Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2022 at 12:29 AM Last edited by goderguy : 30th Apr 2022 at 6:33 PM.
Default Multiple layer mask files in TSRW & S3PE
I have a question pertaining to editing the mask in TSRW, whether clothes or objects. Some masks have multiple layers when viewed in TSRW, but no matter what layer I’m viewing when I export the file, only the top layer shows up in my graphics editor. I have tried saving the files as png, dds, jpeg, etc. I’ve tried unchecking the alpha, unchecking the r, the g, the b. I’ve tried opening them in gimp and in paint.net, and always just get the top layer. Is there a step I’m missing, a trick I need to know, a certain file type I need to save them as?

Edit: this seems to be an issue when the 4th color channel is enabled, and the alpha layer comes in to play. I’m also having the same issue when attempting to edit in S3PE. There, it allows me to export the layer I want, but when I import the layer back, it reverts to the original.

goderguy
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 30th Apr 2022 at 11:34 PM
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st May 2022 at 4:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marydehoyos
What editor are you using?

Paint.net and Gimp. But I’m not sure it’s saving correctly, it seems to only save the top layer.

goderguy
Inventor
#4 Old 1st May 2022 at 4:19 PM
Hmmm I use Gimp. My step with a 4th layer is to Export as DTX5 that keeps the alpha layer. I read a great tutorial on this somewhere. Let me see if I can find it.
Pick the BC3/DXT5 format and tick Generate Mipmaps