Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 12th Jul 2013 at 1:07 PM
First let me just start by saying crap and here's why: Went to a party, think it was at Alto's house. Was in the garden when party finished and for some reason couldn't leave. Not sure if the doors were locked or any other problem, ended up with being reset. The thing is that I'm not 100% sure it was Alto's house and that is making things a bit more sketchy. Clearly need to the check again because the garden isn't walled in and you can should be able to leave without a problem. That makes me think it could be the Lonely lovers house (Doug something), it has platforms all over and no way to leave without going through the house.

Initially thought it was Medinas house but after looking at it more closely I'm certain that it's not.

Sorry for a vague description of the problem but maybe it leads somewhere, hopefully I can replicate the problem and report back.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 2:50 PM Last edited by Bily jednorozec : 22nd Jul 2013 at 2:21 PM.
Hi,
I wanna too report some routing issues. I have too constantly Overwatch messages reporting Airias family. I have looked at this houseboat (EA default) and I have seen - this houseboat has underground, 1st floor - all connected with spiral stairs stacked one on top the other.
I have read in Crinrict's Island paradise bug thread, that many users are having several routing issues with spiral stairs (stacked or not) and with modular stairs, if stacked one on top each the other (my sim is unable to use it too).
On Island Paradise are several sea-creature spawners spawning collectibles under the ground (I have had issues with diving spots),
gem-metal spawner near the tatoo salon (in CAW is adress "EP10_World/Empty/LotAddress:Lot01"; 20x30 - EA default placement after launching the game) - where half of the spawner is placed on blue sim non-routable area
and one beach has unreachable gems-metals too (on isle between Isle of the Shark bite and between isle where is living EA default family Varadi - Isle Zamora, End Of the mainland).
And pools in basement are broken? I've one in 1st floor in underground of my sim-house on Fire Island, in CAW adress is "EP10_World/Empty/LotAddress:Lot13", 50x50 (my own building, cheat CFF used only for turrets on top of building) - and when he goes to swim in it, I see only his head, body disappears under the flooring of the pool.
I haven't so much experience with CAW and I don't understand, why is fish spawner placed under the waterfall, where is sim not able to fish? Under fishing lot with 2 spawners acessibles (because placed on the lot), is waterfall with another fish spawner and I'm not able to make my sim fish in it.
Sorry for my horrible english - this is a reason, why You can read only my 1st message.
Edit: Added description where I think are possibile routing issues (regarding post nr. 25).
Test Subject
#28 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 1:28 PM
Default unroutable to mermaid island
Just adding this to the thread because I've been searching all over for this and haven't found that anyone else had this one come up.

I've been trying to get my sims best friend, a mermaid, to take her to the secret island. Three different times now the mermaid (game created Mia Azul) has offered to take her there and then stomped around saying she couldn't route. I removed all furniture from the houseboat (game created You're on a Boat 1br 1 ba) and moved it from near Mermaid Grotto to Port Popular with the same result. I did try taking both sims to a beach for a couple of days to give them easier access to water but the offer never came while they were there.

I'll probably take a break from this sim for a while, but when i go back to it my next thing is to try changing the beach to a residential lot. If that doesn't work I'll befriend another mermaid. Although, I haven't seen any mermaids in dive spots for days and days . . . i wonder why they've all disappeared?
Eminence Grise
#29 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EvaE1izabeth
I've been trying to get my sims best friend, a mermaid, to take her to the secret island. Three different times now the mermaid (game created Mia Azul) has offered to take her there and then stomped around saying she couldn't route.

I thought both the sim and the mermaid had to be underwater to get the invitation. Sounds like you've been doing this on the boat? My sim got it by using "dive with..." to get his mermaid friend to the dive spot. Anyway, worth a try, though if I'm right you shouldn't be getting the invitation at all on a boat.
Test Subject
#30 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
I thought both the sim and the mermaid had to be underwater to get the invitation. Sounds like you've been doing this on the boat? My sim got it by using "dive with..." to get his mermaid friend to the dive spot. Anyway, worth a try, though if I'm right you shouldn't be getting the invitation at all on a boat.

I thought about trying underwater actually but I can't ever find that particular best friend mermaid underwater, and I can't call her from underwater either. I did try the 'dive with' interaction, and it didn't work, though now I can't remember what happened. I'll work on increasing my relationship with another mermaid and try it underwater. Well, if i can find a mermaid underwater that is!
Field Researcher
#31 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 9:35 PM
Can't you summon a mermaid with a shell (by clicking on your active sim)? That might be a level 10 diving thing...I'm not sure. Are you sure she's a mermaid? You might need to know one for that option to appear; I'm not sure.
Test Subject
#32 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 8:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi

Mine sim have got this opportunity during normal autonomously speaking on the land (I have seen up of the screen in dialog the interacion "Show secret island"), then he followed Triton King in the Taxi and speedboat.
Sometimes Triton not comes, if my sim is summoning him with seashell. Sometimes I have to repeat summoning him more times, before Triton King will coming. Mermaid-tritons may be in another side of ocean and takes more time.
Mermaids are also homeless in game (I've seen this with Master Controller) and I have read too in official forums about mermaid's ghosts and that mermaids can die in the game. (Mine is still alive, for many years, because I've aging disabled.)
Edit: fighting with english, sorry
In the Arena
retired moderator
#33 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 5:24 PM
So...if there are no further reports, I am taking the state of this thread as a "Fixes Feature Lock". I'm preparing the upload for the IP fixed resources this coming week. So, you guys most likely have until Tue to report any further issues that the 1.57 patch did not fix. If it is a quick thing, I can include it, otherwise any further reports would only be accepted via the Comments of the Download thread.

From my testing, the stacked spiral staircase issue is now fixed by 1.57 and so, no changes were done to those Houseboats that have spiral staircases.

Is everybody OK with the way the vestibule/foyer/whatever the proper term is (changes as shown in the image), for the entrance to the Ichtaca Castle? With that area expanded, I was also able to set the door as the main Front Door. Well, if you guys don't like it, it can still of course be edited to your liking at your own time...

Apart from the routing, the lots that are edited/touched as reported to me, are
- Floating Fortress (bathroom arrangement)
- Ichtaca Castle (front door)
- Modern Marvel (Lot flushed to road and Conformed Edges)
- Bistro/Spa RH (Lot flushed to road and Conformed Edges)
- Port Pleasant (still WIP, didn't like the outcome of my edits, might revert to original and try again or exclude it...)
Screenshots
Alchemist
#34 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 2:37 PM
Well, the game is still freezing like every 5th second to me.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#35 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
Well, the game is still freezing like every 5th second to me.
I don't understand the above post - after having done what, exactly?
Apart from having Overwatch and doing other stuff recommended in the Freeze wiki, I mean. Routing lags cannot be solved by mods AFAIK. I mean, did you do something to expect the lags to go away? Care to share, so I can incorporate it into the CAW routing repainting I'm doing? If it is a CAW fixable thing...

Most of the reports regarding mermaids not appearing or not becoming one, or crashing on Dive Lots (Lot routing is also not world routing) or gameplay of career-vehicles going in weird, insensible directions, or preferring water over land routes are also not fixable by doing the repainting in CAW as those are determined by the programming, not in CAW routing data.

I've also lost count of number of hours reading threads (since no one appears to be willing to report anything once I ask some questions to clarify further), where they keep mentioning "this thing happen in my Lot/Houseboat to this Sim". And then the reports end like that. I have no idea what Lot or what Sim to do anything about it.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#36 Old 3rd Oct 2013 at 8:55 AM Last edited by babele44 : 4th Oct 2013 at 9:47 AM.
At the official forums you asked for a list of houses that needed a front door fix. I think I'd rather respond here than there, hoping that you read this more regularly than wade through the official swamp.
I don't know of any list but it is basically every house that has an arch in front of the door. They forgot to use the debug command that allows to set arches as front doors.
Currently I am playing in another world but I can try with the help of http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Isla_Paradiso to list those houses I can remember with either arches as entrance or wrongly set front doors:

1. Arches as entrance
Collins - Colonial Casa - 76 Civic Center
Ichtaca - Castillo de Ichtaca - 1 Camino del Ray
The Lone Artist - Adobe Abode - 11 Ocean View Road
(Empty) - Personal Paradise - 9 Sea Spray Lane
There's at least one more empty house with an arched entry but I can't recall it from just reading the address. Maybe later I have time to go into Isla Paradiso for this. Edit: No, these are all.

2. Weird or wrongly set front doors
Alto - Luxury Villa - 1 Alto Road (I am not very sure about this one anymore but I remember that the Altos always stood outside and hardly ever entered their house on their own)
The Siren - The Modern Hideaway - Dry Land, Kraken Island (in my game her front door was set to the one-tile door that is going into her living room, not the double door in the front. This narrow door is behind a pillar and leads to a one-tile wide strip of foundation)

3. Other problems
Babes on the Beach - Holiday House - 25 Riviera Road (this one doesn't have enough flat space around their entrance so Sims either walk all the way down the raised terrain to welcome visitors or get stuck in the tiny flat space behind the entrance foundation)
Hamada - The Spanish Queen - 7 Sea Spray Lane (while this one I remember having its front door set correctly it is all fenced in and the only entry is through that structure with two arches. The Hamadas basically spend all day crammed around their mailbox)
Vidal - The Painted Lady - 74 Civic Center (Similar to the Hamadas I mostly find them standing around their mailbox. Their door is set correctly, I think, but the whole yard is fenced in and they don't enter it. I think it is also because their entrance hall is too small for them to congregate there)
In the Arena
retired moderator
#37 Old 3rd Oct 2013 at 10:27 AM
Thank you very much! Just the thing I could use.

I got a couple Lots each out of those 3 problems already done, but I didn't realize the causes differ slightly for each of them.

*Remove .zip from upload draft. Seems more work is needed.
#38 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 9:32 AM
Ok, I just went back to Isla Paradiso for this and started a fresh game and went through some of the houses in Edit Town:

(Empty) - Modern Marvel - 10 Modern Mile
(no front door set)

(Empty) - Bachelor Pad - 69 Paradise Road
(no front door set, but it has only one door anyway)

(Empty) - Seaside Escape - Sandy Shore, Surf Island
(no front door set, but it has only one door leading outside anyway)

Correction for the Siren household: there are four doors, the double door at the front, two sliding doors at the back and a single door at the side. None of the doors are set as front doors but the household uses the single one at the side. And it's not behind a pillar but behind a wall. See screenshot.

The Alto household does indeed have no front door set but they have three doors to choose from, opting for none then most of the time instead. I also just noticed that they have left the platform that surrounds the right side undesigned. Maybe you feel like completing this, too?

I also attched a screenshot where I coloured the problematic area of the Babes on the Beach house. When visiting them my Sims often went to the coloured area while waiting to be invited inside and then either them or one of the inhabitants got stuck. Personally I flattened the ground around the foundations there and smoothed the incline from the staircase downwards to the front of the lot. They still go down to the mailbox to greet visitors quite often but at least they don't get stuck anymore.

Edit: Final note. I have played this world for almost 60 Simweeks and had all residents on AwesomeMod's radar and Overwatch's StuckCheck off (it's causing more problems for me than it solves). During that time I must have gotten about five terminally stuck Sims, which in my opinion makes the routing in this world better than its reputation.
I have lag at 8am when the workpush starts and it got worse the more children I had in that town. So I think it's the call for school that's causing it, because I get this in a less severe way in all the worlds I have played in the meantime and depending on the number of school children it is better or worse.
Other than that I hardly lag at all in IP anymore. But I have solved most of the front door issues and unlocked all but one island.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#39 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 8:57 PM
Fire truck most of the time stay in the fireman place with immediate cancellation of the mission. I assume it s because there is no fireboats?
#40 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 3:22 AM Last edited by babele44 : 3rd Feb 2014 at 8:58 AM.
Sorry for resurrecting this thread but I think it is still the most appropriate place to post this.
After 61 weeks of almost trouble free play in Isla Paradiso (default version) patch 1.63 and 1.66 have rendered my game there almost unusable and judging from what I read at the official forum I'm not the only one.
The new problem is of course a routing issue and I spent the better part of this day trying to figure out what it is. My game was suddenly plagued by freezes similar to the ones we have in China with Sims stuck in the Hot Springs and Dragon Springs area but I think I have narrowed it down to one particular issue: houseboat dwellers cannot access their homes anymore by boat when the houseboats are moored at some specific ports. The ports that I have found so far and which have this problem are:
Port Primavera, Premium Port, Port Pleasant and Port Playa.
The problem is not obvious on first sight due to two things:
- the ports themselves can be accessed without any problems; it's only when trying to visit houseboats moored to them that route failures and freezes occur
- the failure only occurs when a Sim tries to route to a houseboat from a certain angle, meaning that its only one particular edge of each port that now causes problems. So, for example, a Sim has no problem getting to their houseboat at Port Pleasant if they approach it by boat from the right, but will get horribly stuck when they approach it from the left

In order to fix this I had to change the layout of these ports such that it forces Sims who approach by boat to always use the "good" side when entering a port lot. I achieved this in most cases by placing some barrier that makes access from the "bad" side impossible.
Edit: Damn this game, damn all Sims. After another Simweek of testing my potential fixes, I'm back to square one. Port Primavera broke first and then Port Pleasant didn't work out either.
It worked in my test game, but apparently I haven't tested all potential (360) angles in which one can approach a lot by boat. Digress by one degree and Sims get stuck again. So, my solution for the moment is to simply disable all affected ports to prevent Sims from mooring their houseboats there.

Pictures:

In the Arena
retired moderator
#41 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 3:19 PM
You guys want these suggestions incorporated into the IP world fixes? Is that what you're saying?

Well, I'll put it to a vote:
- if you're all OK to do these yourselves - click the Disagree.
- if you want these suggestions incorporated into the next IP world fixes release, click Agree.
(on this post)

Just when I thought I'm done with the IP world...<sigh>
Alchemist
#42 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 4:36 PM Last edited by varpunen : 2nd Feb 2014 at 4:48 PM.
I have basically no lag at all but found a new problem place from Isla while my sim was swimming; the island with the waterfall. I had a bunch of sims stuck together there, just like the way in that hill in Bridgeport, even though it is not badly painted or painted at all. I'm gonna paint that place but still leave the narrow passage open. Here's a pic of that spot...
#43 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 5:38 PM Last edited by babele44 : 2nd Feb 2014 at 8:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
You guys want these suggestions incorporated into the IP world fixes? Is that what you're saying?

Well, I'll put it to a vote:
- if you're all OK to do these yourselves - click the Disagree.
- if you want these suggestions incorporated into the next IP world fixes release, click Agree.
(on this post)

Just when I thought I'm done with the IP world...<sigh>
I clicked agree, of course , but I am not entirely sure yet whether changing things in the world file will be enough, however. Pre-patch I had hardly any lag either after fixing the lots I mentioned in a previous post. And while changing the four port lots has made it better I am still getting the odd freeze without finding any stuck Sims, though. The ITF patch seems to have made some substantial changes to how Sims enter lots and those four ports make it only more obvious. I am currently playing this old IP save in order to get a better impression of what is actually amiss and while one port worked fine when I playtested it with an active Sim in a separate game, inactives still have difficulties there. Once I've tested my "fixes" some more, maybe you'd be interested to get my lots? Perhaps you can see more clearly what is actually at the root of the problem. I already have the suspicion that this new glitch is caused by an attempt to fix the problem where Sims dropped below ground around lot edges, because I haven't seen this anymore since patching.

------------------------
@varpunen: I know this place. This is where Sims end up when the got teleported from the nearby dive spot because of a cave reset. That's probably why the ended up there.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#44 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 8:56 AM
Thus why I question the viability of the CAW fixes, if you're able to go 61 weeks on an IP.world that you have overhauled yourself. How practical is it to revisit IP.world when I can schedule the time I have for the other unfixed worlds? This self-repaired world don't even have the fixed routing resources imported, I take it?

I need to see the way the Sims behave on the unfixed version to have an idea on what sort of things to try. Do you have a Save based on that world version where you haven't edited the Ports? The Save and the .world?

But if you're willing to share, and the others also find it acceptable, I can also just replace the EA ones with your fixed Port Lots. And we'll call it a day.
But essentially we're still not going to learn why that side of the ports are deemed inaccessible to avoid future occurrences. Is it the terrain height? I see some of them don't have the grid squares that signal routability. But until I can get into CAW and look at these Lots there, I won't know if it is the terrain levels and sculpting, along with the object placements and the routing paint around the area, that contribute to the issue.
#45 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 9:55 AM Last edited by babele44 : 3rd Feb 2014 at 10:12 AM.
ellacharmed, I edited my initial post, because unfortunately the lot fixes don't work, so sharing them won't help at all

In my test game I had a Sim moor his houseboat at one of those ports and then teleported him to some other lot on another island and ordered him to go home. When he got stuck I edited the port and teleported him away again. Rinse and repeat until he didn't get stuck anymore. But my mistake was that I didn't test all possible locations where I could teleport him in the first place. In essence the fixes then only work if a Sim routes to their houseboat from a very limited range of angles.

Of course I can send you an unedited save, but this would simply be a save of the default world. You are right that I don't have your fixed version. I started this game before your fix was available and unless I'm totally wrong it is not possible anymore to apply the fixes to existing saves.

Yesterday I spent some more time with Port Primavera. When you start a new game this is where Akoni Kahale is moored. I teleported him to Bella Vista Beach and ordered him to Go Home from there. When he arrives he drives the taxi boat between his port and the adjacent Port Pescado. He gets booted out of the taxi boat just outside the port lot and this is where he gets stuck:
It's a narrow strip of world lot of maybe two tiles and the spot he gets stuck in is always the same when he comes from Bella Vista Beach. When I order him to go to the port lot from that spot, he'll enter it fine, when I order him to his houseboat from that spot he still cannot leave it. The ground is neither steep nor is there any obstruction, so, no idea why he can't leave that spot. I just noticed that it is exactly the area where visible ocean water meets firm ground.
After a while I demolished almost the whole port and only left a straight pier leading into water. After this, Akoni's routing to his houseboat changed. He didn't boat to the port lot anymore but disembarked further off at the end of the road:
and ran all the way to his port and houseboat

It may be a coincidence but all four ports have their problematic side on the left when looked at from the ocean facing the land. I haven't found any problematic port lot where this is otherwise - yet.

And yes, I have played my main game in the default world for 61 Simweeks without any trouble to speak of. The first one or two weeks were stuttery but this stopped after a while. After around week 50 I started having lag at certain times (8am and 3-4pm) but I think that this was my own fault because I had doubled the initial population by then and this lag is different from stuck Sims and feels more like an enormous load that the computer has to handle at certain times. Freeze-lag started after patching to 1.63 and this time it's almost always caused by some stuck Sims at shores and particulatly near ports. Before 1.63 I had Overwatch occasionally check for stuck Sims but 99% were false positives, so in essence I had no stuck Sims problems really.

I guess my next step would be to install your fixed version and check whether the issue persists. It won't help my current game but at least all future ones
In the Arena
retired moderator
#46 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 3:47 PM
I believe one of those Ports you singled out - I have fixed already - Port Pleasant. So just need to mess around with the other 3.
I'd be interested to learn if that fix I did for that Port works for you, babele44, in your game config.

I keep meaning to test if importing the resources into a Save might work, but I never have a world played long enough to be able to clock any lag differences, if any. Or, if that is even feasible.

If anyone have a Save they want to upload and share, please let me know. Of any worlds. Doesn't matter if you have CC that I don't, I just need to replicate some of these lags that I never see, since I don't play a long game.

I wonder if I can make a folder in my Google Share openly accessible for anyone to edit, and drop a zip...
[ETA]
Well, anyone can access; but in order to drop a file you'd need to have a Goggle account and add it to "My Drive" which would then show up in your own Google Drive Account under "My Drive". And anyone can add content in there.
So, if anyone is interested, my Google Share "WorldSaves" folder, for you to drop a Save that has been zipped up so I can do more experiments with it.
One Minute Ninja'd
#47 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 6:58 PM
Which worlds would you like saves on? And do you just want saves manifesting significant lag, or just generic random saves to get an idea of flow?
#48 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 8:39 PM
I just uploaded my IP save to mediafire and sent you a PM with the link. I'm not a member of Google, so I hope that's okay.
Retired
retired moderator
#49 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 11:15 PM Last edited by kiwi_tea : 4th Feb 2014 at 4:17 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
I have basically no lag at all but found a new problem place from Isla while my sim was swimming; the island with the waterfall. I had a bunch of sims stuck together there, just like the way in that hill in Bridgeport, even though it is not badly painted or painted at all. I'm gonna paint that place but still leave the narrow passage open. Here's a pic of that spot...

One possibility with that one is that the terrain is too steep for Sims to route into the ocean from it. Pink routing nodules will be on the coast if they can.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
In the Arena
retired moderator
#50 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 3:39 AM
@eskie227,
any Saves for any Worlds (other than Roaring Heights - still haven't got this one) where the lags and freezes have manifested
- for any world I haven't fixed, I can use it for my testing while WIP
- for any world I have fixed, I can use it to see anything else that wasn't fixed yet or where else the problem spots tend to be.

@babele44,
received the PM, will take a look. Thanks.

@kiwi_tea,
HI kiwi.
Page 2 of 3