Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 10:18 PM
Default Can't use Installer nor Download new one
My old version, which I uploaded maybe.... two weeks ago, came up with all these weird error messages today after I tried to use it to download some goodies from the Sims Resource. I didn't catch any photos of it, but it was similiar to what I'm seen on other posts.

It worked fine when I was downloading one pet at a time on the Exchange, but when I tried to download pets and objects on TSR, it went wonky.

So I uninstalled it and tried to install version 1.5.1.4. and this is what I got.

I could save it to my desktop, but when I tried to run it, this is what happened. Is it just me, or is something wrong with the new version?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 11:17 PM
Same .. maybe soon the issue will be worked out
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#3 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 11:48 PM
If you get the installer corrupt message re-download it.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 2:08 AM
Ty Delphy, I am able to download, but Installer won't open. Reverting back to my thread is the current message again.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 7:51 PM Last edited by Veghead0 : 26th Oct 2006 at 8:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
If you get the installer corrupt message re-download it.

I can download it without a problem, and have done so many times, it's when I try to "Run" it that I get that message. I'll just have to download an older version and hope it works for now. Thank you though.

Edit: I downloaded an older version, 1.5.0.2, I think, and I still can't mass download with the basket from TSR. I haven't tried individual downloads from that site. I'll try that next.

This is what I got however.

And then it only downloaded the images you see behind it. I told it to install, and this is what it told me.

Sounds like this last one is my fault somehow, but I don't know how to fix it. After I press okay, it says the items were installed. I don't know who is more confused, the computer or me. Probably me.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 11:23 AM
Remove the clean installer, manually remove any remaining Clean Installer registry keys from this location:
MY COMPUTER\ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Sims2packClean Installer
And then try a clean install of the latest version.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 12:02 AM Last edited by Veghead0 : 28th Oct 2006 at 12:18 AM.
Nevermind, I found the installer registry keys from another post. Attempting to install a new verison now...

Nope, didn't work. Still got the corrupted file error that I put in my first post. Version 1.5. doesn't work for me either, I just get a blank page.

Either way, if I use version 1.5.0.2 (even though it SAYS 1.5.0.1 at the top. weird) and I download one object/sim at a time, it works fine. It's if I attempt a basket download from TSR that it gets all wacked out. So I guess I'll just do it the long way then. =)

Thanks everyone.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 12:24 AM
Here's a new one it's throwing at me. Anyone seen this before?

(Sorry for the double post)

Test Subject
#9 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 1:11 AM
what the hech?????

this is the way you should live , sims 2 forever ,

[QUOTE]come on over to the dark side & long live the sith==anakin skywalker