Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 6:08 PM
Yay an update! Hope college is going great
I think it's so sweet that Nina made Dina move in with her, a redeeming quality in her character after basically neglecting Lettie for all those years. I also can't believe Don and Kaylynn have finally aged! Soon the original adults will have passed on, and the new generation will take over can't wait!

“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#102 Old 3rd Sep 2013 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PhoenixSpirit
Yay an update! Hope college is going great
I think it's so sweet that Nina made Dina move in with her, a redeeming quality in her character after basically neglecting Lettie for all those years. I also can't believe Don and Kaylynn have finally aged! Soon the original adults will have passed on, and the new generation will take over can't wait!

College is going really well, thanks! Glad you like that Nina and Dina are living together again. I thought it was better than her staying at the hospital. Looks like Nina is trying to change for the better since reaching elderhood!
I think I got a little behind playing with Kaylynn and Don somewhere along the road, because they aged pretty far behind everyone else. Oh well. The thought of all the original Maxis made characters passing on is sad but exciting!
Glad you enjoyed and can't wait for the next; neither can I!
Test Subject
#103 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 12:40 AM
They, along with cassie and brandi are the younger ones (that's how always view it anyway) so it did seem odd but I guess its a rotation, and uni always takes so long to ger through!
Where is Jane living? She's with Beau isnt she? Having a mental blank
So many households so little time

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#104 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 2:35 AM
They, along with cassie and brandi are the younger ones (that's how always view it anyway) so it did seem odd but I guess its a rotation, and uni always takes so long to ger through!
Where is Jane living? She's with Beau isnt she? Having a mental blank
So many households so little time

Yeah, I guess I think of them as younger too ;D
In my actual game Jane is living with Nina and Dina. In the story she's staying there because she's helping remodel the house. She's engaged to Ricardo, Dina's son. I don't think I specified that in story, maybe I should have xD
Oh, and Beau is with Allegra Gorey.
Test Subject
#105 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 7:33 PM
Ahh yes I remember now *facepalm* got the two mixed up
So Ricardo is living there too? Since alex and Lucy have the goth house?
I must admit I've never paired those two together, I love Lucy and her face and thought alex wasn't handsome enough for her maybe going to have to put them together and see what happens

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#106 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 10:10 PM
Ahh yes I remember now *facepalm* got the two mixed up
So Ricardo is living there too? Since alex and Lucy have the goth house?
I must admit I've never paired those two together, I love Lucy and her face and thought alex wasn't handsome enough for her maybe going to have to put them together and see what happens

It's okay, haha I realize there are a lot of characters and their story segments can be quite spread out.
Ricardo is still in college, but nearing the end. Jane was a junior, I believe. when he started.
Lucy and Alex were children when Ricardo was born, both several years older. I've never paired Lucy and Alex together until now! Alex is a gorky kid but as an adult, I think he's pretty handsome in a sort of unique way. With the right hairstyle and facial hair. Lucy is beautiful, but not very original. In past games I've played, the children Alex has fathered (not ever with Lucy) have always looked EXACTLY like him. I wonder if I still have any pictures of them...
Anyway, that nose and those lips on a little girl are quite terrifying. But, we shall see! That is, if they have children If you pair them up in your game, let me know how their kiddies turn out!

EDIT: Found the pictures!
Naomi Nova (Goth), the eldest

Rachel Lothario (Goth), the middle child...after her facial reconstructive surgery because she was so ugly...

Arthur Goth, the baby
Screenshots
Test Subject
#107 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 11:16 PM
Gotta love the quick fix surgery I adore the girls, and I'm reminded how much I like the name Naomi. I always blank at the name a baby stage, have to minimize and trawl through a baby name site to find one which suits.
Ricardo is still at uni? Oops... I feel like I've forgotten so much, gonna have to read it all again (what a tragedy...)

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#108 Old 5th Sep 2013 at 1:15 AM
Gotta love the quick fix surgery I adore the girls, and I'm reminded how much I like the name Naomi. I always blank at the name a baby stage, have to minimize and trawl through a baby name site to find one which suits.
Ricardo is still at uni? Oops... I feel like I've forgotten so much, gonna have to read it all again (what a tragedy...)

I usually don't use it but...she was an exception x_x They were really good girls who gave me beautiful babies; I loved them, and the name Naomi!
I keep a paper list of baby names a mile long so I don't have to minimize. I just take the one off the top.
Yes, Ricardo is still at uni with Letti, Destiny, Eden, and a lot of other of my simmies. Haha, glad you feel that way about my story ;D Hope it's just as good the second time around!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#109 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 8:36 AM
Default The Pleasantview Diaries (20)

Whoot whoot! 20 Chapters! That's gotta count for something, right? Anyways, I finished this all today after class and although it's been way less than a week since I've uploaded, I thought you good people deserved an extra chapter for having to wait so long for chapter 19. So, I hope you enjoy! This is a pretty long one.

Please, if you read this story, love or hate it, I want to hear from you. I'd love a comment, PM, thank, and/or rating. For the readers (if there are any) who do not have an account on MTS, I've decided to provide my email address. Don't hesitate to email me at [email protected]. If you do have an account here, you can just comment or send me a PM.

NOTE: Several people have alerted me that the characters are getting hard to keep track of. Who's related to who and why, names and dates yadda yadda. Considering the nature of my story, knowing that information is pretty important. To help everyone out, I've created an interactive family tree. It's pretty neat, so you should check it out. Especially if you're struggling with names and faces while reading the story. It's up to date with the story as of now. I will try to keep it up to date. So I guess, spoiler alert, don't look at it unless you're up to date with and have read the latest chapter. Here is the link to view it. There is also a link on my profile as well as in my signature. Hope it helps, let me know how you like it!

SIM STATE UNIVERSITY

Carter Long sat reading and talking with his half brother, Henry Broke, in the study lounge of the Pinenut Plaza dorms. While Dustin and Beau were very close, Henry and Carter, the youngest boys from the Broke-Long family, had always enjoyed each others’ company most of all. Carter, now a college freshman, joined Henry in the dorms and their brotherly bond grew.

Although the brothers spent a lot of time together, they often had disagreements that would cause Henry to run off to his girlfriend Tabitha Burb and Carter to stay home with his books. Carter was a deep, philosophical type and didn’t always appreciate Henry’s lust filled mind.

Also a new freshman at Sim State University was Gideon Goth. After his mother’s hospitalization, Gideon left home abruptly for college. The only parent he ever knew; he loved his mother dearly and hated seeing her confused and weak. So confused, she couldn’t even remember her youngest son. Of course, Gideon had thought. Once again Ricardo is the only kid she cares about.
University was the perfect place to hide from life for a few years. Feeling a bit depressed, Gideon was struggling to make friends and socialize.

Destiny Goth had noticed the strange new boy at Pinenut Plaza; he always kept to himself and she’d never heard him speak. Feeling sorry for the freshman, Destiny decided she would introduce herself. Gideon liked to avoid the social gathering sites where the his dorm mates hung out, so Destiny decided to sneak up on him while passing by in the hallway.
Destiny stopped the young man in his tracks and shook his hand. “Hi! You’re new here, right?”

Gideon grew shy. “Oh yeah. Hi. I’m a freshman this year.”
Destiny smiled warmly. “How come I never see you in the leisure room? Or the study lounge…or the cafeteria?”
Gideon’s cheeks grew red in embarrassment. “I guess I’m just not the social type.”
Destiny chuckled at Gideon’s obvious flushing. “Well hey, you don’t have to be shy here. We’re all practically family. I promise, everyone here is the friendly type.”
Gideon forced a half smiled. “Well, thanks. Maybe I’ll try introducing myself to some of the others.”

Destiny pumped her fist in the air enthusiastically. “That’s the spirit! Say, what’s your name again?”
“Oh sorry, I never said. I’m Gideon, Gideon Goth.”
Destiny’s smiled dropped off her face. “Did you say…Goth?”
Gideon smiled incredulously. “Yeah! Why?”
Wide eyed, Destiny pulled Gideon into her dorm. “We need to talk.”

Gideon and Carter were not the only new freshman at Sim State. In the Bright household, Lorenzo Lothario was patting himself on the back for finishing his very first term paper. “That wasn’t so bad. I think I can get used to this college life.”

Martin Ruben stood behind Lorenzo eerily. “You will be sick of those papers before sophomore year.”
Lorenzo jumped, throwing the computer mouse off the desk. “Dammit Martin! You can’t sneak up on people like that!” He readjusted the mouse and stood up to face his socially awkward housemate. “What do you want?”
“I want you to help me win the heart of your beautiful sister, Letti!”
“Oh brother….” Lorenzo was fully aware of the history between Martin and Letti. “You know, my sister and I aren’t very close. I only first met her a year ago. If you really want to win her over you should talk to Ricardo. Or better yet, my sister herself.”

“Oh no no no. That’ll never work. Your brother thinks I’m a twerp and your sister finds me repulsive.”
Lorenzo put his hands on his sides and quirked an eyebrow. “ And how do you expect me to change that? Do I look like your fairy godmother?”

“I don’t know how you are going to change it! That is for you to figure out! If I knew that I would not be asking for your help!”
Lorenzo sighed. “I can’t help you man, I’m sorry.” Lorenzo started to walk away.
“No! You have to help me, please, I love her! Just talk to her!”
Lorenzo sagged his shoulders and thought a moment. “If I talk to her, will you leave me alone?”
Martin stood still and calm, not wanting to ruin his chance to get Lorenzo’s help. “Yes. I promise.”
Lorenzo groaned dramatically. “Fine. I’ll talk to her.” He wagged his finger in Martin’s face. “But no funny business. That’s my sister. And I guarantee no results.”
Clearly intimidated by Lorenzo and his biceps, Martin closed his eyes and nodded his head in agreeance rapidly.

Lorenzo climbed the stairs of the Bright house and knocked on the girls’ room. “Letti? You in there?”
Without removing her eyes from her book, Letti told her half brother to come in. “What’s up?”
Lorenzo bit his lip worriedly. “It’s Martin…”

Letti sighed, set her book down, and sat up in her bed. “What does he want now?”
“What he always wants. For you to fall in love with him.”
Letti frowned and picked at some fuzz on her sweater before walking towards Lorenzo. “So what did he tell you?”
“Oh, just that nobody in our family likes him but he still thinks he has a chance. He has it in his head that I’m his last opportunity to win your heart."
Letti laughed. “Why? Because you’re new and the only one who hasn’t been fully exposed to his weirdness?”

Lorenzo chuckled. “I guess. I promised I’d talk to you though.”
Letti started flailing her hands about. “Well I’m not going out with him again! The first date was bad enough. I don’t need to spend any more time with him to tell that we’re not compatible.”
Lorenzo frowned. “I know, I know. But I had an idea…what if you went out with him again, but pretended to be really awful. You know, so he wouldn’t like you anymore and give up!”

Letti blew air through her lips and raised her eyebrows. “Sorry Lorenzo, but that’s not my style. It’s kind of childish, don’t you think?”
Lorenzo shrugged. “I guess. But it may be your only ticket out.”
“You know what would really work? If I actually had a boyfriend. A strong one that could scare him off. But that’s clearly not going to happen anytime soon. The only guys interested in me are...guys like Martin.” Letti’s face deflated and she began staring off, feeling blue about the lack of a desirable man in her life.
Lorenzo kissed Letti’s forehead and then started to head out of the room. “Don’t be sad. You have Ricardo and me. And Dad, don't forget. You’ll figure out what to do with Martin.”
Letti smiled weakly at her brother. “Thanks. I’ll try.” Even though Letti loved her family and was still passionate about her studies, graduation was looming in the distance. Letti knew that pretty soon her peers would be getting married and having babies. Letti, on the other hand, would be moving out of the Bright house and into a lonely apartment.

BROKE

It was a busy night in the Broke house, an evening full of birthdays. Rose and her twin sisters, Flora and Fauna, were all three ready to age into the next phase of life. The birthdays were in such abundance, that there was no time to plan any parties and only time for cake. Rose watched in sweet admiration as her daddy blew out the blazing candles for her. She wasn’t quite sure what was going on, but was very excited by all the clapping and cheering around her.

After some wobbling and jumping, Rose sprang into action as a rambunctious child. She admired her larger hands and feet in amazement, and then gave herself a little round of applause. The girl looked just like her daddy, but had all the coloring of her grandma Mary-Sue. Although she shared common family traits, Rose had a personality all her own. She was hyperactive and craved the attention of everyone she met. She was a happy and well loved girl. Thanks to Grandma Brandi and Grandpa Benji, she didn’t leave her parents too exhausted.

With the assistance of Grandpa Benji and Grandma Brandi, the twins followed behind their big sister in birthday celebration. Benjamin held green eyed Flora while Brandi cradled brown eyed Fauna. Both girls were thrown into the air and landed as toddlers in a rain of confetti.

Fauna, the older twin, had a striking resemblance to her grandmother Mary-Sue with her brown eyes, chubby cheeks, and jet black hair. Flora looked more like her father, although she had her mother’s green eyes and the black hair of both her grandmas. Despite their looks, both twins were delightful little girls who loved each other and their family very much. After Angela dressed them in matching pink pajamas, all the adults in the Broke household collapsed into bed after an exhausting night of birthdays.

The birthdays didn’t end there; a few days later it was finally time for Benjamin to become an elder. Not wanting a large celebration, Benjamin faced his lit up cake as he listened to his family cheer for him. A smile on his face, he looked back on his life with no regrets.

Not long after huffing and puffing on his candles, Benjamin went wide eyed as he felt the transformation begin to take over his body. After a few jerks and twitches, Benjamin's blonde hair disappeared and a cheesy Hawaiian shirt replaced his grey sweater. He looked at his new body and smiled happily, ready to join his beloved wife in the process of growing old.

After a change of clothes, Benjamin approached Brandi in their bedroom. “May I have this birthday dance?”
Brandi giggled and brought her hand to her chest. “Why sir, I’d be honored.”

A wide grin spread across Benjamin’s face, making his newly formed wrinkles visible. “Can you believe we have all these granddaughters after raising a house full of boys?”
Brandi chuckled. “It’s truly a miracle. I’m thankful though; I don’t know how many more years I could take of football tackles and machine gun noises.”
The couple laughed heartily together. “I’m so in love with you, Brandi. You’re such a wonderful wife and mother, now a grandmother. Your beauty inside and out never ceases to amaze me.”

Brandi’s heart fluttered. “Oh Benjamin…” He spun her around as they danced on the beige carpet. “I have you to thank for that. I was doing okay on my own, but you came along and brought color back into my world. You helped raise my boys, our boys in the way only a father can. I love you so much for that.”

Benjamin smiled proudly and dipped Brandi. He leaned in and kissed her passionately. “It was my pleasure, darling. I can’t wait to see what these last several years bring us.” The happy couple finished their dance and retreated to bed, unafraid of what the rest of their lives would bring them. They had each other, and that was enough.

DREAMER

In the early hours of the morning, Lilith woke up with a jolt and soon realized she was going into labor. After a few nights of “not trying to not get pregnant” with Dirk, the long time couple found themselves expecting a baby. Lilith clutched her abdomen and groaned through gritted teeth. “Ow ow ow! Oh Dirk! I need you!” Dirk was at work, and sadly, would miss the birth of his first child.

Although Dirk was not present, Darren heard Lilith’s shouting and cursing and came to the rescue. He was just in time to see Lilith spin, revealing the birth of a sweet little boy.

Lilith admired her son’s dark blue eyes and black hair. She smiled while the baby stretched his arms out towards his mother’s face. “He’s got Dirk’s blue eyes. Your blue eyes too!” Darren smiled at Lilith while she cradled the baby in her arm a little nervously. “How do I look?”
Darren beamed, a proud grandfather. “Like a natural mother. What are you going to name the little guy?”
“Liam,” Lilith said firmly. “That’s what Dirk and I decided.”

Lilith was reluctant to leave for work the next morning, but she knew little Liam was in good hands. Cassandra fell in love with the baby the instant she laid eyes on him. Although Dirk was only her step son, she loved Liam like her own flesh and blood. She doted on him day and night; the hole in her heart which longed for more children was finally filled.

After laying Liam down for his afternoon nap, Cassandra heard the phone ringing and hobbled downstairs to pick it up. She answered, expecting to hear from Dirk or Lilith. She was sure they’d be worried about their little boy all day at work. “Hello?”
To her surprise, Destiny, Cassandra’s baby sister, answered the phone. “Cassandra! I have big news!”

Cassandra thought a moment about what might be big news for Destiny. “Did Felix propose?!”
Destiny snorted a laugh. “Hah, I wish! But anyway, I met this guy at Sim State. His name is Gideon Goth. Cassandra, we have another brother!”
Cassandra blinked; it was hardly news to her. “Yes Destiny…I know. He’s the child Dad had with Dina Caliente. We have a step brother too, Ricardo Caliente.”

Destiny was bewildered, shocked. “A step brother?”
Cassandra furrowed her eyebrows, confused. “Yes…really Destiny? You didn’t hear this? Ricardo, Dina’s son, returned the house and fortune to our family. He told me about Gideon. He thought maybe I’d like to meet my half brother. I don’t know if I’m ready for that.”

Destiny was still confused and hurt. “You knew…all this time. And you didn’t tell me?”
“Oh Destiny don’t be dramatic. I thought you knew! You went to Alex and Lucy’s wedding; they own the house. Alex knows, obviously. You really didn’t realize?”
Destiny’s world came crashing down on her. Neither Cassandra or Alexander had included her on this major family event. Gideon and Ricardo hadn’t even known she existed. She was a family secret, hidden away by Cassandra.

Destiny grew very angry. “How the hell was I supposed to just realize?! I didn’t grow up in that house like you! I just thought they bought some house! You can’t just know things that people hide from you, Cassandra!”
Cassandra grew wide eyed. “Destiny, I wasn’t hiding anything from you! I swear, I thought you knew!”
Destiny didn’t care what her sister had to say. “Oh right, I forgot. You just want to hide me. This Ricardo guy knew about you and Alex, but not me?! You didn’t feel the need to so much as mention me? ‘Oh by the way new step brother, you have two step sisters! Maybe you’d want to tell Gideon he has two half sisters!?’ Gideon didn’t know about me either!”
Cassandra was shocked. “Destiny…I…”

“Save it! I’m so done with you trying to be my mom but then discluding me from the family! All my life you’ve made me feel like an outsider!”
Cassandra panicked. “Destiny you’re overreacting! I didn’t mean any harm! I’m sorry!”
Destiny snorted. “Yeah whatever. You know, it’s a good thing I met Gideon. We’re both rejected by our family. We’ll get along nicely. Goodbye, Cassandra.” With those last harsh words, Destiny hung up the phone, leaving Cassandra aching with regret.

PLEASANT

Mary-Sue Pleasant stood outside of her daughter’s pink house. Her stomach flip flopped as she debated on walking up to the door. Why am I so nervous? This is ridiculous! Mary-Sue hadn’t seen Angela since her wedding day which was three grandchildren ago. Angela had called her mother out of the blue, and asked her to come meet her granddaughters. Mary-Sue was grateful. Living alone in a tiny apartment wasn’t proving to be as liberating and happy as she once had hoped.
“They remind me so much of you!”, Angela had said over the phone. “They’re so beautiful, Mom.”

Before Mary-Sue could sneak away, Angela opened the door and came bolting down the porch. “Mom?!”, she cried out while covering her eyes from the sun.
The second Mary-Sue laid eyes on her red headed daughter all her nerves slipped away. Her motherly instincts kicked in as she beckoned for her daughter to come closer. “Oh come give your mommy a hug, you!”

Angela wrapped her arms around Mary-Sue and sighed peacefully. “Oh mom, it’s so good to see you.” She breathed in her mother’s familiar perfumed smell. “I can’t wait for you to meet the girls. The twins should just be waking up from their nap.”

The mother and daughter duo made their way upstairs to Angela and Dustin’s room, where the twins slept. “Mom, meet Flora and Fauna.”
Mary-Sue looked at her granddaughters and smiled with pride. “They’re gorgeous. And what clever names!”
Flora looked up at her Grandma and smiled. “Flora, say hi to Grandma!”

Mary-Sue leaned into the crib and scooped up the smiling Flora while Angela picked up Fauna, who was still a bit sleepy. “Hi sweetie!” Mary-Sue waved at Flora, making her giggle. “They’re so easy to tell apart! You got lucky that way. It was difficult when you and Lilith were babies.”
Angela smiled, reminiscing and bouncing Fauna on her hip. “Oh I’m sure. Red hair and green eyes all around. Not these two. They look different as day and night.”
Mary-Sue laughed knowingly. “You and Lilith’s personalities are different as day and night.”

After two diaper changes, the ladies headed downstairs. Fauna was more awake now and excited to play with her newly discovered Grandma. After an abundance of giggles, Mary-Sue stood up to join Angela on the couch. “Fauna really does look like me. I’m amazed two of your daughters have my eyes and they all have my dark hair. Speaking of that, where’s this Rose I've heard so much about?”

Just then, Rose burst through the door and into the living room. “Mommy! You’ll never guess what happened today! Guess! Try!”
“Did you…” Rose cut her off, bubbling with excitement.
“I got my report back and I got an A plus! Aren’t you so proud of me?!”

Angela stood up to cheer for her daughter. “Wow! Yes Rosie, I am so proud of you!”
Rose’s laughter overflowed; she was practically enveloped in giddiness. “I’m so proud of me too, Mommy! Oh my gosh I could just kiss my report card!” Kiss the report card she did. After a few more cheers and displays of approval from Angela, Rose was satisfied. Angela could barely make the child stand still long enough to say hi to her Grandma before she flew up to her room.

Mary-Sue rose from the couch laughing. “She’s quite the bundle of energy, that one.”
Angela smiled in pride and exhaustion, waving her hands in the air. “You’re telling me! I don’t know how to handle her half the time! Rose is so stubborn and competitive, yet so sweet and happy. She seriously wears me out. I don’t know where she gets it from, honestly.”
Mary-Sue almost doubled over in laughter. “Are you kidding? I do!”
Angela cocked her head. “You do?”

"Oh come on Angela. The girl is exactly like you! When you were her age you needed my attention and approval more than you needed oxygen.”
Angela laughed. “Really?”
“Oh yes my dear. And it didn’t end there. You were always trying to out do everyone in high school. Not just with grades but cheerleading and with your sister. You really didn’t put that together? Why, it was like déjà vu when Rosie came through the front door!”
Angela laughed lightly, a little embarrassed. “Well, I guess you’re right.”

“You know Mom, I’m actually glad you pointed that out. None of the girls look anything like me, and that’s always made me a bit sad. Now I know at least she got something from me.”
Mary-Sue laughed and hugged her daughter. “Now you know how I felt when you and Lilith popped out with Daniel’s fiery red hair and emerald green eyes.” Mary-Sue internally scolded herself for bringing up her separated husband. “But really dear, I can see those girls are the apple of your eye. I’m so glad you invited me over. Meeting them has brightened my day tremendously.”
Angela’s heart softened, now thankful the girls looked so much like their grandmother. Had they not, Angela may have never invited her mother over. They may have never reaffirmed there mother-daughter relationship. “Oh mom,” Angela said gingerly, “I’m so happy to hear that. I love you.”

Test Subject
#110 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 2:55 PM
Yay yay yay an update! Poor Destiny, feeling completely alienated from her own family. It's always strange to see her with Cassie, since the age gap is so large.
I like how the Bright household is still in play, although I don't want Lettie with Martin. Martin seems like a creep to me, plus he ain't that attractive It's going to get confusing later to pair couples who aren't distantly related
Must ask, WCIF your hairstyles? Especially Ricardo's. I find it really difficult to find male hair that isn't girly.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#111 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 6:24 PM
Yay yay yay an update! Poor Destiny, feeling completely alienated from her own family. It's always strange to see her with Cassie, since the age gap is so large.
I like how the Bright household is still in play, although I don't want Lettie with Martin. Martin seems like a creep to me, plus he ain't that attractive It's going to get confusing later to pair couples who aren't distantly related
Must ask, WCIF your hairstyles? Especially Ricardo's. I find it really difficult to find male hair that isn't girly.

Yay yay yay a comment! ;D Destiny has always felt alienated and that she had a tough childhood. But did she really? Cassandra provided her with a life far different than Dina would have, most likely. That's for the reader to determine.
Letti has no interest in Martin at this time. Who knows what the future will bring :o It definitely will be a challenge when all these characters start having kids. I may end up having to leave a lot of the characters out of the story.
A lot of my hairstyles, including Ricardo's, come from the website The Sims Resource. I wouldn't recommend going there though; that website gave me 2 viruses that messed up my whole computer, including Sims files. I have still have those viruses to this day. The site does have A TON of awesome hairstyles though, so it's up to you. How brave are you, lol? It's so hard to find good hairstyles for guys, I agree. It was like I hit the jackpot at TSR. But...ya know...viruses and stuff. If you do decide to go there, go straight to the hairstyles by Cazy and Skysims. They are fabulous; the rest are mostly meh.
A lot of my hair also come from the website XM Sims , which is not a dangerous site. They have some really great hair but also some really bad hair. You've gotta dig through and decide. The better ones are the newer ones.
Test Subject
#112 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 11:43 PM
Great chapter! I feel bad for Cassandra; Destiny is acting really ungrateful.

Also, I really like Don's kids! His kids always come out so cute
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#113 Old 10th Sep 2013 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangoberry
Great chapter! I feel bad for Cassandra; Destiny is acting really ungrateful.

Also, I really like Don's kids! His kids always come out so cute

Hey mangoberry! Thanks so much for reading and commenting Funny how some readers feel sorry for Cassandra and others take Destiny's side. I love Don's kids too; he has great genes!
Test Subject
#114 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 12:04 AM
Destiny ftw and also, thanks on the advice! I found the ones you used and now they're in my game
(Also, Alex and Lucy aren't getting together this time in my game... they've tripled bolted with Jill Smith and a townie called Joe Brown respectively. Maybe next time :P

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#115 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 10:49 PM
Destiny ftw and also, thanks on the advice! I found the ones you used and now they're in my game
(Also, Alex and Lucy aren't getting together this time in my game... they've tripled bolted with Jill Smith and a townie called Joe Brown respectively. Maybe next time :P

Haha, glad you like Destiny so well Also glad you found the hair you wanted! Which websites did you end up going to?
Joe Brown? Jill Smith? Pft. Alex and Lucy belong together! Just kidding, I wish your simmies mounds of happiness.
Test Subject
#116 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hmrnd3
Haha, glad you like Destiny so well Also glad you found the hair you wanted! Which websites did you end up going to?
Joe Brown? Jill Smith? Pft. Alex and Lucy belong together! Just kidding, I wish your simmies mounds of happiness.

Heh, Sims Resource and found the creators you mentioned Guys hair is notoriously difficult to find; my guy sims end up having the same hair most of the time why would I want long hair for a guy? No! *ends rant*

And yeah, Joe Brown was a Townie that Jennifer brought home from work... he was cute so I made Lucy talk to him... that was all I had to do really. Woohooed in her parents bed the same night... (thanks ACR)
And I sent Alex and Jill to college together, living in the same dorm. They're both geeky so they fell in love pretty easily

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#117 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 10:25 PM Last edited by hmrnd3 : 17th Sep 2013 at 11:05 PM.
Default The Pleasantview Diaries (21)

Ooo, a shiny new cover! I figured since everyone on the old cover looks completely different by now or is dead, it was time for a change. So now you get to see a screenshot of the actualy Pleasantview neighborhood.
Anyways, this chapter is huge. By huge I don't mean long, I mean BIG things are happening! So please, enjoy and comment away!
Please, if you read this story, love or hate it, I want to hear from you. I'd love a comment, PM, thank, and/or rating. For the readers (if there are any) who do not have an account on MTS, I've decided to provide my email address. Don't hesitate to email me at [email protected]. If you do have an account here, you can just comment or send me a PM.
NOTE: Several people have alerted me that the characters are getting hard to keep track of. Who's related to who and why, names and dates yadda yadda. Considering the nature of my story, knowing that information is pretty important. To help everyone out, I've created an interactive family tree. It's pretty neat, so you should check it out. Especially if you're struggling with names and faces while reading the story. It's up to date with the story as of now. I will try to keep it up to date. So I guess, spoiler alert, don't look at it unless you're up to date with and have read the latest chapter. Here is the link to view it. There is also a link on my profile as well as in my signature. Hope it helps, let me know how you like it!

CALIENTE

Ricardo Caliente walked into his Aunt’s house and stomped the snow off his shoes. He shuddered from the bitter cold and shouted playfully, “I’m here to collect my girl!”
Jane Stacks’ eyes lit up at the sound of her fiancé's voice. She came running into the living room, her brown wavy hair bouncing around. “Ricardo! You’re here!”, she cried while throwing her arms around the man. Jane had been staying with Ricardo’s mother and aunt to build two additions to her home. Now the house was finished, Ricardo was graduated, and the couple was ready to start their lives. “I’ve missed you so much! How does it feel to be a college graduate?”
Ricardo chuckled and embraced Jane. “It feels great. I can’t wait to show you the apartment I have ready for us. It’s expensive, but worth it. Are you ready to go?”

Jane squealed and squeezed Ricardo even tighter. “Yes! My stuff is all packed! Ooo, I can’t wait to see!”
In the middle of their embrace, Nina entered the living room with a knowing smile on her face. “My my, you’d think you two haven’t seen each other in years.”

The young couple laughed while Ricardo hugged his Aunt. “Hi, Aunt Nina. Thanks for taking care of Jane for me.”
Nina smiled warmly. “It was my pleasure. She’s family; families take care of each other.”
Ricardo winced then forced a smile. He knew all too well his Aunt was taking care of his schizophrenic mother, and had saved her from certain fate in a psychiatry ward.
“Besides, she took more care of us than I did of her! Plus, the house is beautiful. She did a wonderful job. I told her to design it just like she’d want her own home and I have to say, the girl has good taste! Want to take a look around, Ricardo?”
Jane blushed at the praise while Ricardo frowned. “Sorry, Aunt Nina. I’d love to, but the landlord is waiting for us to come sign the lease on the apartment. We really need to be going.”

Nina smiled slyly. “Oh nonsense, you don’t need an apartment when you own a whole house!”
Jane and Ricardo looked at each other, confused. Jane cleared her throat. “Aunt Nina, we don’t have a house.”
Nina laughed. “Sure you do! This house! I’m giving it to you to raise your family in.”

Jane and Ricardo were shocked and immediately overwhelmed. Ricardo’s mouth dropped open. “Aunt Nina! You can’t just give us your house! Where will you live? Where will my mom go?”
Jane tried to turn down the offer as well. “Not to mention, if anyone should get the house, it should be Letti. She’s your daughter.”
Nina laughed. “Well, first of all, I can give you my house and I will. Jane designed and expanded it to her liking; you two belong here. Besides, I’m old. It’s too big for me to keep up. Not to mention those horrendous stairs. Second of all, your mother and I will be fine. I’ve got the perfect setup planned for us; don't you worry your pretty little head. And Letti, she doesn’t want the house. I’ve tried giving it to her already but she’ll barely talk to me let alone move back here. So, it’s yours.”
Jane and Ricardo were at a loss for words.

Ricardo tried to muster up a competent sentence. “Aunt Nina…I…”
Jane stepped towards Nina and wrapped her arms around her. “Thank you. This is the most thoughtful wedding gift in history; plus what we need most of all! We will forever be in debt to you.”
Nina smiled happily and returned Jane’s hug, patting her back. “Thank you for letting me give such a big gift. Seeing you two raise your family here will be enough of a favor for me.”

Nina and Dina were completely moved out within the month, leaving Ricardo and Jane to get settled and finish planning their wedding.
“I still can’t believe this is our house.” Ricardo fluffed his pillow while beaming at Jane.
Jane smiled, still in disbelief herself. “I know. It was beyond generous of your Aunt. Much better than being cooped up in an apartment. We would have been changing diapers on the window sill!”

Ricardo hopped onto the bed and put his arm around Jane. “Diapers, huh?”
Jane raised her eyebrows and pursed her lips. “Yeah, diapers…you’re not about to tell me you don’t want kids, are you?”
Ricardo chuckled. “Of course not. I can’t wait to be a father. I want our children to have only one dad, and know without a doubt who that is. I don’t want them growing up like I did.”

Jane nuzzled up to Ricardo and sighed happily. “I know, sweetie. You’re going to be a terrific father. I believe that with all of my heart.”
Ricardo closed his eyes and smiled. “Your faith in me means everything, I love you.”
The two lovebirds sat close, kissing softly in their new bed, both anticipating their new life that was finally starting.

LOTHARIO

Carmen Lothario sat on her living room floor while practicing writing her letters. “Homework is such a drag,” she said with a grumbly sigh. “I already know how to write and read.” Don Lothario, Carmen’s father, heard the girl complaining and decided to set her straight.

“Young lady, doing your homework is very important! Both your mother and I always did all of our homework. That’s how we reached the top of our career and why we have this nice house.”
Carmen sighed, annoyed. She was almost positive that her parents missed at least one homework assignment. She wished her father would let her be. “Somebody is at the door, Dad.” Don quirked an eyebrow at his daughter and turned around.

Don saw his daughter, Letti Caliente, peeping through the glass. Before he could grab the handle, she burst through the front door. “Daddy!”, she whimpered. The girl was sure to burst into tears at any moment.
Don studied Letti, perplexed and worried. “Carmen, why don’t you go upstairs with your mother?”

Carmen scurried upstairs and Letti’s sobs begun. Don hurried over to his daughter and put his arm around her. “Hija, what’s happened? Why are you crying?”
Letti continued wailing and Don held her, unsure of how to handle the situation and why his daughter was coming to him rather than Nina. Has something happened to Nina? Don’s heart skipped a beat at that thought.
Letti’s shoulders heaved as tears rolled down her cheeks. Through hiccups and near hyperventilation Letti managed to say, “Da..Dad..I..I..I’m..I’m..preg..pregnant.”

Don’s mouth fell open. “Pregnant?! You? How?!”
Letti, now calmer since she'd broken the big news, was able to explain her story with less tears. “Well, it was the big graduation party. My last day of college. I had so much juice. I never had any before that night.”
Don understood the situation immediately. “Oh no…Letti you've never been one to drink!”

Letti sighed. “I know! But everyone kept telling me to relax and celebrate. So I did. I was tired of being the goody two shoes who only has time for books. I don’t even remember how much I drank. I don’t remember much of anything. But I do remember waking up in my bed, in my room. Then realizing there was somebody in bed with me. I panicked, and hoped it was my friend Allegra, maybe even Lorenzo or Ricardo.”
Don listened intently, upset yet intrigued. “Letti, who was it?!”

Letti sighed, visibly ashamed. “Martin Ruben. I slept with Martin Ruben.”
Don cringed. “You mean that guy who kept following you around the entire night? He obviously has feelings for you…and you obviously couldn’t stand him.”
Letti sniffled. “That’s the one. Now we’re having a baby.”

Letti buried her face in her hands. “I’m so embarrassed.”
Don grew angry, his fatherly instincts kicking in. “That little creep. I bet he was handing you drinks all night.”
Letti groaned. “Ugh Dad, don’t say that. That makes it worse.”
Don’s face softened and he hugged his daughter. “I’m sorry. But it’ll be okay. You’re smart, brave girl. You’ll get through this. I’ll help. Having a baby isn't the end of the world.”
Letti sighed peacefully, her father’s words brought her comfort. “Thanks, Dad. I love you.”

GOTH

In the Goth household, Lucy and Alex were comfortably settling into married life. When the couple wasn’t at work or desperately trying for a baby, they devoted a lot of their time to their hobbies. Lucy, an aspiring journalist, clicked away at her computer researching and writing articles. Alex spent a lot of time inventing new machines and robots in his laboratory.

Despite his new love for robotics, Alex didn’t lose sight of what really mattered to him: proving his father’s sanity and his mother’s disappearance. Night after night, Alex stood on the roof gazing up into the sky through his telescope. Even though he owned the most expensive telescope that money could buy, the summer sky was lacking in UFOs. Still, Alex enjoyed stargazing and he knew his motives were very important; it was a labor of love.

After years of research and investigation, Alex thought he had finally deciphered and mastered the written language these so called aliens were likely to use. “By shining this flashlight into the lens of my telescope”, he had tried explaining to Lucy one night at dinner, “I can attract and communicate with any spaceships flying by. They will see the light and recognize their language, then hopefully I can observe them.” What Alex didn’t tell Lucy was that truthfully, he hoped the aliens would abduct him like his mother. Lucy already thought trying to communicate with potentially dangerous life forms was a bad enough idea, without knowing Alex's true goal. So one night when Lucy was in bed, Alex decided to try signaling the aliens.

Giddy with anticipation, Alex began flashing the light beam into the night sky. His heart pounded as his eyes darted around, hoping to catch and sign of life. Alex gulped, feeling nervous. This will work. It has to.

Alex spent hours signaling and observing. He started to belive his efforts were in vain, knowing the sun would rise soon. Maybe tomorrow night. Just as Alex started packing everything up to go inside, a blinding, bright light shot down on him. He froze, and slowly raised his head towards the heavens only to find the light was too bright to look directly into.

Heart pumping wildly, Alex closed his eyes and shouted towards the light. “Yes! You’re here! You’re finally here! Please, I want to talk to you!” Instead of an answer, Alex heard some clicks and what sounded like turbines switching on. A loud whirring sound made Alex conver his ears as the light beam began shooting down in waves. “What in the…” Before Alexander could finish, he felt his feet lift from the ground. He suddenly realized what was happening, and all his desire to be abducted vanished. “Oh no! No no no!”

Alexander screamed as he rose higher and higher into the air. “Stop! Don’t take me! I don’t want to go anymore!” He’d never felt so afraid in all his life. Completely off the ground now, Alex desperately thrust his hands out towards his telescope. He grabbed on and held tight. “You’re not taking me!”

The sucking power of the tractor beam grew more, and more intense as almost all of Alex’s body was being pulled upward. His grip began to loosen on the telescope; he heard his back crack. If he didn’t let go, the beam would pull him in half. Alex yelled out in pain. “Goodbye, Lucy”, he whispered and let go, letting his body whirl further into the light until he finally disappeared.

Several hours passed by; Lucy slept soundly in bed. She was unaware of her husband's absence as well the loud whirring noise that filled the house as the UFO returned with Alex.

Before opening its doors, the spaceship hovered in front of the Goth mansion for a few moments. Finally, the strong metal door of the UFO retracted and Alexander fell out rather ungracefully. He screamed and fell through the air, finally landing in the street with an unpleasant thud.

Alex laid still and flat in the street for several moments. Groaning in pain, he tried to stand up. “What just…” The familiar swooshing of the spaceship behind him refreshed his memory. Alex stood up, quickly yet wobbly, and gasped. “Am I dreaming?”

Alex turned around slowly, fearfully, and saw the UFO still behind him. He screamed, and watched it hover eerily. After a few more moments, the door shut and it flew away. Alex stood in the front yard, speechless with terror and excitement. “I’m alive!” he cried. “Oh no…what year is it?!” Alex remembered how his mother had been abducted only to return years later. He screamed his wife’s name over and over while running towards the house, stumbling up the steps.

Alex bolted into the bedroom and found his wife sleeping peacefully, still young and beautiful. “Oh thank goodness! Lucy, Lucy wake up!” He flicked on the nightstand light and continued hollering. “Lucy you’ll never guess what just happened!”
Lucy woke up groggily and sat on the edge of the bed. Unimpressed and still tired, she stared at the wall. “This had better be good, Alexander Goth.”
Alex could barely contain himself. “Lucy, I’ve just been abducted by aliens!” Before she could reply, Alexander's eyes went wide and he covered his mouth while running towards the bathroom.

Slightly alarmed, Lucy followed Alex into the bathroom only to find him hunched over the toilet, vomiting up a peculiar blue liquid. “Oh Alex. Sweetie are you okay?”

Alex recovered quickly and stood up, wiping his mouth on a nearby towel. "I’m more than okay! Did you not hear what I said?! I have just been abducted by aliens! I was right all along! My father was right! He’s not crazy and my mother really was abducted!”
Lucy didn’t know what to think. “Whoa slow down there. You’re freaking me out Alex.”

Alex smoothed his hands over his sweater vest and took a deep breath. “My apologies. I was on the roof, stargazing. A bright beam of light shown down on me. It sucked me up into a spaceship and then spit me back out in front of the house. I’ve been gone for hours!”
Lucy was skeptical. Alex had been working really hard and not getting a lot of sleep. Was it possible he hallucinated? “You’re sure of this?”

Alex put his hands on his hips. “Yes, Lucy. I’ve waited my whole life for this. Of course I’m sure. Do you not believe me?”
Lucy bit her lip. “No no, it’s not that. It’s just…how will anyone else believe you?”

Alex pouted. “Well I don't know. I have not thought about that yet. Excuse me, I've just returned from outer space.”
Lucy sighed. “You’re right, I’m sorry. I’m happy for you. Yay. Let’s go back to bed, okay? You’re worrying me.”
Alex nodded a little sadly then reluctantly returned to bed with his wife.

Neither Lucy nor Alex got much sleep for the reminder of the night. By the next morning, Lucy still couldn’t stop thinking about everything her husband had said. She’d been helping him research alien activity since they met, but she never thought this day would actually come. Lucy frowned while she baked her berry pie, a futile attmept to get her mind off the situation at hand. She slipped the pie into the oven and heard someone enter the kitchen behind her.
“Uhm, Lucy…”

She shut the oven door and turned around at the sound of Alex’s voice. She saw him; she gasped and brought her hand to her heart. “Alex! You’re…you’re…”

“…You’re pregnant!?”

TO BE CONTINUED
Test Subject
#118 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 11:52 PM
*squeals( AHHHHHHHHH! Wow wow wow.
First of all: how sweet that Nina gave them the house, but where will they go? They're old, bless em. Have they moved into an apartment or with someone else? I must know!
Second: AHHH NOOOO that creep got Letti pregnant! Darn him. I think it's the hair, I've never liked the look of him, even when I played him. He just stays unplayed now. Is she going to keep it?Be a single mum? Be with... Martin? *shudders*
Third: YAY HE GOT ABDUCTED BY ALIENS! How is Lucy going to cope with HIM being pregnant; since she's the one that wants to be pregnant? What will the neighbours think?
You were right about it being a big important chapter! So glad I checked for an update before I went to bed
*dances*
Will sleep now.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#119 Old 16th Sep 2013 at 3:34 AM
*squeals( AHHHHHHHHH! Wow wow wow.
First of all: how sweet that Nina gave them the house, but where will they go? They're old, bless em. Have they moved into an apartment or with someone else? I must know!
Second: AHHH NOOOO that creep got Letti pregnant! Darn him. I think it's the hair, I've never liked the look of him, even when I played him. He just stays unplayed now. Is she going to keep it?Be a single mum? Be with... Martin? *shudders*
Third: YAY HE GOT ABDUCTED BY ALIENS! How is Lucy going to cope with HIM being pregnant; since she's the one that wants to be pregnant? What will the neighbours think?
You were right about it being a big important chapter! So glad I checked for an update before I went to bed
*dances*
Will sleep now.

Hahaha, this comment made my day! Nina and Dina's new living arrangements will be revealed in a later chapter. Don't worry!
I've never been a big fan of Martin either; I much prefer his brother, Joshua. I've already planned out the future of Letti, baby, and Martin. You'll see what happens in chapter 23, as well as what comes of Alex's alien baby!
Glad you appreciated the significance of this chapter too, and that it even made you dance! ;D
Thanks so much! Always look forward to your comments!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#120 Old 19th Sep 2013 at 12:16 AM
Default The Pleasantview Diaries (22, Part 1)

Hello all! I don't know how or why, but chapter 22 ended up really long. Because of that, it needs to be uploaded in two parts. So because of that and the fact I finished it early, here is part one! Part two will probably be posted Friday. Or Saturday. Or tomorrow. Who knows really?
Anyway, there's a link to the family tree in my signature. It's cool so you should check it out. Also, my email is [email protected] if you'd like to contact me. If you have an account on MTS, just PM me or comment. I'd love any fan mail/critique. So please, comment, rate, and thank! Enjoy!

SIM STATE UNIVERSITY

Destiny Goth smiled and squinted through the afternoon sun while exiting her dorm building. She looked around the balcony of the Pinenut Plaza dorms and quickly detected her boyfriend, Felix Pleasant. Felix had asked Destiny earlier that day to meet him at noon; there was something he wanted to talk about. Destiny walked towards Felix without a doubt in her mind that today was day Felix would propose. It’s not where I expected. Not as romantic as I expected either, she thought to herself. Nevertheless, her heart pounded in excitement with every step.

Destiny reached the end of the balcony and smiled sweetly at Felix. “Hi sweetie! Wow! It’s sure nice outside today!”
Felix bit his lip. “Yeah, I suppose.”
Destiny blushed and giggled meekly. “You’re so nervous, aren’t you?”
Felix cocked his head to the side, confused. “Nervous?”
Destiny giggled again. “Yes! I can tell. Don’t be. I know what’s coming.”
Felix raised his eyebrows. “You do?”

Destiny flashed a wide smile. “Of course, silly! You’re going to propose!”
Felix’s mouth dropped open while he blinked at Destiny. “Propose?! Destiny, you’re mistaken. That’s not what…I’m not proposing to you.”
Destiny dropped her shoulders and raised her eyebrows, slightly embarrassed. “Oh…well, why did you ask me to meet you here then?”

Felix sighed. “Destiny, this isn’t easy for me to do. Everything you just said is only making it harder. I’m breaking up with you Destiny. It’s time. We’re no good.”
Destiny was stunned, the day was bringing the exact opposite of what she had anticipated. Her brown eyes went wide and filled to the brim with tears. “We’re no good?”
Felix put his hands up in protest. “Oh c’mon Destiny, don’t be like this. We had some good times, but we were just kids then. You want six kids and a white picket fence. That’s not me. We’ll be graduated soon, and I want to start my life with somebody else. Somebody more goal oriented like myself. Driven, and willing to do whatever it takes to rise to the top. I’ve met that somebody, and I’m afraid it’s not you.”

Destiny began to wring her hands uncomfortably while staring at her shoes. Her heart sank in her chest while her head spun. “There’s…someone else?”
Felix nodded solemnly. “It’s Eden.”
“No.” Destiny shook her head fiercely.
“We’re in love.”
Destiny screwed up her face. “Eden? My little niece, Eden?!

Felix folded his arms across his chest. “Don’t be dramatic, it’s not like we tried to fall in love.”
Destiny grew angry and leaned into Felix. “How dare you?!” Her hands formed fists and she threw them behind her furiously. “Of all the people Felix, Eden?!"
Felix scowled. “You’re being ridiculous. You should know more than anyone the two of us are exactly the same. We belong together.”
Destiny laughed hysterically. “You’re right. You two deserve each other.”

Felix threw his hands up in exasperation. “I don’t need this.” He began to walk away.
Destiny screamed after him. “I never want to see you again! The both of you! Don’t you dare talk to me ever again!”

After she got enough tears out for the day, Destiny went for a walk. With no destination in mind, she ended up at the park. Ignoring the high heels that were blistering her feet, she walked along the lush path filled with roses and green leaves. Eden. I should have known, she thought to herself. Destiny recalled how after she’d broken up with her first boyfriend, Tristan Burb, Eden had snatched him up. Since college, Eden had found her wild side, sleeping with many of the boys at Pinenut Plaza and never settling down with one. Until now. Destiny snorted at the thought of wild, beautiful Eden and stick in the mud Felix getting married.

Destiny walked around the park, watching the fish swimming merrily in the pond. The park was peaceful, a great place for one to gather their thoughts. The more she walked, the more she realized losing Felix wasn’t what she was really upset about. Destiny scratched her head, realizing the situation was just one more way her family had let her down. Will it never end? Can I trust anyone?

Destiny smiled slightly. Maybe it’s better this way. All her life, people, her family, had either betrayed her or abandoned her altogether. She was growing numb, beginning to expect disappointment. Unable to ignore her throbbing feet any longer, Destiny found a nearby bench overlooking the pond and sat down. I’m all on my own now. No more relying on others to make me happy. I don’t need anyone.
A sudden, male voice interrupted Destiny’s thoughts. “Deep in thought, are we?”

Startled, Destiny turned her head towards the voice. “Oh! Sorry, I didn’t see you there.”
The young man, Lorenzo Lothario, smiled slightly then looked away into the distance. “Eh, it’s alright.”
Destiny studied the dark haired man. He was very handsome, but looked sad. “Is something wrong?”

Lorenzo chuckled sarcastically. “Yeah. I let my sister get knocked up by a total loser.”
Destiny raised her eyebrows and looked away with a smirk on her face. “Yikes. My sister who thinks she’s my mom hates me and my boyfriend left me for my niece.”
Lorenzo, wide eyed and mouth gaping, looked over at Destiny. “Wow, and I thought I had problems.”

The pair looked each other in the eyes and proceeded to burst into laughter. Lorenzo stared at Destiny, eyes twinkling. “Life’s a bitch.”
Destiny laughed, smiling back at him. “Yeah. That’s what I used to say. I’m done acting like that though; it hasn’t worked for me so far. Nobody is going to feel sorry for you. Nobody! And horrible things will just keep happening. I’m just going to be my own person from now on.”
Lorenzo nodded. “That seems like a good outlook. Depressing, but good.”

Destiny grew excited. “It’s not depressing! It’s the only way to not be depressed!” Lorenzo stared at Destiny, eating up every word with an intrigued expression on his face. You’ve got to forget about everyone else and just do what makes you happy! Live! Choose to be happy! Be spontaneous!”

With that, Destiny reached out and hooked her arms around Lorenzo. She pulled his body towards her and kissed him passionately. Lorenzo didn’t try to fight her as sparks flew in both their heads.

Destiny released Lorenzo, their lips making a big smacking sound. They retreated to their respective sides of the bench. Destiny smiled, satisfied with herself. Lorenzo laughed and cleared his throat. “Ahem…well, uh…that was…”
Destiny chuckled. “That is happiness!”
Lorenzo scratched the back of his neck and shook his head. “You’re something else. What did you say your name was again?”

Destiny thought a moment. “I didn't say, and I don’t think I should tell you. I just told myself I wasn’t going to develop any more attachments to people.”
Lorenzo looked surprised and saddened. “Awh what? C’mon! We’ve really hit it off!”
Destiny shook her head. “Sorry. No can do.”

Lorenzo slapped his thighs and moved to stand up. “Alright then, Cinderella. Can I call you that? I’ll be on my way then.”
Destiny watched him start to walk away. “Where are you going?”
Lorenzo looked at her slyly. “Back to the castle. Hopefully someday we’ll meet again.”
Destiny rolled her eyes. “Oh c’mon. You can’t possibly believe we'll really see each other again.”

Lorenzo smirked. “Once is an accident. Twice is fate.” He winked and continued to leave. “Have a lovely day, Cinderella.”
Destiny blushed and watched the mysterious Prince Charming walk away, a devilish grin on his face.

PLEASANT

Mary-Sue Pleasant lounged on her couch in the lonely living room of her apartment. Breathing slowly, she thought about her grandchildren and how much they had reminded her of Daniel, her husband. She’d been thinking about him a lot lately, almost wishing she would have never moved out from their beautiful home.

Now agitated, Mary-Sue pushed her feeble body into a sitting position. No matter what she did, and more importantly, no matter what Daniel did, she couldn’t fall out of love with him. She couldn’t forget all the years they spent together, the family they created. Mary-Sue hated herself for that. Tonight, however, she wanted to do something about it.

Mary-Sue walked into her small kitchen, her heart rate beginning to pick up. She stared at the black metallic phone hanging on the wall. This is ridiculous. I’m acting like a silly school girl. Mary-Sue raised her hand to grab the phone; it froze in mid air. Just call him!

Making up her mind in an instant, Mary-Sue snatched the phone from the wall and quickly dialed her old home number. Her finger shook slightly as she punched the plastic buttons. The phone rang and Daniel answered, sounding like he had been sleeping.
“Hi, Daniel. It’s Mary-Sue. I know you’re probably surprised I’m calling. I think it’s best I just come over so we can talk.”

Daniel was more than surprised. He never thought he’d see his wife again, and now she wanted to come over. The silence on Daniel’s end worried Mary-Sue; she began to wonder if calling was really a good idea.
“Hello? Daniel?”
Daniel snapped out of his shock induced trance. “Uh, yeah! Of course! Please, come over.”
“Alright, see you soon then.” Mary-Sue hung up the phone and hopped into her car while Daniel scrambled to get dressed for the second time that day.

Mary-Sue arrived at the Pleasant house and rang the doorbell. Daniel raced to the door, smiling at his estranged wife through the glass. He opened the door and stepped out on the front porch. Mary-Sue looked him up and down, smiling slightly. “Hello, Daniel.”
Daniel could hardly believe what was happening. “What…why have you come back?”
Mary-Sue held back her laughter at Daniel’s adorable confusion. “Let’s go inside.”

Puzzled and scratching his head, Daniel followed Mary-Sue into the foyer. Poised on the couch, Mary-Sue smiled up at her husband. “Have you met our granddaughters?”
Daniel nodded while joining Mary-Sue on the couch, smiling proudly. “Yes, I have.”

“Angela thinks they look just like me. I didn’t believe it until I actually saw them.”
Daniel nodded, looking into Mary-Sue’s eyes. “That’s why they’re so beautiful.” Mary-Sue looked away and dropped her smile. Feeling the tension, Daniel tried to change the subject. “So, why did you come to see me?” He winced, realizing what he had said. “You did come to see me, didn’t you?”
Mary-Sue nodded solemnly. “I did.”

Daniel blinked at his wife expectantly. “Well?”
Mary-Sue sighed. “I’m old, Daniel. Looking back on my life, I’ve made a lot of mistakes. One of the biggest ones was walking away from you…repeatedly. I want you to know…I do love you, very much. I always have, and I always will. I’m sorry too, for everything.”
Tears welled up in Daniel’s eyes as well as Mary-Sue’s. He scooted close to her and put his arm around her. “I love you too. Nothing has ever changed that.”
Mary-Sue smiled, relieved. “I know it’s far too late to try and fix things…”

Daniel scooped up Mary-Sue and pulled her onto his lap. “Shhh.” He cooed while stroking her hair.
She gasped and they threw their arms around each other. Their noses touching and eyes closed, Mary-Sue tried to speak through choked sobs. “Just for one night, before we leave this world for good, I just want to pretend we’re perfect. Just one night…”
Eyes still shut and faces close, Mary-Sue felt Daniel’s warm tears fall on her cheek as he nodded in agreeance.

Mary-Sue and Daniel spent the night together, feeling wholeheartedly loved. Mary-Sue couldn’t sleep, however, and just enjoyed being close to Daniel with her eyes closed. She listened to the sound of his breathing until she heard a strange, ominous swooshing sound behind her. Her heart skipped a beat as she realized what was happening. A tear fell from her eye as she kissed the back of Daniel’s head, breathing in his scent for the last time. She sat up in bed, ready to face the inevitable.

The Grim Reaper stood before her, pointing his bony finger at Mary-Sue. Feeling more peaceful than afraid, Mary-Sue took the tiki drink and grabbed her already packed suitcase as her form slowly faded away. She was ready.

The Grim Reaper awoke Daniel as well, just in time to see his wife fade away. When all was said and done, Daniel stood over Mary-Sue’s urn and sobbed. He cried in happiness and thankfulness for their ultimate reconciliation, and he cried in grief for his beautiful wife, Mary-Sue.

TO BE CONTINUED
Test Subject
#121 Old 19th Sep 2013 at 5:41 PM
Wow ! Every new chapter you write is better than the others ! Chapter 22 is one of the best to me
Thank you so much for this fabulous story !
Mad Poster
#122 Old 19th Sep 2013 at 6:13 PM
Mary Sue is gone?! *Does the 'male-teen sim' cry gesture!*

Oh well. And the part where Destiny and Ricardo met and each told the other about what happened was just hilarious, lol! BTW, will Lucy every get pregnant? I hope she does, besides, they are Goths, and usually they don't share alien heritage, except in this case... I mean... that's how they are...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#123 Old 19th Sep 2013 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
Mary Sue is gone?! *Does the 'male-teen sim' cry gesture!*

Oh well. And the part where Destiny and Ricardo met and each told the other about what happened was just hilarious, lol! BTW, will Lucy every get pregnant? I hope she does, besides, they are Goths, and usually they don't share alien heritage, except in this case... I mean... that's how they are...

Hello again, M.M.A.A.! Thanks for commenting So happy you got a kick out of Destiny and Lorenzo's little meeting in the park. I don't want to give away any spoilers, so I won't say if Lucy will get pregnant. I will tell you though, she and Alexander's story will resume in chapter 23. Not sure if your question will be answered then or not.
You're right; the Goths don't seem like alien people, lol! Besides Alex, anyway. Those Caliente's though...very suspicious.

Quote: Originally posted by Camellia29
Wow ! Every new chapter you write is better than the others ! Chapter 22 is one of the best to me
Thank you so much for this fabulous story !

Thanks so much Camellia29! That really means a lot; I'm glad my writing gets better with every chapter. I work really hard on the plot and the wording itself. I don't ever want people to get bored with The Pleasantview Diaries. Thank you, writing is my pleasure! Keep a lookout for part 2 of chapter 22, which will be posted in a day or two.
Test Subject
#124 Old 19th Sep 2013 at 9:43 PM Last edited by PhoenixSpirit : 19th Sep 2013 at 9:43 PM. Reason: typo
Oh yeah, another chapter, oh yeah *singsong voice*
Destiny really ain't having much luck is she? I forgot Lorenzo was single, thought he had already shacked up with someone else - my bad. But I like that their meeting was different than the others. It was much more mysterious and flirty; I am liking your dialogue
And last but not least, poor Daniel! I never really like him that much, usually just age him to an elder and forget about him, but his and Mary Sue's love story spans years and it's so sweet they had one last night together before she walked off with Grimmy.
(I tend to just built lots and neighbourhoods without playing much, you can tell because I always seem to say; "I never play them" or "I don't like them that much." But Pleasantview is the only premade hood I actually play, so that's saying something... I think... I tend to go off into my own little ramblings and forget the point I was trying to make...)
ANYWAY. Great chapter as always and I'm reeeeeeally pleased it's a two parter

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#125 Old 21st Sep 2013 at 8:32 PM
Oh yeah, another chapter, oh yeah *singsong voice*
Destiny really ain't having much luck is she? I forgot Lorenzo was single, thought he had already shacked up with someone else - my bad. But I like that their meeting was different than the others. It was much more mysterious and flirty; I am liking your dialogue
And last but not least, poor Daniel! I never really like him that much, usually just age him to an elder and forget about him, but his and Mary Sue's love story spans years and it's so sweet they had one last night together before she walked off with Grimmy.
(I tend to just built lots and neighbourhoods without playing much, you can tell because I always seem to say; "I never play them" or "I don't like them that much." But Pleasantview is the only premade hood I actually play, so that's saying something... I think... I tend to go off into my own little ramblings and forget the point I was trying to make...)
ANYWAY. Great chapter as always and I'm reeeeeeally pleased it's a two parter

Haha ohhh PhoenixSpirit, your comments always make me smile.
I think people get Lorenzo and Ricardo mixed up, and Ricardo does have a girl, Jane. They are brothers and look pretty similar, so it's okay. Maybe I should have picked a different name that didn't end in O...
I've always like Daniel. More than Mary-Sue. A lot more people were sad about her death than I expected. She's not my favorite. I do enjoy her and Daniel's romance though. I couldn't let her die without their reconciliation; that would have been far too depressing.
Haha you can ramble all you'd like; I love Pleasantview! I'm glad you've actually played that one so you can connect with the characters. As the story furthers, I'll delve into the other neighborhood.
So tickled that you love this chapter and the dialogue. I'm going to work on posting part two as soon as I finish this comment! Thanks so much!
Page 5 of 9