Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 11:57 PM
Default Can't install says an early verison is installed.
Hello I tried installing the updated version. I can not find any traces of the previous version on my PC however I'm getting the error message that the older version needs reinstalled. I'm using windows 7 with a 64 bit operating system. Please see the attached jpeg of the error message. Please let me know if you need anything else from me. Also I looked in my register and there is nothing there for the Sims2packinstaller to remove.

Thanks so much,
Rachael
Attached files:
File Type: zip  sims2pack clean installer 1.6.12.0 setup.zip (132.9 KB, 25 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 1:02 AM
Did you try saying "yes, uninstall now"?

Could you try this:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=217787
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 1:09 AM
Hello, yes I clicked to uninstall now; nothing happens when I select this and and i can not locate any registry keys to remove from regedit. I also downloaded the frame work for .net for 1.1 and still nothing works. At this point I can install any houses from MTS that use clean installer. . Still looking for a solution on my own as well.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 1:57 AM
Hi I found this about .net 4 which was installed on my pc that i uninstalled and reinstalled:

.NET Framework 4

The .NET Framework is Microsoft's comprehensive and consistent programming model for building applications that have visually stunning user experiences, seamless and secure communication, and the ability to model a range of business processes.

The .NET Framework 4 works side by side with older Framework versions. Applications that are based on earlier versions of the Framework will continue to run on the version targeted by default.

.NET Framework 4 includes the following new features and improvements:

* Improvements in CLR and BCL
* Improvements in ADO.NET
* Enhancements to ASP.NET
* Improvements in Windows Presentation Foundation
* Improvements to Windows Workflow Foundation and Windows Communication Foundation

Download and install the .NET Framework 4 redistributable package:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 3:52 AM
I was able to get the no-install to work. Just thought I would give you a heads up.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 2:21 PM
Well done rachaelstar713, glad you fixed it.
Locked thread | Locked by: simsample Reason: Solved