Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

XML Injector version 2

by scumbumbo Posted 24th Jan 2019 at 9:22 AM - Updated 26th Mar 2019 at 11:43 PM by scumbumbo : Version 2 Released (New Features)

190 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 132 Feedback Posts, 57 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 3 of 8
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 10th May 2019 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LaraCroftEyes1
Do I download 1 file or both files?

You should only need the XMLInjector_v2.zip file to get things up and working in your game. The second file, XMLInjector_Modders_Documentation_v2.zip is only needed if you want to learn about how the injector works and how to use it in creating your own mods. It is, AFAIK, purely documentation.
Test Subject
#52 Old 19th May 2019 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
The LE is only mentioning XML Injector and custom harvestables mods due to those scripts being installed as part of the XML loading process, the actual error is caused by some invalid coding in another XML mod. I can't tell you which mod it is, you could use the Package Searcher if you have a Windows computer to search for the actual mod in question.

In Package Searcher, search for instance 156276 as it contains the actual error. All I can see myself as I don't have that mod is that it's altering the Sleep of the Undead. See the screenshot below for how to search for that instance.

Turns out it was one of Brazen Lotus' harvestables, specifically the yellow tomato - beats me as to why! I'm a patron so I'll let her know.

Thanks for being so helpful! <3
Test Subject
#53 Old 26th May 2019 at 8:31 PM
i think im having an issue with the tragic clown not spawning in the world, and vampires and aliens with this mod? not 100% sure.
Test Subject
#54 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 11:07 PM
Hello, I am currently in school for game design, and I have a question for you if you do not mind answering. I work with C# in Visual Studio, and I wanted to know does The Sims 4 takes the same language like C#? or is it a different language with Python?
Test Subject
#55 Old 10th Jun 2019 at 4:59 AM
Does not work,gives an error version of the game 1.51.77
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 1:16 PM
XML Injector mod broke with the latest patch/pack. Continuously getting a prompt in-game to install it.
Removing until it ever gets updated.
Test Subject
#57 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gettp
XML Injector mod broke with the latest patch/pack. Continuously getting a prompt in-game to install it.
Removing until it ever gets updated.

Yep, it broke with the latest update. For me it hangs on the last loading screen before getting to your family.
Mad Poster
#58 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 4:16 PM
I still have this in my game for use with my Plan Career Outfit mod and it is working without any issues. It's injecting the interactions correctly and they function as they should. I have the latest patch and I also have Island Living installed.
Could it perhaps be the mod that is attempting to make use OF the injector that is the problem instead?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
#59 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I still have this in my game for use with my Plan Career Outfit mod and it is working without any issues. It's injecting the interactions correctly and they function as they should. I have the latest patch and I also have Island Living installed.
Could it perhaps be the mod that is attempting to make use OF the injector that is the problem instead?

Same here !
No issues whatsoever .
Test Subject
#60 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by _Diana1998_
Does not work,gives an error version of the game 1.51.77

У меня такое же и тоже не работает.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#61 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 5:11 AM
Great job! Thanks for sharing.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#62 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 5:11 AM
Great job! Thanks for sharing.
Field Researcher
#63 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 9:59 PM
I just tested my game and the injector no longer works for me. It causes a huge LE. I have TwistedMexi's BE which helped me.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#64 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 3:04 AM
Someone told me the xml injector isn't working. However I can confirm it IS working properly for automatic sunburns and automatic beards. Perhaps modders using it have not implemented it properly?
Mad Poster
#65 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flerb
Someone told me the xml injector isn't working. However I can confirm it IS working properly for automatic sunburns and automatic beards. Perhaps modders using it have not implemented it properly?

I too am assuming that it is the mods that are making use OF the injector that are the problem and not the injector itself.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 10:18 AM
THANKS
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 3:41 AM
Default LE and conflict
I don't know what this is conflicting with, but with the injector installed, I get an LE notification on game startup and I can't select "sleep" on any beds - the option doesn't even appear. I've been 50/50-ing all day, as well as looking for anything that influences beds or sleeping, but with everything else up to day and/or removed the problem persisted until I removed this.

Mods rock my sox.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lupusdragon
I don't know what this is conflicting with, but with the injector installed, I get an LE notification on game startup and I can't select "sleep" on any beds - the option doesn't even appear. I've been 50/50-ing all day, as well as looking for anything that influences beds or sleeping, but with everything else up to day and/or removed the problem persisted until I removed this.

I would assume a mod conflict here or a wrong installation/corrupt file, cause I don't have any of your mentioned errors in my game with the XML injector installed. Did you perform the injector test via mailbox to look if he works right? Have you tried reinstalling/redownloading it?
Field Researcher
#69 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 6:51 PM
Same Issue
Quote: Originally posted by Lupusdragon

I had the same issue and found it was the garden harvestables I downloaded from Brazen Lotus. Once I took them out my sims can sleep in the beds. Hope this helps!!
Forum Resident
#70 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 11:45 PM
Default Snippets conflict?
Quote: Originally posted by Etta01
I had the same issue and found it was the garden harvestables I downloaded from Brazen Lotus. Once I took them out my sims can sleep in the beds. Hope this helps!!

I also got LE's on game load. Same exception appears no matter what is causing it. Very vague. Reading the errors, I was sure it was in the T-scripts somewhere. That's all that was listed in the exception. Took 3 days to one-by-one narrow the field only to find out it was the XML Injector that was clashing with something. I read the creator notes again and realized the connection to this mod and any mod that is a snippet mod? I removed all of the mods that ended with snippet (all Leniad's crafting and recipe mods) and the game works fine. I am disappointed to lose all my crafting mods however. I need XML for Flerb's Suntanning mod, which I love!!!! It really enhances EA's suntanning system. But I really love all Leniad's stuff too! Am I doing something wrong or is there a way to sync these mods to work together??
Test Subject
#71 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 11:32 AM
Hello. This mod doesn't seem to be working after today's game update. I did the test with the sample package and no interaction is showing. My script mods are enabled.Could you please tell me if there is an issue with the mod after today's patch?
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 3:06 AM
Since Scumbumbo hasn't been around lately (that I'm aware of) and I have some familiarity with the tool, I looked into this being broken after the September 5th patch. Deaderpool ended up pointing me in the direction of what had changed in the official code causing the error I was seeing and I applied what appears to be the needed fix to the mod. What was broken seems to be working now.

So I'm posting a message to share the fixed version, one the injector itself and one the modder's documentation, including the uncompiled files with the one I changed.

If you are a modder, I recommend testing this with your mods that need it before notifying people about the change. That way if there's something still broken that I missed, you can catch it first.

- Triplis
Attached files:
File Type: zip  XmlInjector_v2--Sep5-19.zip (13.1 KB, 139522 downloads)
File Type: zip  XmlInjector_Modders_Documentation_v2--Sep5-19.zip (1.30 MB, 52951 downloads)

♫ Improvising into a corner ♫
♫ No rhyme or rhythm in this verse cause I'm in a corner ♫
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 11:04 AM
Thanks Triplis.
Test Subject
#74 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 6:21 PM
Thanks very much for this.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#75 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 9:09 PM
Thank you for coming to the rescue! I very much appreciate it. On another note... I hope Scumbumbo is alright.
Page 3 of 8