Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[OUTDATED] BaseGameStarter Pro v.2.5

by Numenor Posted 5th Nov 2006 at 2:29 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:16 PM by Nysha

Closed Thread Locked by: Numenor Reason: Get the new AGS at [url]http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=250555[/url]
332 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 331 Feedback Posts
Page 5 of 14
Forum Resident
#101 Old 8th Nov 2007 at 8:37 PM
Thank you for your reply, Numenor. the lot you name is the cx_00000020 and I discovered the problem I'd better delete it the very first time I used the previous BGS
As per my UNIlot I have installed it in my full game, I opened it and it was ok: I'm going to test it as a dorm and if ok I think I will upload but ...
In that days I was 'exploring' SIMPE, I think to remember now I opened the package with SIMPE... maybe I should not? maybe this is the reason why?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#102 Old 8th Nov 2007 at 10:19 PM
Exploring a package with SimPE without saving can't harm; maybe you changed something and saved it while exiting SimPE... -

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#103 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 2:10 AM
Will It work with Sims 2 Deluxe

I'm Tony Montana!
Test Subject
#104 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 6:55 AM
Default Uninstalled Seasons issue with BV
As requested in your PM to me, here is the zipped AppFiles folder. Hope you can discover something.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  AppFiles.zip (83.5 KB, 7 downloads)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#105 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 3:46 PM
Picsarli - Yes, the BGS is compliant with Sims2 Deluxe since v. 2.0c

phoenixbrose - Got the zip. I'll keep you informed, thanks.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#106 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 1:59 AM
Thanks because every time i install an ep the game crashes

I'm Tony Montana!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#107 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 10:34 AM
In this case you should follow the standard custom-content-checking procedure: remove all the CC and see if the game starts; if so, add back half of the CC and run the game again etc. There must be something in your Downloads that causes those crashes.

Forum Resident
#108 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Exploring a package with SimPE without saving can't harm; maybe you changed something and saved it while exiting SimPE... -

that's the reason, for sure! I have completely rebuilt the lot and moved it to lot catalog, transformed it into dorm, etc and everything is ok!

I have another problem to submit now, anyway. maybe you have already heard it (I have not read all the 5 pages of posts.. ) -> if I use any EP, for example UNI, I mean 'UNI only' now, and the next time I want to run my EA complete game this one find only UNI (but all the eps are installed): in order to have back my full EA game I have to run BGS BV + previous EPS, this way I can both run BGS full game and EA full game. It's not a problem, just a bit boring
may you help me, pls? thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 12th Nov 2007 at 9:39 AM
Numenor - It's not just one lot from another game or place that I can't install into BGS. I don't think I've even managed one! For example I have a set of 6 bungalows on 2x2 lots made in OFB and edited in my OFB only BGS game. They install fine into my Full game, but won't install back into the BGS game they came from. I'll keep trying and let you know if I find the problem. shrugs - Maybe my installation is messed up ... "a cwykes type problem" as pescado would say.
Here's one of the lots
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot...user_id=1159607
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#110 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 8:44 AM
To all BGS / AGS users:

IMPORTANT - The BGS and the AGS have been created to work with any EP/SP UP TO BON VOYAGE - Avoid using the BGS and AGS if you install an EP or SP newer than Bon Voyage (e.g. Teen Style).

Alisar - It shouldn't work this way... Can you please post your zipped "Appfiles" folder here?

Cwykes - I've downloaded your lot from EA site, I'll test it in my BGS later on today.

Lab Assistant
#111 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 9:03 AM
Thanks Numenor - after about the hundredth time of looking at it, I've finally noticed that the names of the files don't match and the Tmp file has a bad extension.

2d68078c68d3961dadfec05ab6bfdf3c.Sims2Import
lotSegmentForUpload.sims.Sim2Tmp

I can see why that might not work! How do you get lots into a BGS game?

Here's what I'm doing with CI:
1. uncheck the "default" box
2. click on the dropdown menu arrow by "teleport"
3. choose browse
4. navigate to another teleport folder (say the one in your OFB only game)
5. make sure CI is still set to generate the import file.
6. click to install
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 5:32 AM
I ran into another problem. I installed BGS 2.0e before I installed H&M fasion stuff. Thankfully, BGS didn't install a shortcut for the missing stuff pack, but I recently obtained it and reinstalled BGS to get the H&M icon. My only problem, the H&M fasion icon tries to run The Sims 2 Seasons instead. The AnyGameStarter doesn't seem to have this problem. BGS starts Seasons with both the UpTo and Only shortcuts.

Printed Notice:
NOTICE: If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice isn't actually worth noticing
Red Sign:
SIGN NOT IN USE
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#113 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 10:44 AM
ABOUT INSTALLING LOTS IN THE BGS MINI-GAMES

Earlier, I've suggested to use the Clean Installer, and to manually select a non-default path pointing to the mini-game "Teleport" folder. In theory, this method should work perfectly fine; in practice, the Clean Installer creates some odd modifications to the temporary files (not always but often), making impossible to install the lot in the mini-game.

I'm studying a solution to make easier to install lots into the mini-games; in the meantime, here is a more reliable method to install the lots in the mini-games.
This method requires the Clean Installer.

1) Start the choosen mini-game by double-clicking on it icon, as usual.
2) As soon as the splash screen appears, you have about 30 seconds to double click on the lot you want to install (the Clean Installer will open up).
3) You don't need to change any option: just click Install, then again Install, then OK and again OK. Using the keyboard is even easier: after you have double clicked on the .sims2pack file, and the Clean Installer has started, press the big Return key on your keyboard four times, and the Clean Installer will install the lot in the mini-game Teleport, and then will close.

I've tested this method with several lots randomly downloaded from the Exchange and MTS2, and it always worked for me. With a little practice, you'll have no problems in installing anything in the mini-game Teleport.
Just remember that:
a) you can't use the Maxis installer (it won't run while the game itself is running);
b) while you are pressing the Return key, keep an eye to the Clean Installer, because the game tends to steal the focus from it (in this case, click on the Clean Installer window to bring it again to focus);
c) 30 seconds are longer that you might think : there is no need to rush; in any case, the important thing is to start the Clean Installer within the 30 seconds: once started, the Clean Installer will remember the path to the mini-game even if the 30 seconds end up; with a little practice with the Return key, I managed to install 5 different lots into the Mini-game during the initial 30 seconds -

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#114 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 10:51 AM
DAZ_FAR - Thanks for reporting: I'm going to investigate and eventually fix possible problems related to HM and other stuff packs (Maxis made starting these games so intricate that it's hard for the installer to choose the right EP to run, sometimes )

Forum Resident
#115 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 11:14 PM
To all BGS / AGS users:

IMPORTANT - The BGS and the AGS have been created to work with any EP/SP UP TO BON VOYAGE - Avoid using the BGS and AGS if you install an EP or SP newer than Bon Voyage (e.g. Teen Style).

Alisar - It shouldn't work this way... Can you please post your zipped "Appfiles" folder here?

Cwykes - I've downloaded your lot from EA site, I'll test it in my BGS later on today.

Hi
I tried again (using BGS BG instead than an EP) and noted all the steps: I attach the appfiles and the shots taken each try. These the steps:

1- run BGS BG, enter minigame, exit
2- tried to run EA BV -> BGS BV responds showing a window in which all the EP and SP are disactivated
2- run BGS BV + previous, enter minigame, exit
3- tried to run EA BV -> BGS BV responds showing a window in which all the EP and SP are activated amd if I click on 'play' it run BGS (I think BV+Prev); close the window and ndo not run
4- run BGS FullGame, enter a neighbourhood, exit
5- tried to run EA BV again but the situation is the same of point 3

I hope my notes and attachments are clear and can explain better and help you understand the problem. I think it is Vista's fault, as this OS seems to keep in mind the last folder you use to do a certain thing (non only to save a file but anything you do Vista does not show folders in a normal order but in relation to how many times you use them ), so maybe Vista do the same with programs.

Thank you for your help.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Alisar_AppFiles+Screens.rar (806.2 KB, 5 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 10:53 AM
Thanks for the clear instructions in post 113. I can now install lots into BGS Game
I don't run BGS in a window, so I'm alt tabbing out. I suspect that gives me more time.

The new BGS is much more stable and not crashing at all. I'ts invaluable, but I guess you know that. Thanks again. Hope you find some use for my little bungalow!
Test Subject
#117 Old 24th Nov 2007 at 8:47 PM
This is great! it keeps my sims from freezing to death! I can't wait until Teen Stuff update! Thanks Numenor!! :D

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here and drink what comes out"?

More funny things at:
http://www.freewebs.com/funnysaying...unnysayings.htm
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#118 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 11:38 PM Last edited by Numenor : 28th Nov 2007 at 11:51 PM.
Default Update!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

BASEGAMESTARTER PRO v. 2.1

WHAT'S NEW IN THE LATEST VERSION
  • VERSION 2.1
    • Now the BGS is compatible with Teen Style Stuff (and can create the "OnlyTSS" and "Up2TSS" games). Thanks to MaryLou for the brand new TSS icons!

• New Feature: Drag&Drop lot installation - You can now install .sims2pack files by simply dragging the sims2pack over the chosen mini-game icon, and the BGS will let you install the sims2pack content into the mini-game, instead of the full game. When the installer opens up, just confirm the installation into the *default* path. This works with both the Clean Installer and the Maxis installer.

• New Feature: Collections - Now the BGS installer copies all your collections from your full game to each mini-game; this won't harm nor slow down your mini-game because the collections are just small files that contain references to the actual objects: if the mini-game doesn't include the EP needed for some objects to be displayed, the collection will appear empty (e.g. if you open the "Nightlife stuff" collection in a OnlyUNI game, you won't see any object inside).

• Improvement: Widescreen resolutions - Added two new widescreen resolution for the mini-games (mainly useful for who has a widescreen monitor, but they look fine on a 4:3 monitor too, if you play in window).

• New Community Lot in catalog: a ready-to-use lot, useful for your tests.

Lab Assistant
#119 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 1:36 PM
clever new shinies! thank you
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 3:55 PM

BASEGAMESTARTER PRO v. 2.1

WHAT'S NEW IN THE LATEST VERSION
[list][*] VERSION 2.1 [LIST][*]New Feature: Drag&Drop lot installation - You can now install .sims2pack files by simply dragging the sims2pack over the chosen mini-game icon, and the BGS will let you install the sims2pack content into the mini-game, instead of the full game. When the installer opens up, just confirm the installation into the *default* path. This works with both the Clean Installer and the Maxis installer.
[*]Improvement: Widescreen resolutions - Added two new widescreen resolution for the mini-games (mainly useful for who has a widescreen monitor, but they look fine on a 4:3 monitor too, if you play in window).

Great new additions, thanks.
Forum Resident
#121 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 5:32 PM
I have been anxiously awaiting this update since I Teen Style. Thanks! And love the new additions especially regarding the collection file.

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 12:53 PM
Installed it yesterday over the old installation. If I was supposed to uninstall the old version first ....ooops. Feedback:
1. My "full game" now thinks I have Pets installed when I don't. I was offered Pets tips and the Paw on the "toolbar" at the top LHS of the screen is available to click (I didn't!)
2. the game had reset
3. CC was disabled and "always ask about CC" had got enabled again.
Forum Resident
#123 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 1:32 PM
:lovestruc you are great! I don't have teen style stuff yet but... wow! DRAG & DROP to install lots!!! and the community lot by MaryLou :lovestruc

thank you
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#124 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cwykes
Installed it yesterday over the old installation. If I was supposed to uninstall the old version first ....ooops. Feedback:
1. My "full game" now thinks I have Pets installed when I don't. I was offered Pets tips and the Paw on the "toolbar" at the top LHS of the screen is available to click (I didn't!)
2. the game had reset
3. CC was disabled and "always ask about CC" had got enabled again.

You don't need to uninstall the previous BGS versions: the installer does everything by itself.

As for your three problems, please post your zipped Appfiles and tell me exactly which EP and SP you have (your profile says: Base+OFB+SSN; correct?); in any case, try reinstalling the BGS and then run the full game: it will probably start correctly.
Keep in mind that your nothing bad is happened to your full game It's just a matter of setting the right path to the Documents folder.

That said, I think I have understood your problems, but please please confirm this:
- when you start the full game (using the BGS "Full Game" icon or using the Maxis icon?), you are presented to the original standard neighborhoods;
- when you load one of these neighborhoods, you see the "paw" icon in the top-left corner (clicking the icon just issues a message: "Pets does not need a special neighborhood", so you can click it as many time you want : )

Lab Assistant
#125 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 10:39 PM
Hi Numenor - I'm too brain dead to try anything out tonight, but here are the zipped app files from yesterday. All I did yesterday was install the new BGS, start up my full game, play the TSR challenge household I wanted to play and then quit. My hoods are fine, but the sims are re-set as if I had added an EP (e.g. sims standing by easels with half full bladders). Maybe the reset is because the game thought I had added Pets - I did get an offer of game tips. I got wants to buy pets as well.

My profile is out of date and I will fix it. Over the past couple of weeks I've been adding old EPs and SPs. I now have everything except Pets, BV and teen style. The EPs were installed in order and the stuff packs more or less in order with Celebrations and H&M last. I'm playing off the Seasons disk.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  cwykesAppFiles.zip (113.8 KB, 8 downloads)
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 14