems much easier than what I was doing b4. The only problem I keep running into is when I'm done creating the eye & hit refresh in BodyShop, it comes up looking a little muted. If I go ahead & import it back to the game, the entire eye comes up looking like a single-colored 'smudge' (the best explanation i have); the iris, pupil everything is the middle-hue of the eye color I was going for. No matter which coloring method I've tried, this always happens, so I know it's something wrong I'm doing somewhere along the line. Can anyone help?

btw: using Photoshop CS to edit on a Mac Powerbook G4, if that makes a difference.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#89 Old 8th May 2007 at 4:54 AM
coyoteblu1125 have you made other things, like clothing? What size does your clothing export at? If it's not 1024x1024 for an adult, you need to go to the faq and find the 'bodyshop exports wrong size/blurry clothing' info

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#90 Old 12th May 2007 at 11:19 PM
Great Tutorial...Was able to make beautiful eyes, totally amazing!...but now what? How do I get them into my game? I couldn't find a tutorial that starts from the very beginning with how to create eyes with the exporting/importing. Please help, I want to use my new eyes in my game!!! Thanks
Instructor
#91 Old 14th May 2007 at 9:54 AM
Thanks alot for this tutorial deathoflight, I will have to buy Photoshop to try this out (I made my eyes with the GIMP)

Retired...

kind of.
Test Subject
#92 Old 17th May 2007 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
coyoteblu1125 have you made other things, like clothing? What size does your clothing export at? If it's not 1024x1024 for an adult, you need to go to the faq and find the 'bodyshop exports wrong size/blurry clothing' info

Ah, ok. Actually no, I haven't tried creating/modifying anything else yet. I'll take a look @ that FAQ, tho. TY!
Test Subject
#93 Old 19th May 2007 at 3:02 AM
I just made them. They are a brilliant aquamarine color with a pen blue outline. I may post a pic later, but I don't know if I like them or not. (I would like them if I hadn't made them)
Test Subject
#94 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 3:56 AM Last edited by tiyen303 : 18th Jun 2007 at 4:15 AM. Reason: Typo
Aww man; if only I could do this is PaintShopPro...

There might be a way, but I'm certainly not familiar enough with the program to figure it out... only the last part I can't figure out... and the wind. ^_^

Great tut none the less~
Test Subject
#95 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 2:19 PM
Thank you for this very helpful tutorial! Made my custom created-eyes look so much better.
Instructor
#96 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 6:55 PM
thanks for this tutorial
My feather tool doesn't work but I'll take out my whip and Photoshop must obey >_< muwahahahaha !
Test Subject
#97 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 7:17 AM Last edited by Toota956 : 19th Aug 2007 at 7:24 AM.
I'm very new to this creating thing, and following your excellent instructions, created my first eye. It was too small however, but I simply changed the pixels using a formula (it appeared that it was too small by about 1/3) that made it fit perfectly. Thank you so much for taking the time to share!

Meanwhile, I'm still working on how to upload a pic of it...TaDa!
Attached Images

Test Subject
#98 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 6:27 PM
Thanks I've found this really helpful :D
Test Subject
#99 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 1:11 AM
Umm.... I am trying to make the custom eye, but it only does the wind on the center layer. I am using Adobe Photoshop CS, and all it does is use wind on the center layer. And then when I invert, it still does the same thing, but when I try to get my colors back, it turns the inverted color all white, and it only does that on the center part. What am I doing wrong?
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 3:50 AM
does anyone know how i can do these steps with fireworks mx?

^*^[I don't take requests]^*^
Love and hate aren't blind, they are blinded by the fire within...
*I'm also known as EuroSand
**My my movies
Page 4 of 7