Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 7:43 PM
Alright, I tried this solution and it did not help. That probably wasn't the problem to begin with. I made a dress last night, and I really like it. Then this morning I opened up bodyshop again to view it and I noticed something I didn't notice last night. Just on the sides of the dress there are very large squares that are not supposed to be there. I just can't firgure it out. I made a similar dress and there are no boxes on that one. I attached a screenshot of it. Any ideas?
Screenshots

If you like my stuff, please hit the Thanks button.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 3:46 AM
Default thank you
thank you so much, that problem has been so frustrating and now i can sort it
i post back to tell you if it worked or not. hopefully it does, and i think it does because you have helped a lot of people
Test Subject
#28 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 2:23 PM
I don't have any folders called tsdata in my sims folder please help
Test Subject
#29 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 2:39 PM
i didnt have this folder so i made a new text document and put in that stuff. Will it still work?
Test Subject
#30 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 6:30 PM
No. You should have this folder and particularly these files bacause as far as I know they are a required part of the game. Go to this thread if you need more help: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=147242

If you like my stuff, please hit the Thanks button.
Test Subject
#31 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 2:44 PM
thanks judithanndl for that thread it explained that the folder was in the c drive
cos i was looking for it in my documents all fixed now thank you
Test Subject
#32 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 3:49 PM
i did exaactly wat it said, even the body shop one but it isnt working and im getting really frustrated!!!!!!!:@
Test Subject
#33 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 4:23 PM
its all good i fixed it its now working, i changed the color thingy, if you have done all this but it still isnt working carry out these steps-
1.right click on your desktop
2.select properties
3.select settings
4.click the down arrow where it says color quality
5.select medium (16 bit)
it definitly works
if your color quality is already 16 bit, i cant help you
Test Subject
#34 Old 12th Aug 2006 at 5:42 PM
I screwed up! Somewhere I read that you can change the Graphics Rules in your "Config" files too, and I brought the same values to zero... Now my sims won't move. Could someone paste the numbers that belong in the x's??

UI Options

log $logGroup $logLevelDebug "Begin parsing option definitions"

option MaterialDetail
setting $Low
boolProp bumpMapping false
intProp imageDataSizeReductionOnLoad x

setting $Medium

setting $High
boolProp bumpMapping true

I did this under the Sims 2 and University folders, so I need both Config versions. Thank you!!!
Instructor
#35 Old 22nd Aug 2006 at 8:18 PM
UI Options

option MaterialDetail
setting $Low
intProp imageDataSizeReductionOnLoad 0

setting $Medium

setting $High

that should work

Every1 else: Youre welcome ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

DONT ASK ME FOR A REQUEST ^-^
New Policy,applies to all my meshes ^-^
Im not meshing/Simming now,details in my Policy thing
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nebulosa
Do you use a Mac?

And have you adjusted your graphics settings in the game? You'll get better graphics performance if you turn up your graphics settings but maybe also a slower game if you have an old graphics card. You should also set a higher screen resolution in the graphics settings in game mode. Some still use 800 x 600 which looks terrible unless you have a very small screen. Set the same resolution in game mode as the resolution you have set for your screen, if possible, not lower anyway.

I recently took an interest in hair recoloring. I followed the tutorials on this site and some other websites. I was able to recolor hair fine, but like everyone else, my creations come out looking "fuzzy" or "blurry". I have tried Callum91's method (which I saw on another section of this site) and still no good.

Nebulosa, I am quoting your post because you asked that person if they had a Mac, and I do! Maybe there's something different happening on the Mac-side? Can you help me please? Since I just started recoloring, AFTER I installed Nightlife a few weeks ago, I don't know what original size the textures where. But they are small, 128x128 pixels, it was one of the first things I noticed, how small they were. Thanks for your help
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#37 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 8:05 PM
hair should be 512x512. Any recolors you did at 128x128 would need to be done over, because that will be blurry.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Instructor
#38 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 5:47 AM
yes, as tiggerypum said. Hair must be 512x512, if its smaller,it will be 256x256 then if you export it again it will be 128x128,then 64x64,32x32,16x16. i know! its happend to me!
And skin should be 1024x1024,as well as clothes.

Test Subject
#39 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 3:54 PM
Default Oh my! Thank you so much!
It works! Now maybe all my clothes wont be rejected anymore, cause they look really sharp in the game now!
THANK YOU!

Quote: Originally posted by callum91
i had this prob too!
heres the fix:
find graphicsrules.sgr in CSConfig in the TS2,UNI,&NL main files (C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\CSConfig)
then back them up ok (copy the file), on the desktop or rename them (eg graphicrulesBU.sgr something like that
then right click, open with, notepad
then scroll down till you find this :
''# UI Options

# Note: CASIE uses different property values for MaterialDetail then Sims2 does.
# CASIE would prefer to maintain full texture resolution, but disable bumps
# only on cards with low video memory.
option MaterialDetail
setting $Low

setting $Medium

setting $High
end''
change all to '0' so they look like the above
then save
then repeat for any EPS you have
this worked for me so it should work for u
Test Subject
#40 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 8:47 AM
I'm not sure what is going on with mine...but I have some clothes that are ok and some that are blurred. I have changed the setting as mentioned above to no avail. Is there anything else that could be causing this problem? The really odd thing is thet they look clean and crip in Bodyshop, but not in game....and I noticed it has affected items done by Maxoids as well as my own content.

I'm probably going to kick myself as it is something really stupid!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#41 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 12:24 AM
Whiteghost, perhaps your system is overloaded? If this is happening with maxis clothing also, it sounds like your system is lowering the display quality in game. You might need to go to a smaller neighborhood and keep with small lots and see if that helps. Or upgrade your video card or memory - what are your computer's specs, and which eps do you have?

As an aside, lots of things look crisp in bodyshop, you can't zoom in there as close as in the game... but in your case it sounds more like you're having a gameplay issue.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 12:19 PM
Default Callum's solution on Macintosh OS
Just discovered: if you want to add this to faqs or the callum's post, be my guests

Editing .sgr files in TSDAta, on Macintosh, don't works: you have to edit the files inside the application BodyShop itself. That's because on Mac OS, all the applications are special folders, usually with all the most important data and settings in it.

Here's how to open that "folder" end edit the data inside:

1) Ctrl-click on BodyShop
2) Choose "Show Package Content"
3) Go to Body Shop.app/Contents/Resources/Config
4) Open Graphics Rules.sgr with TextEdit or other text editor
5) Edit according callum91 suggestions
6) Save and close Body Shop.app folder

That's it
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 11:50 PM Last edited by moshi_moshi_suttato : 27th Nov 2006 at 12:13 AM. Reason: oops, nevermind..
Default it worked!
omg, it WORKED. O__O
thank you callum91~
Test Subject
#44 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 4:41 AM
eep. i think i'm just dumb when it comes technical stuff but i got lost right about the ''# UI Options part. i didn't see anything that said that. someone know where i'm messing up? please help.
Test Subject
#45 Old 12th Apr 2007 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Marhis
Just discovered: if you want to add this to faqs or the callum's post, be my guests

Editing .sgr files in TSDAta, on Macintosh, don't works: you have to edit the files inside the application BodyShop itself. That's because on Mac OS, all the applications are special folders, usually with all the most important data and settings in it.

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing! I've been wanting to try my hand at coloring things for a while, but gave up due to the blurring issue. I'll have to try it out later as we have company coming tomorrow evening and I have to tidy up the house!
Instructor
#46 Old 12th Apr 2007 at 3:09 PM
I'm a bit confused.
I've changed all the settings but I think they are still looking a bit blurry.
Are we supposed to change the Config too, or only the CSConfig? I looked at my Config and there are a lot of 2 and 1 there...
How about the BodyShop files...where are they??

When all Courage is necessary, all Hope is justified!

To know something about me read: this interview
Instructor
#47 Old 12th Apr 2007 at 6:04 PM
alexarosa, CSConfig is Bodyshop. Config is the game.
You must do it for every EP&SP installed
Oh,and if you already have a clothes (for example) imported into the game and its blurry,you will only be able to fix it by remaking it. Doing the fix wont fix already broken/blurry things
Hope that cleared some stuff up for you ^-^

Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#48 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 5:47 AM
alexasrosa - if you're getting clothing at 1024x1024 - that's the right size and this will do nothing for you (toddlers are 512)

I noticed that my in game shots with seasons seem a bit less crisp than some older ones I took, I think it must be a change in the game.

Test Subject
#49 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 1:30 AM
Thank you so much
Callum91 Thank you so much for showing us how to fix the blurring problem. It works great. I can't thank you enough!
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 29th May 2007 at 10:03 PM
Is there any way to improve the quality of files after you export them from Body Shop into your graphics editor? I changed the values of the files in both CSConfig and Config, but nothing seems to have changed...
Page 2 of 3